The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: The Single Player Game

Yes, it's a big deal!

By on May 29, 2008 1:45:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

A lot of attention has been given to Demigod's multiplayer capabilities.  I like to think that Demigod will be the Counterstrike of strategy games.

But what about the single player experience?

Well, one of the big changes since Stardock and Gas Powered Games have teamed up is the single player game.  Stardock takes single player games very very seriously. You could say it's our area of expertise.

In a couple of weeks, we hope to unveil here the single player concept.  I think people will be pretty pleased as those who are worried that single player will merely be skirmishes or some scripted campaign need not worry. We have something really special and unique in development.

Stay tuned!

Locked Post 89 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 21, 2009 8:14:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Post Edited.

Oh yeah, that's why I don't usually post in forums after lacking way too much sleep. Completely missed the post date.  

October 22, 2009 4:06:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Serpentofshadow,

I knew there was a reason I checked these forums daily.

By Frogboy Posted May 29, 2008 1:45:13 AM

Please for the love of all things pure say that is a joke

October 22, 2009 5:05:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i'm feeling more and more you guys are making fun of us....

beside single-player, modding, and 2 late-coming new demigods, is there ANYBODY working on fixing the many ingame bugs (DG getting stuck not moving, generals fight behavior bug/target switching, TB autoatack in firemode, qot/tb balance issues), the mp-infrastructure like automatches and teamed-matches, fixing the ladder and stats, improving networ andconnectivity performance?

any news about this bugs being worked at? this must have mp-features being worked at?

only see promises of things we need the last, partly late coming promises.

October 22, 2009 4:22:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

CelMare, cry more?

October 23, 2009 10:44:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Serpentofshadow,
Post Edited.

Oh yeah, that's why I don't usually post in forums after lacking way too much sleep. Completely missed the post date.  

I did lol at the original post ^^

October 23, 2009 11:03:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting hughnibley,
CelMare, cry more?
Don't mind him. He's a bit of a troubled and angry software engineer who uses every single post to rant about things that upset him about Demigod .

October 23, 2009 11:17:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting hughnibley,
CelMare, cry more?

more ignorance?

you may be satisfied with the sitution. but why do you must make fun of one that is not? i payed the game like you and thus have the same right like you to complain or tell how satisfied i am.

you are tired of my disapointed posts? i am tired of your posts of ignorance. so what gives you the right to attack me personal?

same holds for spooky__. nice that you think to know "what" i am.

up to now no one ever could disproof the evidences of my and many others disapointments. i only see flame-like answers, and aswer just saying "they are doing a good job". you guys must have made realy bad experiences or none at all to call this a good job.

anyway, you don't have to agree but you don't have to get personal either. you do it cause you are sick of my posts? shall i do get personal because i got sick of your posts of ingorance? well, i understand you guys if even the CEO behaved like you, getting offensive due to complains in teh forum. if this is your level of education then continue with "cry more?" posts.

edit: don't you wonder why this game has so feew players? where they all only crying babys? all the people complaining for barely getting a game on are crying babies? even you spooky have found new bugs, how many persist since beta? how long are we waiting for a working ladder, stats etc? any announces to fix this? no, but improved singleplayer and modding tools we get. is this really something you guys are satisfied with? should this be normal behaviour?

i sound bitter? indeed. i started telling about problems, i got nothing. i continued, i got flames like you guys. time passed by, i hear about calimed improvements... time passes by, new problems, announcements about things we need the least. still wondering how a forum can get toxic? a ceo not alowing you to even complain?

yeah, that's a company you like to spend your money at.

October 23, 2009 11:24:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DEAR GOD ALL I ASK IS

1. PLEASE GIVE US A STORY LINE AND A GOOD ONE, NOT NO CHEESY OFF THE TOP OF THE HEAD ONE. MAYBE KEEP WORKING OFF WHAT WAS SAID IN THE INTRO OF THE GAME.

2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US SMARTER FREAKING AI TO FIGHT.

October 23, 2009 11:49:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting synnworld,
DEAR GOD ALL I ASK IS

1. PLEASE GIVE US A STORY LINE AND A GOOD ONE, NOT NO CHEESY OFF THE TOP OF THE HEAD ONE. MAYBE KEEP WORKING OFF WHAT WAS SAID IN THE INTRO OF THE GAME.

1-I think that actually the story is quite good. All demigods have their unique history while the background isn't needed to be too much complex for the purpose.

2-I sometimes play Demigod with friends in coop and to compensate the not-so-smart AI we usually play 2vs4 or 3vs5 and so on against nightmare AIs..I can assure they can put up an interesting fight at that point...

Lo

October 23, 2009 12:01:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LoTeK_83,

Quoting synnworld,
reply 83
DEAR GOD ALL I ASK IS

1-I think that actually the story is quite good. All demigods have their unique history while the background isn't needed to be too much complex for the purpose.

2-I sometimes play Demigod with friends in coop and to compensate the not-so-smart AI we usually play 2vs4 or 3vs5 and so on against nightmare AIs..I can assure they can put up an interesting fight at that point...

Lo

No the story line is beautiful, and so is the demigod’s back ground story but as I like to right stories myself, and any other writer should know how easily a good starting out story can ruin single player game play. To me it was the beautiful  art that made me pick up demigods, the  beautiful story made me wonder should I get it, and  seeing QoT sealed the deal (Ya sad I know .) Bah I want a story or a campaign to go with single player, no just some pointless battles. It gets repetitive and to me that can happen every, every fast.

Oh and give us different endings with each demigod please.

October 23, 2009 1:08:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,

Quoting hughnibley,
reply 79
CelMare, cry more?

more ignorance?

you may be satisfied with the sitution. but why do you must make fun of one that is not? i payed the game like you and thus have the same right like you to complain or tell how satisfied i am.

you are tired of my disapointed posts? i am tired of your posts of ignorance. so what gives you the right to attack me personal?

same holds for spooky__. nice that you think to know "what" i am.

up to now no one ever could disproof the evidences of my and many others disapointments. i only see flame-like answers, and aswer just saying "they are doing a good job". you guys must have made realy bad experiences or none at all to call this a good job.

anyway, you don't have to agree but you don't have to get personal either. you do it cause you are sick of my posts? shall i do get personal because i got sick of your posts of ingorance? well, i understand you guys if even the CEO behaved like you, getting offensive due to complains in teh forum. if this is your level of education then continue with "cry more?" posts.

edit: don't you wonder why this game has so feew players? where they all only crying babys? all the people complaining for barely getting a game on are crying babies? even you spooky have found new bugs, how many persist since beta? how long are we waiting for a working ladder, stats etc? any announces to fix this? no, but improved singleplayer and modding tools we get. is this really something you guys are satisfied with? should this be normal behaviour?

i sound bitter? indeed. i started telling about problems, i got nothing. i continued, i got flames like you guys. time passed by, i hear about calimed improvements... time passes by, new problems, announcements about things we need the least. still wondering how a forum can get toxic? a ceo not alowing you to even complain?

yeah, that's a company you like to spend your money at.

I'll tackle only a few of your myriad whines:

1) Right to attack you personally?  Sorry bud, I forgot to fill out the forms in triplicate, but regardless, you cry like a little girl whose knees have been freshly skinned in a tumble from her my little pony bike, complete with lavender training wheels and sparkly purple handlebar tassles.

2) Try posting something constructive as opposed to your incessant rants.  At the very least, 'I' should be capitalized.  In fact, in the English language, the first letter of every sentence is capitalized as well.  I understand the occassional typo, but you've raised this to epic proportions.  If by some freak accident all of human were obliterated and discovered by some alien civilization, in the distant future, and your posts were the only shreds of literature to be initially discovered, they would be unable to decipher any further discovered writings.  Think about the aliens and their xeno-archeological and xeno-anthropological efforts!  Please!

3) You obviously have had very little interaction with other game companies.  GPG and Stardock are fantastic and very communicative.  They've sadly become less communicative because of lamers, such as yourself. 

4) Please, quit crying.  Thank you!

October 23, 2009 1:17:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

even you spooky have found new bugs, how many persist since beta?
Sure, but I don't aggressively and offensively complain about them. I file bug reports by posting them on the forum, sending the report in to [email protected] and actively help the devs resolve issues.

All you do is complain and insult the developers, talking about how any "idiot" could have resolved this easily in no time, etc. etc. And that in almost every post of yours, no matter what the original topic is about.

October 23, 2009 2:02:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

even you spooky have found new bugs, how many persist since beta?Sure, but I don't aggressively and offensively complain about them. I file bug reports by posting them on the forum, sending the report in to [email protected] and actively help the devs resolve issues.

All you do is complain and insult the developers, talking about how any "idiot" could have resolved this easily in no time, etc. etc. And that in almost every post of yours, no matter what the original topic is about.

*Done in my best Michael Jackson Voice* Oh, you're just being ignorant!

October 23, 2009 2:11:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting hughnibley,

2) Try posting something constructive as opposed to your incessant rants.

it's so funny to read this from you, especially in this post. nothing more to say.

@spooky__:

i've done like you wihtout any results (remember my thread regardnig the database error? i also emailed without any answer or effect, and that's only one example).. how big should the patience of a customer be? how long should he bare ignorance?

remember when the sedna prists bug has been fixed? a simple type. remember how many posts have been writen related to that issue? du you remember who it got fixed, what they said? "what sedna priests bug?". you know yourself how many bugs of ths kind are still present.

other companies done worse support? i dont know any mp-rts game that still does not have a working ladder/stats, i don't know any mp-rts game that didn't hat automatching /teamed-matches systems on release . i never heared of major mp-problems being ingonred for so long time to add stuff for singleplayer that acutally is the least neaded thing.

i never saw the ceo insulting people in the forums for complaining about the situation.

yes, i started being quite aggressiv in my posts. my patience is over. being ingored, seeing how a great game goes into nirvane, barely getting a game together because people are sick of the ignorance, nothing changes.... yes this makes me aggressive.

but you guys may continue licking their balls while they do a shit to fix the most important thix and the community gets smaller and smaller. finally onyl the ball lickers remain to assure each other how great it all is.

wish you good taste!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: