The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

King Arachne

The crypts are no longer empty...

By on March 10, 2010 12:26:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UncleanBeast

Join Date 07/2009
+11

Hello, I'm back with my newest Demigod concept. I must admit, my last one, the iron knight, was a little rusty and underthought, but it was a good refresher. I played some matches, and then had a great idea for a support Demigod that the game desperately needs. My new idea is King Arachne, a massive crab-like spider fiend, with many deadly powers. He is decieving to most, as he is not as fearsome as his look might portray him to be. He has many support powers, and can be anyone's worst nightmare in combinations with other Demigods. Enjoy my latest!

Full Name: Carsinus Arachne (I actually went in depth here, these two names are the first name of the crab and spider's scientific classification!)

Origions: In dark, secret underground world, a deep society had been living for many thousands of years. Within this society, two seperate races thrived. Crabarians, and the Spideria. These two races had been in engaged in fiece diplomacies for years, and when a war finally struck, terrible things happened. A wise seer saw what was to become of his people, and he devised a way to carry on the races in one body. After many long years, a divine gift came, which was what was to become King Carsinus Arachne. King Arachne was raised in the undergrowth of his home, but neve arose to the surface, until a divine calling came. This calling summoned him to finally become what he was worthy of. (Btw , this is not his background, although this does outline his history.)

Backstory: What was believed to be a wonderous divine gift, was brought into a damp and dark brooding world, confused and clearly disorientated. The creature stared at its surrondings, while it whelped and cried. It had been through a tough time on its long and painful journey to a mortal realm, where its suffering was nearly assured. The elder of the Crabarians had brought this amazing gift under his wise wing, as he saw the brutal demise of his and the Spideria kind. A cataclysmic war was on the brink of striking, and the elder knew his duty well. Years of hard training had passed, even after the war had broke out, and suffering ensued. The elder and his newfound child had mostly kept away from the terrible conflict that raged below, but they were not always capable of avoiding. Still, the elder taught the young creature of the ways of both races, and chose to keep their differences and negitives out, and only teach him the best of both worlds. The elder had to also teach him to use his powerful natural abilities. He had a web spit, was capable of burrowing, and could even leak an odd residue. His emotions and savage intellegence played into how his unique powers came out, which shaped him further. But, even after his elder passed on, he could not find his roots or peace. He did not feel at home on a wretched mortal world, he longed for the divine. He rose to the surface occasionally, but ultimately salvaged and brought both races back from the dead (nearlly). He did not feel gratified for his deeds heroism, he just felt empty, despite his actions that should have satisfied him. The king was an important role in the continuation of a new race, after his root races died out. He led his own race to glory, fighitng brutal battles in the underground with the other odd inhabitants. It was only after his divine calling, that he felt satisfaction begin to creep in...

Alignment: Light

Class: Assassin

Taunts: (An old and wise voice, with a rasping backdrop and deep tone.)

When engaging an enemy

1. " Your species is a kindling for my strenght"

2. " I have no respect for you way of life, your diplomacies are a an abomination. You will die."

3. "Think of what you've done, but next time, consider the consequences."

When issued a move order

1. "So, a diplomacy lies?"

2. "I go forth, representing my species."

3. "You are a well-accounted diplomat."

When King Arachne dies

1." Clearly diplomacy is no anwswer to this..."

When King Arachne is reborn

1. "I return, but this time I reconsider my actions."

Stats

Health: 1650

Mana 850

Armor: 450

Weapon Damage: 125-145

Attack Speed: 1.39

Move Speed: 6.0

Strenghts: Has many varied support abilities, Cripples and disrupts enemies effectively

Weaknesses: Lacks overall offensive power, Mana Dependant

Abilities (Activated)

1. Web of Lies: 350/550/750/950 Mana, .3 CT, 10 CD: Arachne uses his arachnid abilities, and forms a massive glob of thick sticky webbing, and spits at target enemy (range is ruffly that of fireball). This webbing slows enemies down by 30/40/50/60% percent while it remains on them. Enemies also have reduced armor of 300/400/500/600. He may use this ability on allies, to give them immunity to negative spells for 2/4/6/8 seconds. This effect lasts for 10 seconds.

2. Discordnant Lunge: 400/600/800/1000 Mana, .2 CT, 6 CD: Arachne lunges at target enemy up to 10 yards away, dealing 150/300/450/600 damage on impact and inturrupting abilities.

3. Diplomat's Influence: 100/200/300/400 MPS (Mana per second), .1 CT, 8 CD: Arachne protrudes a sticky light green liquid from his crab spores, that leeks to the ground where he steps. This acidic solution will deal 15/30/45/60 DPS to emenies who walk on it, and will move 10/20/30/40% slower. Allies who walk upon it will gain + 30/60/90/120 HPS. Arachne may not move or use other abilities or items while this is active.

4. Burrow of Recoil: 350/700/1150 Mana, .5 CT, 25 C: Arachne burrows deep into the confines of the earth, causing enemies attacks to have 15/30/45% of their damage reflected back upon them (unmigitated damage only) but now allowing him to move or attack. He may not use items or abilities while this is active either. Allies nearby gain + 15/30/45% Health/Mana regen. This lasts 5/8/11 seconds. He may capture flags while this is active, but will capture them 50/35/20% slower. Allies may use him to teleport in while he is burrowed.

Final Abilities (Abilities final level, which adds new effects)

1. Web of Security: Allies gain + 25% HP/MP regen while they are affected by the web of lies.

2. Fierce Implacations: When Arachne lunges, and inturrupts an enemies ability, that abilities CD is increased by 25%.

3. Unearthly Arguements: Allies dodge chance and critical hit chance (2x) is increased by 15% while they stand upon the Diplomat's Influence.

Passive Abilities

1. Diplomatic Immunity: Whenever an ajacent ally struck for an attack that is above 5% of their total health, that ally will be sheilded from 600/800/1000 damage for 6/8/10 seconds. Their move speed will be increased by 10/15/20%.

2. Interrogation: With each of Arachne's strikes, he gains a further advantage on them, stealing 50/100/150 mana per hit.

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 12, 2010 12:34:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have his story and passives now!

March 12, 2010 2:27:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Web of Lies: 350/550/750/950 Mana, .3 CT, 10 CD: Arachne uses his arachnid abilities, and forms a massive glob of thick sticky webbing, and spits at target enemy (range is ruffly that of fireball). This webbing slows enemies down by 30/40/50/60% percent while it remains on them. Enemies also have reduced armor of 300/400/500/600. He may use this on allies, giving them + 250/350/450/550 armor. This effect lasts for 10 seconds.

I do like the debuffs and this has a lot of utility (esp when combined with Lunge). The friendly buff is competely useless however. Howabout you prevent all spell damage to all friendlies within 5 yards of the target (which is a nice counter to Occulus). It would be sorta like a Silence except you could use your spells ... they just would do nothing (except apply debuffs until level 15). Using this to save an ally being chased by one very strong opponent by snaring them or saving an ally from a gank would make it quite useful.

Also, could you use it on yourself?

2. Discordnant Lunge: 400/600/800/1000 Mana, .2 CT, 12 CD: Arachne lunges at target enemy up to 10 yards away, dealing 150/300/450/600 damage on impact and inturrupting abilities.

Warp Strike combined with Pentitence. Mana cost is prohibitive. Either decrease the cooldown so that if you spam it you oom yourself too fast (consider it a "soft cooldown" in that they can only use it so many times) or reduce the mana cost.

Since you can only use it on enemies and the range isn't that great, it's far inferior for mobility compared to Warp Strike (which eventually increases up to 20 yards or so)

3. Diplomat's Influence: 50/100/150/200 MPS (Mana per second), .1 CT, 8 CD: Arachne protrudes a sticky light green liquid from his crab spores, that leeks to the ground where he steps. This acidic solution will deal 60/120/180/240 DPS to emenies who walk on it, and will lose 25/50/75/100 MPS. Allies who walk upon it will gain + 30/60/90/120 HPS.

It's like an Ooze that does not only way more damage, but also heals him instead of hurt (I do realize that this is sort of a variation on Fire Circle). And it costs less mana per second than mist. And mana-drains. Extremely overpowered. Even more so if he can move and use skills while he is doing this like Ooze. You can also do this for 17 seconds level 1 which is 1020 AoE damage, 425 mana drain (which is an ability) and also a 510 heal. This ability would hold flags like a boss and also great for creeping.

Possible ways to balance it: Make it so that he cannot move or attack while channeling. Make him take 2 times more damage from all attacks while channeling it. Make it interruptable.

Obviously don't do all three, those are just some ways.

4. Burrow of Recoil: 350/700/1150 Mana, .5 CT, 25 C: Arachne burrows deep into the confines of the earth, giving him + 500/1000/1500 armor, + 60/120/180 HPS and MPS, but now allowing him to move or attack. He may not use items or abilities while this is active either. Allies nearby gain + 15/30/45% Health/Mana regen. This lasts 5/8/11 seconds.

I'm assuming he can hold flags. Getting two points in this means that he can use this abilitiy to GAIN mana (with Vlemish and the +15% mana regen aura he would also gain mana with just one point), which is pretty powerful right there. I feel like the /intention/ of this ability is to be a "stall" tactic for an ally to port in.

Instead of the massive HPS and MPS (keep the aura, it's pretty useful) why don't you make him reflect all damage UMITIGATED taken to his aggressor? This would enable him to pretty effective at stalling for a flag for a port. What I mean with unmitigated is this:

Demigod A comes over to contest the flags, and does a spell dealing 600 damage and then attacks the guy in his shell with 800 weapon damage, but this demigod has 50% reduction (armor increase buff), so he only takes only 400 damage. However, the aggressor takes a full 1400 damage.

This would basically mean that this guy could stand on a flag against any single demigod with as much hp as he does. It's also great for 1v1 when he runs low on hp (he has 800, the other guy has 1000. He does this and now the other guy can't kill him without killing himself). Another alternative is reflecting a % of the damage, like 200%.

Final abilities are cool and also useful (if not particularily unique), nothing to say there

Like both the passives, they seem quite powerful without being crazy good. The 5% might need tweaking, it's hard to tell if that is underpowered or overpowered

March 12, 2010 11:53:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, awuff, thank you. You gave me a very in-depth reply, and your the first to reply, both make me very happy. I see now that i do need to fix some things, and I have great ideas to fix them all. My intentions for my web, will be to replicate what you said. Spell Immunity is an awsome idea, and thanks for that one. For my variation of ooze, I also see that is it very OP. I have a basic fix for it; Enemies will be slowed while walking on it, and have minor HP/MP regen loss. It will really drain his mana though. He could use this ability now in conjunction with burrow, so he could hide underground, and slow enemies, weakening enemies. I prefer to keep the ally heal effect though, I think that is what makes the ability so unique. I wil make it so he cannot move while his influence is active. His lunge will have a lower CD, and that should fix that ability right away. I love the reflection idea! That is brilliant, and I'll be sure to apply that. Once again, thank you so much, this means a lot! I'll have these updates asap!

March 13, 2010 6:18:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hi UncleanBeast, you should read this.

March 14, 2010 1:34:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Vita! Its been a while, and yeah, I doubt that any of my concepts will be added to the game, simply because they are not recieving too much attention. If we could somehow get one of these concepts to have at least 30 replies, then we could really start getting some attention. GPG and Stardock won't really notice these posts simply because they are not what people are primarily taking about. Nevertheless, I continue to make these ideas.

March 15, 2010 11:25:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

have you checked my list? the newest demigod? Draco? What did you think of it?

March 15, 2010 8:47:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just checked out Draco. In my opinion, like most of your demigod concepts, he is well made, and very artistic and abstract in design, but suffers from some odd OP abilities. Such as his metoer ability; While I see that you are trying to introduce new and interesting ideas (and you are), some of them aren't in the game for a reason. 2k damage is huge, not to mention it has an aoe effect. His devour ability daunted me too. So, whenever he eats and enemy, he gains permanent health? By late game, you could easily have about 20k health, which as you can see, is a problem. I'm not saying that your ideas suck, because they don't, but they do often stray a little too far from Demigod's formula. Keep to the regular format of 4 activated abilities (if your demi doesn't have modes). Each of those abilities, except for one, should have many levels  (up to 5) Be sure to also include passive abilities.

March 17, 2010 4:38:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thnkx, I'll be sure to fix it this saturday! and here you go:

Concept:

* * * * " [four stars out of five stars]

- Is your demigod original? yes

[you're not coping or editing anyone else's work]

- Does our demigod have a story that ties in to the games mythology? no

[try to get a story that some how ties in with The Progenitor or his children]

- Does your demigod have abilties/stats that ties in to his/her story? yes

[The abilities match their character and the stats match as well]

- Does you demigod have a creative desing? yes

[I liked the visual concept of it, extremely original, unique idea of a spider king!]

- Is your demigod appropriate for the game? yes

[it definatly not a JKdemi]

Balance:

* * * * * [five stars out of five stars]

- Does your demigod's stats provide fair advantages to weak abilities? yes

[Unique idea of with the burrow and web of lies abilities]

- Does your demigod's stats provide fair disadvantages to strong abilities? yes

[great addition of HPS in the diplomatical influence ability!]

- Does the abilities have well distributed mana cost? yes

[Their mana cost provide a good limit to anything that might cause the demigod to be over powered]

- Does the abilties have well distributed cooldown time and casting time? yes

[well balanced, mana cost might run slightly high, but he seems to be mana based by nature instead of melee, so it's fine.]

- Does the lasting time and stackability of abilties cause any distortions to the character's balance in combat? no

[well balanced!]

Total of 4.5/5 Stars >> ranked:   bad, ok, good, great, signed

March 17, 2010 8:11:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for that review Vita! So I have the actual character down, but just need some more backstory that ties into the game, ill be sure to fix that!

August 25, 2010 9:17:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll! so this guy is like a spider/crab/human?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: