The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Best way to balance super OPed UB

By on February 27, 2010 4:36:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No grasp

period.

Let me see replies how convincible you guys are.

I can argue

+1 Karma | 52 Replies
March 3, 2010 9:34:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that's what queen said

March 3, 2010 9:39:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Queen sucks btw

Just use it for 1v1 super minion build

March 5, 2010 12:40:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Heros_Master,
Queen sucks btw

Just use it for 1v1 super minion build

You can stop posting now.

March 5, 2010 12:54:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

imo lower his base speed to da speed and spit damage generally around 100 and lvl 15 to 300 aoe dmg. and either lower ooze damage or the percentage it slows enemies attacks.

March 5, 2010 12:55:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I vote for a removal of UB. Period.

If you play him, you should be shot. Multiple times. In the genitals.

March 5, 2010 1:03:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

Remove everyone but queen of thorns.

March 5, 2010 5:24:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

March 15, 2010 3:37:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think Teseer is just mad because TB would own every game if there was not a UB.

March 15, 2010 3:49:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And I do damn good even with one, tyvm

March 15, 2010 3:53:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Remove all the characters. Make the whole game about citadel upgrades and joint unit micro

P.S. - This is an awesome concept for a game

March 15, 2010 4:29:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Quoting Epiphenomenon, reply 21I will give up Ooze if you give up Shamblers.Ok I give up shambler and you give up both spit and ooze, DEAL!

I think we all know that Queen doesn't spit!

my 2 cents

j

March 15, 2010 5:38:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In Starcraft she does! Did I detect a hidden spit/swallow joke?

March 16, 2010 9:17:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Barely visible smut!

March 17, 2010 4:47:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,

In Starcraft she does! Did I detect a hidden spit/swallow joke?

Hey split lets get a game going, I'll be rook!

July 8, 2010 8:03:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB can be balanced easily, a Rook can crush him, set up a couple tower if beast runs in boulder roll, slam, if he still stays then pop a sigil or get a teammate to teleport in..... and Rook and oak can have a bigger or an even late game impact.

July 14, 2010 12:13:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Beast's grasp could be easily balanced if it counted as a stun like Rook's boulder roll or Erebus's charm.  The reason grasp is so freakin overpowered is because you can stun chain someone for five or six seconds.  If you try and grasp someone that has stun immunity, tough cookies, you need to wait.

Grasp stun time should be reduced at low levels and increased at high levels.  There should be a reason to sink points into a higher level grasp. 

Grasp should not be cancelable.

Grasp should never interrupt.  If you've cast an ability and you are grasped in the middle of it, the casting should continue at the point it was at the time you were grasped when you are released.

Ta-da

July 14, 2010 2:01:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm in love with PBS's avatar.  I just wanted everyone to know.

July 15, 2010 1:17:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

She looks like a trashy white bitch, Jon. I mean, the whole boobs in a belt thing is cool and everything, but she looks like an old hag.

July 15, 2010 2:06:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Splitshadow,

Remove all the characters. Make the whole game about citadel upgrades and joint unit micro

warcraft / starcraft / command and conquer / age of empires / etc ?

July 15, 2010 9:00:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 4Nana,

Quoting OMG_Splitshadow, reply 35

warcraft / starcraft / command and conquer / age of empires / etc ?

Those games don't exist!

July 15, 2010 10:39:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Epiphenomenon,
She looks like a trashy white bitch, Jon. I mean, the whole boobs in a belt thing is cool and everything, but she looks like an old hag.

Im confused, you looked at her face?

July 15, 2010 11:32:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Jongalt26,

Quoting OMG_Epiphenomenon, reply 43She looks like a trashy white bitch, Jon. I mean, the whole boobs in a belt thing is cool and everything, but she looks like an old hag.
Im confused, you looked at her face?

isn't that the first thing every guy checks when they can't see below the waist?

August 13, 2010 10:17:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SaulTigh,
Beast's grasp could be easily balanced if it counted as a stun like Rook's boulder roll or Erebus's charm.  The reason grasp is so freakin overpowered is because you can stun chain someone for five or six seconds.  If you try and grasp someone that has stun immunity, tough cookies, you need to wait.

Grasp should not be cancelable.

Ta-da

Didn't see this.

Grasp must be cancelable, it is the only workable way to use Bestial Wrath. eg: Grasp -> Cancel Roar -> Begin attack as stun is done.

Chain stun is bad, agreed.

UB wakness: UB doesn't have an escape move, sure he beats everyone if you trap them in the Spit / Ooze -> Attack -> Grasp -> Spit pattern, but he is pretty easy to gank too.

When you are at the level where you can compensate for UB's lack of an escape plan to avoid dying alot, you also know Sedna and Rook can take you until you get acclimation, and Oak will mess you up if he Pens a spit.

So, I'd say UB is fine except for the stun chain which is cheating the game mechanics, especially if you get 2+ UBs in a game. There was a random 3vs3 I was in recently. 3 UBs vs 3 QoTs. Lol, as soon as level 5 rolled around, I was focused grasped 3 times in a row. That is hilarious only once.

August 13, 2010 11:12:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If Grasp is broken, his target should become unstunned. The code is actually there in the ability, it just doesn't trigger, for some reason (lol demigod, nothing works). 

UB needs:

- to have his extra +.5 speed moved into Inner Beast instead of starting it (eg, instead of 3/7/10 how it is now, make it 5/10/15) 

- Spit either needs an 8 second cooldown or halve Spit's range. Having the range makes Rook an even better counter than he is now, allowing a good Rook to completely shut down an enemy beast. An 8 second cooldown actually makes him "kiteable" because an enemy TB could use an ability, get span on, it comes off of cooldown, use it again, before spat ran off of cooldown

- Remove or halve the -% attack debuff from Ooze. 

- Grasp canceles the stun when UB breaks it

That would fix him a lot. UB is almost always the strongest demigod on every map, game mode, and player-count. If he isn't the strongest he is the second or third. 4v4 Levi? Check. 2v2 Prison? Check. And so on. It's stupid. I think all demigods should be brought up to UB's caliber (rather than nerfing him down to everyone else). OF course, Bestial Wrath and stuff could be buffed (: 

Yes, UB does need his natural speed as an escape mechanism since he lacks any other one BUT he doesn't need it level one! You don't get ganked level 1. Lacking a good escape mechanism is hardly a "weakness" since it punishes overextending (and a foolproof escape mechanism rewards overextending: see Shield-Port, or Batswarm-Mist-Bite-Batswarm)

August 13, 2010 11:15:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been screaming to half the range of spit forever!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000562   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.