The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Minion Oak, the new build of every single match I'm in

By on July 19, 2010 1:32:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unless someone can convince me otherwise I'm not playing against oak unless it's a player below 35% or so.  There is no counter to his lame minion build that I've found.  He just throws up a few flags, collects spirits, and rapes your base.  The last game against a minion oak we were actively trying to prevent it from around level 4-5.  I upped tower offense and defense, we tried to kill creeps away from his flags ... it didn't matter.  Despite dominating the game otherwise our citadel fell to his spirits.  We had both of their portals and they'd never taken one of ours.  For the last half of the game our TB sat on our citadel trying to kill them as they came.

Another game I was oculus and I upped our building D and O almost to max and sat at the citadel using chain lightning and blast off to kill them.  The best I could do was freeze our citadel hp at around 15k and I had to stay there the rest of the game, effectively taking me out of the fight.

If Oculus can't prevent it I don't see how it's possible.  It's well past time Stardock fixed Oak's many ridiculous OP traits.

This wasn't a problem until recently because most people didn't realize it was possible.  Now everyone sees it and is imitating it. It's getting out of hand.

0 Karma | 79 Replies
August 9, 2010 6:56:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_DD-shred_demon,

Quoting OMG_pacov, reply 47
 I'm trying to think of who actually did spirit oak well... omicron?  maybe janook.... other than that, no one really comes to mind. 
Soccer_Mom and Wip

PeterDumpTruck can make it work when he isn't yelling at everyone.

August 9, 2010 11:21:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

none of those 3 exploited the issue that makes people hate minion oak.

The people who did the citadel rush were usually noname people from my experience.. not worth trying to remember a name, they couldn't do shit other than cit push minions.

August 11, 2010 3:15:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah the only people that played minion oak decently were/are Soccer, Peter, Janook, Omnicron.

August 15, 2010 10:12:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 4Nana,
none of those 3 exploited the issue that makes people hate minion oak.

The people who did the citadel rush were usually noname people from my experience.. not worth trying to remember a name, they couldn't do shit other than cit push minions.
hey! I have never rushed the cit with minions!

August 16, 2010 2:17:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no one said you did? ....

August 30, 2010 7:58:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Imo all increases to minions through skills/items and favor should only count when the commander is near. So all increases are like an aura around the commander. (makes more sense when you think about it too)

August 31, 2010 8:41:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 4Nana,
no one said you did? ....
you said no named players that do it, and I'm a no name player!

Quoting Dundoon,
Imo all increases to minions through skills/items and favor should only count when the commander is near. So all increases are like an aura around the commander. (makes more sense when you think about it too)
So basically all increases should only work when a commander is in rush and rape distance for none minion characters; ub, rook, and so on?

September 1, 2010 2:21:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_blackmage,

So basically all increases should only work when a commander is in rush and rape distance for none minion characters; ub, rook, and so on?

Yes, will make it harder to go full minion items like they do now. Its not like you can go full damage items with any of the assassin classes without risking death.

September 1, 2010 9:01:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dundoon,

Quoting OMG_blackmage, reply 57

Yes, will make it harder to go full minion items like they do now. Its not like you can go full damage items with any of the assassin classes without risking death.

And ignore the fact that minions can't kill hp stacked characters which is something 3/4 of the people do? Ignore the fact just uping your armor weakens minion damage greatly? Ignore the damn fact that generals aready aren't being played like damn generals, but just freaking assassins that have little pets to heal them? That is not balance what you want is a easier kill. Players that work on the minions already giving up their own damage, hp , and stats to  improve their minions. Now you want them to just become completely killable to the point people would never use minions again.

September 1, 2010 2:08:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes. I hate minions. That is a wonderful idea.

September 1, 2010 2:08:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you're acting like minion players suck unless they go straight for the citadel.  That's just not true.  The one's that sucked before still suck, but there were some good minion players that didn't rely on cheese tactics to win.

September 1, 2010 2:14:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At this point, just give everyone store bought minions.

"But what about UB with priests! SO OP!"

Stfu. He always has one there anyone. This just eliminated the annoying need to HAVE to have a general to have a decent team and avoid the stupid macro of moving priests around.

Hell, it doesn't really matter much more these days anyway.

September 1, 2010 3:41:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[quote who="4Nana" reply="61" id="2750767"]you're acting like minion players suck unless they go straight for the citadel.  That's just not true.  The one's because I am referring to no such thing.

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
Yes. I hate minions. That is a wonderful idea.

And I have an idea about generals being played like actual generals, but all our ideas won't com true.

September 1, 2010 10:14:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
At this point, just give everyone store bought minions.

"But what about UB with priests! SO OP!"

Stfu. He always has one there anyone. This just eliminated the annoying need to HAVE to have a general to have a decent team and avoid the stupid macro of moving priests around.

Hell, it doesn't really matter much more these days anyway.

Honestly, knowing the typical selfish UB player, he wouldn't buy them anyway, and he would make you buy them

September 1, 2010 10:17:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hahahahaha

Edit: Soccer totally would pull that.

"But I'm UB, I shouldn't have to buy priests"

September 2, 2010 10:42:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
hahahahaha

Edit: Soccer totally would pull that.

"But I'm UB, I shouldn't have to buy priests"

synns response; then don't bitch because you aren't getting mine.

September 2, 2010 2:28:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_blackmage,

"then don't bitch when I don't come easily save you from trouble and instead farm away on my side of the map and watch you die"

September 2, 2010 3:04:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 4Nana,

Quoting OMG_blackmage, reply 66

"then don't bitch when I don't come easily save you from trouble and instead farm away on my side of the map and watch you die"
If you expect to get my monk, when you could have bought your own then you are an idiot. try to warp what I say any way you want it.

September 2, 2010 3:11:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're taking this way too seriously, lol.

September 2, 2010 3:35:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
You're taking this way too seriously, lol.
LIES! I'm just enjoying myself I've been stuck at this university for 3 hours waiting for the RnR to get back, I am losing precious drawing time. Iwas going to go around to different places today and draw people.

Edit I got this dragon reference sheet put together and now I am tired of waiting, so i am going to head out, later.

September 2, 2010 8:56:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_blackmage,

Quoting 4Nana, reply 67

"then don't bitch when I don't come easily save you from trouble and instead farm away on my side of the map and watch you die"If you expect to get my monk, when you could have bought your own then you are an idiot. try to warp what I say any way you want it.

if you buy monks and don't split them, that's just bad.

Even as the game is now, splitting monks is vital even in a 2v2 with 2 generals.  One buys monks, the other gets items then gets clerics.  It's so ridiculously better than both getting monks or just 1 getting monks but not splitting.  

September 2, 2010 10:32:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 4Nana,

Quoting OMG_blackmage, reply 68
Quoting 4Nana, reply 67

"then don't bitch when I don't come easily save you from trouble and instead farm away on my side of the map and watch you die"If you expect to get my monk, when you could have bought your own then you are an idiot. try to warp what I say any way you want it.

Even as the game is now, splitting monks is vital even in a 2v2 with 2 generals.  One buys monks, the other gets items then gets clerics.  It's so ridiculously better than both getting monks or just 1 getting monks but not splitting.  

The damn game is nearly dead, I learned this yesterday. I don't split my monks when I see that all I'm doing is wasting time, thats the bottom line. Not every one takes advantage of when a general splits his monk up like they use too.

September 3, 2010 1:43:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I almost agree with you Synn... last time I tried playing and had to play a general, my teamate on the mana side kept running back to the crystal over and over leaving my monk lonely, hanging out by a soon to be missing tower.

Out of the few people who still play, seems like a lot of them don't realize that you heal back up just as quick with a monk while collecting xp at the tower as you do running back to the crystal after being in your lane for whole 3 seconds.

September 3, 2010 3:51:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they need to spend their 600 gold to buy Footman's Scabbords

September 3, 2010 7:54:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_blackmage,

Quoting 4Nana, reply 71
Quoting OMG_blackmage, reply 68
Quoting 4Nana, reply 67

The damn game is nearly dead, I learned this yesterday. I don't split my monks when I see that all I'm doing is wasting time, thats the bottom line. Not every one takes advantage of when a general splits his monk up like they use too.

LOL, just admit it, you don't have the skill to split your monks.

j/k

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000454   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.