The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Please assist me!

By on January 23, 2010 3:15:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A long time ago, for reasons I can't remember,

Lots of people were making concept ideas for new characters to be introduced to demigod. Now, I don't really see that happening...

If someone could answer the following:

-Are we adding any new characters in the future? if yes, will they still be free? If no, can we still incorporate this characters in the game through modding, although it will be back breaking effort?

-I have a list of concepts that I made:

please click here >>>  []

is it worth anything? (not money, but Im asking if there is anything that it can be used for in demigod...)

-I feel that I have been wasting my time making these concepts, I liked the game so much, and I had such fun ideas for adding new characters, but it seems that modding is this game's new frontier, so if my ideas wont be added to the game like Occulous and DA, then can someone help me turning them into mods?

Thank you for your time, and sorry if I have bothered you in any way. I will be in deep gratitude for any expressions of empathy.

~Nova

+8 Karma | 2 Replies
January 23, 2010 4:44:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Adding demigods to the game, at this point, requires replacing one of the current demigods. Stardock and GPG are awaiting a sign from the community that it is both willing to spend money to enhance Demigods and to have a attitude that would encourage GPG & Stardock to support further development. The best way for this to happen is for people to create useful mods. Given the tremendous number of ideas alread posted for new demigods, it is doubtful that any new ideas will contribute much. However, making your own demigod would be possible, you'll just need to work at it. The largest problem is that demigod uses 3D models in the granny file format, which is not available for freeware or has an easy conversion method.

The best way to start working on your own demigod is to start modding. Read the threads, all of them. Download mods, see how they do things, take notes, etc. It is a large amount of work, but that's what you would have to do.

January 23, 2010 5:02:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for your assistance, Ptarth! You are very kind and helpful!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.