The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pinned Post

IMPORTANT: Info on Demigod Beta Release

By on September 3, 2008 3:55:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, a lot of folks have been passing around rumors and speculation on what's going on with the beta tomorrow.  We've also been fielding the same questions from many people over and over again.  So to make things easier for everyone, here is some basic information on Demigod Beta 1, preorders, and all that goodness...

1. When can I download the beta?
    Beta 1 will be available on Thursday, September 4th.  The only ETA we have is sometime in the afternoon.  Stardock's offices are in the Eastern Time Zone of the US (GMT-5).  So no posting "Hey, I'm in Australia and it's the 5th already and I don't have the beta!"  The release goes by our clock  

2. When will my preorder be charged?
    Preorders will be charged in waves on the 4th, in the order they were received.  As your order is charged, you will be granted access to the Demigod Beta.

3. I preordered the game.  Will I get the beta?
    Anyone who has a preorder already (as of this writing) is 100% guaranteed a beta key.  That said, chances are still excellent that if you preorder the game at any point in the next few days, you'll probably get into the beta too.

4. I preordered the game.  Why don't I have a key?
    You will get the key when your preorder is charged.

5. When is the cut-off for Beta 1 access?
    We will accept preorders into Beta 1 for at least one week after beta starts.  So if you haven't preordered yet, you have some time still to order and get into the beta (assuming we don't hit our tester limit first).

6. How do I download Demigod?
    Demigod will only be available via Impulse. (http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup.exe)

Log in to Impulse using your Stardock.net account (what you use to log in to these forums)

If Demigod does not appear after you receive the email, check the registrations tab (the key icon in the top right) to make sure Demigod is listed, with an associated key.  If it is not, copy the key you received via email, and "Add Registration" in Impulse.  Make sure to supply the key AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU RECEIVED THE KEY ON.

Demigod should appear in the My Games tab.  Select it, and click "Install" on the right.  Impulse will handle download & installation of the game.
If you have any other questions about how to get your hands on the beta, post them below.  I'll try to answer them as quickly as possible.  Please limit questions to getting the beta, not what's going to be in the beta, or bug reports, or anything else.  This thread will be heavily moderated, I will remove unrelated questions to keep things clean and easy to follow for everyone.

Cheers,
-Mike

Edit: UPDATE YOUR VIDEO DRIVERS! If you have *any* issues, this is the absolute first thing to try if you're not already running the very latest from nVidia or ATI. nVidia laptop users, see laptopvideo2go.com.

+169 Karma | 76 Replies
September 4, 2008 2:31:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

really? trap how have u ordered? credit card or what?

*update*

i looked up my mastercard and it was already charged but i havent received an email yet.... what happend?

September 4, 2008 2:42:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm gonna be waiting awhile. I preorded last night...

September 4, 2008 2:45:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well i just preordered 25 minutes ago, guess i'm a little bit late.

No idea how i could even miss this.

September 4, 2008 3:26:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Has anyone on the West Coast gotten an email or seen the availability of the Beta?

September 4, 2008 3:27:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thrawn2787,
I'm gonna be waiting awhile. I preorded last night...

They are on August already, closing in to the end of August probably by now.

September 4, 2008 3:27:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting useless77,
Quoting sneftrup, reply 10Do you have any approximate system requirements for the beta?
Yeah. I don't want to PreOrder a Game I can't play because of my Computer. So some informations would be great.

If you can play Supreme Commander you should be able to play Demigod.  If your in doubt, then maybe you should hold off pre-ordering.  Part of the first beta is to test Demigod and multiple systems to see what works.  Additionally, there will most likely be feedback from many users that will report how well it runs on X system which should give you an idea of whether you can run the game on your CPU or not.

September 4, 2008 5:26:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I currently have an issue which seems to stem from Impulse.

I have received my email with the serial number, when I start up impulse I am able to registrar Demigod, but when I attempt to install the game I firstly get the EULA and when I select next the following error occurs:

"Please wait until Impulse finishes connecting to install an application."

It has been doing this for the last 10 minutes, and yet I cannot get past this point.

I have restarted my PC, but that doesn't help and when I attempt to go to the Preferences section of Impulse the following error occurs:

"Cannot perform this action at this time.  Please try again after Impulse is done Validating registrations."

How long is registry validation supposed to go anyway?  Surely no longer than 10 minutes?

September 4, 2008 5:36:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How do you go about updating your drivers??? sorry I am not a PC genious!

September 4, 2008 7:04:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Atua,
I currently have an issue which seems to stem from Impulse.I have received my email with the serial number, when I start up impulse I am able to registrar Demigod, but when I attempt to install the game I firstly get the EULA and when I select next the following error occurs:"Please wait until Impulse finishes connecting to install an application."It has been doing this for the last 10 minutes, and yet I cannot get past this point.I have restarted my PC, but that doesn't help and when I attempt to go to the Preferences section of Impulse the following error occurs:"Cannot perform this action at this time.  Please try again after Impulse is done Validating registrations."How long is registry validation supposed to go anyway?  Surely no longer than 10 minutes?

1. Reboot the computer

2. Connect to the internet.

3. Pull up IE to ensure you have a good connection.  You might want to try www.impusedriven.com.  ( Irealize your connection probably works since ya posted here, but as an old school tech we like to start from the begining.)

4. Open up impulese, watch the lower left corner.  It should run through logging in, checking the version, checking registrations and so on.

5. Make sure all of that completes, if it gets stuck at any point continue to 5a.

5a. If you click on the little ? in the upper right hand corner you get several options.  The first is a connection test.  Run that and post the results here. 

5b. Also check the version information and post that here.

5c. We also need the error log (scroll down to the bottom for the latest information).  If you are having a hard time finding the right error, then clear the log (edit -> select all -> delete) and try again to see if the error makes it to the log.

This will get us some concrete information to work with.  Might want to start your own topic if you can't get it working.

-Novalith 

September 4, 2008 7:07:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
How do you go about updating your drivers??? sorry I am not a PC genious!

Try loading up the game first, then update your drivers if you have an issue.  In order to tell you how I need to know what kind of video and/or sound card you have.

September 4, 2008 7:47:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got mine and it installed just fine on the computer... now to just get out of work and have time to play!

September 4, 2008 8:12:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Novalith check out my other posts I just uploaded my specs if you are still interested in helping. Yes I am having major issues.

September 4, 2008 10:01:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Novalith, thanks for the info.  I will go through that when I get home.  I am pretty confident that the issue is not the internet connection, but it's always good to check.

With regards to your first point, I have already rebooted my PC, but that has not fixed the issue.

With regards to your forth point, the message window in the bottom left corner goes through its usual stuff, but after that, there are no messages, which I assume means that it is running fine (i.e. doesn't say that it's downloading a patch, or anything similar).

I will attempt the fifth point tonight when I get home.

As an aside, my OS is Windows Vista Home Premium addition, if this helps.

September 5, 2008 4:11:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok Novalith I have performed what you have asked and the results are below, however, before the results, there is another thing I would like to indicate that is an issue for me.  Everytime I start up Impulse I have to re-registrar the Demigod registration.

Anyway, here are the results:

Results from Connection Test

**Resolving dl1.impulsedriven.com**

**Resolving stardock.cachefly.net**

**Retrieving from dl1.impulsedriven.com**
Success!

**Proxy information**
Using default proxy settings

**Checking Service: BITS**
Service is running

**Checking Service: EventSystem**
Service is running

**Checking Service: RpcSs**
Service is running

**Checking Service: DcomLaunch**
Service is running

**Attempting BITS download**
Downloaded OK, testing contents
Success!

Results of error log.

-- [5/09/2008 5:59:27 PM] ----------------------------------------------------
Context: Impulse: WebRequest

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:11 PM] ----------------------------------------------------

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:12 PM] ----------------------------------------------------

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:13 PM] ----------------------------------------------------
Context: Impulse: WebService: ValidateAccount

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:13 PM] ----------------------------------------------------

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:14 PM] ----------------------------------------------------

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:16 PM] ----------------------------------------------------

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:16 PM] ----------------------------------------------------

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:17 PM] ----------------------------------------------------

-- [5/09/2008 6:05:17 PM] ----------------------------------------------------
Context: DownloadFile - File Download (Web)
Message: 319 C:\ProgramData\Stardock\Impulse\Temporary\DownloadQueue\impulse_images\install.xml_ http://dl1.impulsedriven.com/download.ashx?b=251&v=3.00.129&t=FGwgwUFlgN8BaKkBT23w9AmMa%2fD8bH9I95HuufI5AcB9Ph1Rxj8dCJqqCa39Y83vOxOgkZOQtcy4Z44P7tZhcTxzL5EKQMWHeUSBE3Zw0HWjJ6X6Bopzt3c7h0B%2bKJQ13GwRx99%2bDAApZh5wPrfbEFMogwJiP8QGrHKompRbeWmXnL7Oi2bKkgJMo1U%2fTIRXDA91U60JNGs529vOwL5zioPrw0bgBSvOq7C%2bUEUAZiYZcnEKqR0b0FiqD3lsOWX8NgHINIZ4E3ekVhQvEp4P4OxJ2QJ3i%2ba97ZDi19mhAoblM4OK615uqYitLCGA0p4I%2b%2b5o2dYahY0%2bHdO3xRZdTSEfDh7WFvujBfSKWVZH5iqObRAq2nS5%2biDQAdgBqI8eePSCeQhqVXrircx%2f5S%2fDyccz1MNNzctk6okwksigvb1EYNaAu2kL6%2b1OxaBci8TtnHJY%2b%2b%2fuVyQq6UlgHjXGhI6AZRmOGk2qvmNwP06FWc2tEWlw2RevJVtcmW%2b7CV5i&f=vafgnyy.kzy_ d57894cc6f9905cf23d90d26a95758ff
Exception: The remote server returned an error: (417) Expectation failed.
Stack Trace:
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at e1.a(MethodInvoker A_0, Boolean A_1)

September 5, 2008 8:26:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, well I have got a little bit further than before thanks to Shirley from Stardock support, however, it is failing at another spot now.

The errors I was indicating before are not occuring anymore, now, the Demigod game starts to download (it provides the text "building file lists", then moves to the "connecting" text), but after a while (unsure how long as I went to bed), the download fails and I have the following error in the error log:

-- [6/09/2008 2:03:12 AM] ----------------------------------------------------
Context: DownloadJob Error - dem/drengin PublicProduction 0.50.006
Message: HTTP status 404: The requested URL does not exist on the server.
http://dl1.impulsedriven.com/download.ashx?b=251&v=0.50.006&t=FGwgwUFlgN8BaKkBT23w9AmMa%2fD8bH9I95HuufI5AcB9Ph1Rxj8dCJqqCa39Y83vOxOgkZOQtcy4Z44P7tZhcTxzL5EKQMWHSTaNqaoLjlLu3ijfA0rh4qkrqwLz25aFyKoyCq9fQiftHdgbtXGYfQUpbUd157qHu0%2bdfzUw%2bkys0S2iEmTy1qqaORA7%2fcxzg5bg2glwC9p0b%2fYc%2bGfjoxcoh%2bGXRH4loTdkX6a1jM%2bpeaHFE95RjlqvCMWrdKQynFzX9gs7LMntpNG3yW7qNuCYFM5wvC45SOLcW4AGjICCb6Ri0bEXQ%2bdWq9W1fwcCD1pDp9x6TEnQ280sv742%2bx6QIj8PLvp%2b8j%2bEIG7kutR897i4%2bfciZPOOsGXUf4H5BTdOwNwkqzGzltpSQBwZ%2fKZB4dXP%2fPyk6WY2%2bOZdtFiV5JrzkiSlO6axA%2baZJ8fNvcRtghfI8%2bkFPNQCjKN58OwoLT7vk1ZXbx3TIGfel3ET%2fuz4AEoOmg%3d%3d&f=The error occurred while the remote file was being processed.

Any thoughts as to why this happened?

September 8, 2008 2:39:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

do we have any info on beta 2 yet?

September 8, 2008 12:09:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kyrein,
do we have any info on beta 2 yet?

Um, since beta 1 is only 4 days old right now, it's a bit premature to be talking beta 2.

September 8, 2008 5:27:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not really

September 9, 2008 6:41:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and for patch the beta 1 ?

September 13, 2008 4:51:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just ordered yesterday, and I hope I'm not too late to get in the beta. I've only heard about the game recently, but I did love Dota, and am amazed how off the usual path this game is looking already.

December 14, 2008 8:07:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I pre-order now, what are my chances of getting into the beta?

EDIT: if applicable, are there other ways to apply for the beta?  I fished around ont he website for about 20 minutes but couldn't find any details beyond "If you already pre-ordered you're in, if you pre-order in the next week you may still get in" from back in Septemberish.

December 14, 2008 10:06:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The new beta comes out hopefully this thursday Dec 18 if you pre order before it you should get in. The new beta will incluse alot more stuff too.

December 15, 2008 11:45:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yep, you need to preorder the game in order to get into the Beta, and you have 4 days to do it.

December 15, 2008 1:52:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I pre-order now, what are my chances of getting into the beta?

Anyone who preorders before or during the beta window (usually a week or two after a new beta phase is released) will be granted access to the beta.

March 26, 2009 12:37:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I Just pre-ordered the game. I know its close to release but will i have access to Beta?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.