The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Beta 1 Testing Information

Prepare to battle for your place in the pantheon!

By on September 4, 2008 1:02:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+228

Welcome pre-order customers and testers!  Soon you'll be playing the first beta for Gas Powered Games & Stardock's upcoming action-RPG-strategy game, Demigod.

Here's what you can expect in Beta 1:

• Play as the Rook, Regulus or the Torchbearer.
  • Fight against AI opponents on the Waterfall map.
  • Play against fellow testers over a LAN (Hamachi may work, but is not supported).

Once you've installed Demigod via Impulse, you'll be prompted to create a Profile. Do this and click Apply to save your data.

There is no single-player mode in Beta 1. In order to play, click on Multiplayer and then Host a LAN game on your PC. If you have other PCs on your network with the beta, they'll be able to join your game. The Waterfall map supports up to 6 players.

Beta 1 may or may not be fun (though we won't complain if you guys have a blast ). Honestly, we're looking to hear about technical issues you may have, bugs you may find, or other non-gameplay related things.  When posting about an issue, please keep it to 1 issue per thread. This will make it much easier for us to deal with the feedback.

If you do have issues, first thing to do is to update your video and audio drivers to their latest versions.  Just because game X runs fine on your system doesn't mean Demigod will!  Update your drivers to see if that fixes an issue before posting.

If you do have an issue that updated drivers doesn't help for, please include a DirectX diag report (Start -> Run -> Type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and hit enter).  Also post a detailed report of what was going on leading up to your issue and what it was.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy the game.

Locked Post 18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 4, 2008 1:19:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woot!!

September 4, 2008 2:56:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are you planning on opening a bugs forum? Might be easier to keep track of everything

September 4, 2008 4:50:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sub forum to the beta forum for clarity in the future.  >)

September 4, 2008 4:52:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The beta forums is the bugs forum 

September 4, 2008 5:43:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zoomba,
The beta forums is the bugs forum 

What do you mean by that ?

Is it the beta section of this https://forums.demigodthegame.com forum and/or where the game's read-me file points to ? :

« The official beta forums are at http://beta.stardock.com and are your access point with the development team. All feedback, including tech-related questions, should be posted to the forum. »

I've had 2 total PC crashes when Impulse was trying to install the game, a few hours ago. I don't know where to report them. (I did some troubleshooting and it finally worked on the 3rd try.)

September 4, 2008 5:45:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do we have any guidelines as to what issues to look for and what to ignore? I don't want to start writing in reports of "purchased power button has an opaque red square during its cooldown" if those kinds of things should be ignored for phase 1.

September 4, 2008 5:46:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sorceresss,

Is it the beta section of this https://forums.demigodthegame.com forum and/or where the game's read-me file points to ? :
« The official beta forums are at http://beta.stardock.com and are your access point with the development team. All feedback, including tech-related questions, should be posted to the forum. »
I've had 2 total PC crashes when Impulse was trying to install the game, a few hours ago. I don't know where to report them. (I did some troubleshooting and it finally worked on the 3rd try.)

I believe that anything related to the Demigod beta should go in https://forums.demigodthegame.com/forum/472

September 4, 2008 6:12:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sorceresss,

I take back my earlier comment - that beta.stardock.com forum is listed in the Readme, but it's empty. So... I dunno

September 4, 2008 7:31:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The readme is incorrect, feedback should go here.

September 5, 2008 4:55:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hummm, it would be interesting to have a "Report" button or something, during game.
Or a feature with printscreen or something that we can send to the development team automaticaly ? 

September 5, 2008 10:03:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am running a quad core in vista 64 with 4gb of ram and EVGA 8800gt 512 superclocked card

Game loaded fine Played a few games last night and the graphics were great

had little to no problems at all on the hardware side.

Great job guys Beta 1 look good. Well post more after i play some more.

September 5, 2008 10:41:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lprometheus,
I am running a quad core in vista 64 with 4gb of ram and EVGA 8800gt 512 superclocked card
Game loaded fine Played a few games last night and the graphics were great
had little to no problems at all on the hardware side.
Great job guys Beta 1 look good. Well post more after i play some more.

So far this has been my experience as well.  I'm running a dual core in Vista Sp1 with 2 gb of ram and BFG 8800 GTS.  The download/install process was smooth along with being able to run the game without any crashes or errors.

September 5, 2008 11:04:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you have to put [BUG] and what not in the topic for it to be viewed.

September 5, 2008 11:56:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You don't have to, but it would probably be helpful.

September 28, 2008 3:39:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any news on when Beta 2 is coming out?  I just pre-ordered and would like to play!

October 2, 2008 3:09:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

beta 2 starts november afaik (1-a starts today)

October 6, 2008 7:39:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I only just pre ordered this product to try and get in on the beta. But I'm yet to find any information on how you download the beta. Anyone care to provide the instructions?

October 6, 2008 9:05:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As I was told when I asked the same question a few weeks ago... That information is available on the forums if you search for it..

Here's my post: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/324851

Anyway.. here's the bottom line, in order to gain access to beta 1 (and beta 1a it seems) you had to place the preorder before the 19th of september 2008. If you have preordered after this date, you will qualify for beta 2 (according to information above, beta 2 should launch in the beginning of november), but not for beta 1 (or beta 1a) which is currently up and running.

So in short, if you just preordered, you won't gain beta access untill november.

You download the beta through impulse http://www.impulsedriven.com/

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: