This mod (version .24) is the latest revision of Peppe's AI Skirmish mod (http://forums.demigodthegame.com/369930). It further refines Peppe's excellent work by addressing a few outstanding issues. The mod is designed to make single-player skirmishes more challenging and enjoyable.
(This version of the mod incorporates some of miriyaka's code for checking team status and upgrades, which makes the gameplay more dynamic and "human like.")
Additional Features and Changes (v. 24)
-AI demigods upgrade citadel health (fortify structures upgrade) based on war rank and the percentage of health that the citadel has loss due to enemy attacks. AI demigods will buy trebuchets and Finger of God based on whether the enemy team has catapults or war rank of 9 or higher (creeps are still the highest priority).
-Teams start buying creeps at war rank 8 or when the enemy team reaches war rank 8. So even if a team has less than war rank 8, it will try to get priests and angels if the opposing team has achieved war rank 8.
-AI demigods will dynamically buy Armory and Blacksmith upgrades based on war rank, the creeps its team has, and the creeps that the enemy team has. By war rank 10, AI demigods will try to buy all Armory and Blacksmith upgrades.
-Tweaks to flagassets file that makes AI demigods more aggressive for portals after either the allied team or enemy team achieves war rank 8. Also, makes AI demigods fight for portals well after giants show up.
-AI demigods will now only buy capture locks after their team or the enemy team reaches war rank 7. At that point, capture locks become a high-priority consumable and are used for locking portals and the reinforcement (fortitude) flag.
-Teleport scrolls become a higher priority for AI demigods by war rank 7 (they are a high-priority consumable throughout the game).
-Added new hammer slam/tower spam build for AI Rook.
Known Issues (v .24):
- Occasionally starting Regulus, Oak, or Unclean Beast in the number 2 slot on either the Light or Dark team will result in the demigod not leaving the health crystal at the beginning of the game. I am not sure why this is, and it does not occur every game. The solution is simple: Don’t place any of these three demigods in the number 2 slot.
- On a few maps (like Cataract), AI demigods can be overly aggressive about going after portals in enemy territory. Generally, AI demigods are good about avoiding enemy towers and staying away from tower-protected portals.
- This mod is best played on Nightmare difficulty, with the Conquest win condition, and with 2v2 or larger teams. However, the AI improvements apply to other difficulties and win conditions. Unfortunately, the AI in the single-player tournament is unchanged.
Place the Skirmish_AI_v24 folder in your Mod folder in your Demigod game directory. This is usually found in C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\mods. After starting the game, go into the “Mods” option and enable the mod. Be sure to disable any previous version of this mod.
The core code of this mod belongs to a guy named Peppe, who apparently no longer frequents these forums. The Demigod modding community is in his debt for improving the AI of this game.
Get version .24 of the Skirmish Mod at: http://www.filefront.com/17277395/Skirmish_AI_v24.zip/. Download includes mod folder and readme.
.23 Changes: 8/16/2010
- Teleporting: AI demigods will no longer teleport very short distances. Demigods are likely to carry at least 1 teleport scroll, but a little less likely to carry more than 1. Generally, AI demigods teleport more intelligently.
- Flag Capturing: Greatly increased desire of AI demigods to capture and hold flags for warscore. Also, coded custom flag-capturing routine for most maps. AI demigods battle for flag control more and are more aggressive at capturing portals (and recapturing their own portals and other important flags).
- Tweaked AI builds for Rook and Regulus.
.22 Changes: 2/08/2010
Tweaks to new or changed items in 21. Should avoid flags protected by towers (more often).
.21 Changes: 2/07/2010
Custom actions created to teleport to towers and portals under attack by enemy Demigods.
When looking for flags to capture all Demigods consider all flags. Actions for flags nearest HQ, near to demigod, and portal flags.
Capture lock changed to only lock portals and valor flags under enemy threat.
.20 Changes: 2/03/2010
Rook arrow tower firing rate dropped and damage increased in attempt to improve the AI Rook retreating stutter-step issue.
.19 Changes: 1/25/2010
Mainly Stun/Interrupt Changes.
UB + Rook will save thier skill for interrupt or a low health target.
Sedna + Oak, will fire thier interrupt skills as long as they have mana and should stop using it once they reach low mana, but will fire if an interrupt opportunity presents itself.
Erebus, Will use charm mostly for interrupt, but if he can stun multiple demigods will fire it off.
Demon Assassin, Didn't test this, but should only shadow swap to interrupt may add additional conditions later.
Teleport and Large potions set back to require a safe distance from enemies to use.
.18 Changes: 12/15/2009
Sedna Heals earlier, @75%
QoT Casts shield earlier, @75%
Some flag cap changes.
.17 Changes: 12/14/2009
Sedna build changed.
Minor changes to survival goals.
Flag capture range extended.
.16 Changes: 12/13/2009 Mark II
Minor changes to Teleport distance check and consumable item priorities.
UB build changed to Ooze + Spit maxed by lvl 10.
Sedna Item priorities changed.