The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

KOTOR ONLINE IS OFFICIAL

By on July 17, 2008 6:03:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I WAS JUST WATCHING G4 AND THEY SAID A KOTOR ONLINE WAS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

Yay! Sorry for the caps!
+30 Karma | 16 Replies
July 17, 2008 9:50:25 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Oh my god, a MMORPG KOTOR-style? Dude, as dorky as this sounds, KOTOR 1 and 2 like, touched my soul. I dunno, I just deeply loved those games and immensely enjoyed playing them. I replayed each probly 8 or 10 times just to make sure I saw all the content. Good, Evil, middle, dude, chick, everything.

And if WOW almost took over my life, if this game is well done, my life will cease to exist lol.
July 17, 2008 9:53:59 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Hmm can't edit. Also the guy that did a vast majority of the story for them, Drew Karpyshyn, a Canadian dude, he also wrote Mass Effect, and he wrote a Star Wars novel that is kinda based on KOTOR story line called Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. It was a great book. That guy has done more for star wars since 1983 than Lucas IMHO.
July 18, 2008 5:02:23 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
sweet pirets, gangs, the exchange, the republic and the Sith empire. Cool can't what to fly a ship.

what is it going to be a expanse pack for star wars galixys or is it going to be a game in its self.
November 26, 2008 9:52:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Wow. Apparently you guys haven't noticed the creative bankruptcy of the game. I mean, come on. Let's all look at pretty pictures of Jedi and clone troope-i mean, jedi and 'republic soldiers'. What about the Venato-i mean, the republic attack ship? And another jedi/sith war? Honestly? Haven't we had enough now? Especially if this one is as big as it's made out to be, WHY wouldn't it have been mentioned or even heard about in Star Wars before now? It's cause 'miracle man' drew decided "oh sweet! I wanna fun super cool star wars mmorpg! Wee! and i want sith, and jedi, and clones..." Hey dude, stop. Please. You already ruined darth bane with your abominable books. PLease, don't ruin Star Wars anymore. Don't rehash old stuff and used up plotlines. Give us more new stuff. Like maybe Yuuzhan Vong war stuff. or Legacy (not the hoorid bookseries. The good comic series). OR anything, other than another jedi/sith war!!!!!!!

November 26, 2008 9:59:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Damn that's some wicked necro.

November 26, 2008 10:30:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's true though. Sad, but true.

November 26, 2008 10:37:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nice uber bump.

November 26, 2008 11:01:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thnx. it had to be said

November 26, 2008 11:12:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes it did. Star Wars is milked. It's sad

November 27, 2008 12:24:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Star Wars Rulez!!  

Sorry, i just "Had" to say that, everyone seems so down....

Star Wars and Star Trek are like the "creation" of SF, i mean, not really, but ... at least for those of us who fell in love with STNG, and the Second SW series.

(now im going to get blasted for liking it) <ducks>

-Teal

November 27, 2008 12:50:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Even better if it keeps the same engine and combat mechanics.

November 27, 2008 1:02:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Links please? Maybe I'm confused.... And how will this affect the BW SWTOR MMO?

November 27, 2008 2:14:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is the BioWare SW MMO.  Thread is just so ancient it was still rumored as KOTOR MMO instead of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

November 27, 2008 3:59:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OK. That is what I figured. Thanks.

November 27, 2008 8:07:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I disagree, I think KoToR is the best thing that happened to Star Wars in recent years. An actual adventure story with all the classic elements done properly and charm and a twist to rival 'Luke, I am you father'. I'm no fan of MMORPGs, but I have faith in the Bioware writing team.

November 27, 2008 3:47:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm not a KOTOR hater. I love kotor. And Star wars.

What i don't love, is how they are bastardizing KOTOR by copying other storylines, changing a few details, then calling it KOTOR. It's pathetic. Come up with an actual all new story line. PLease.

And yes, this is a KOTOR mmorpg. They just created a BS new name.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.