The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

+47 Karma | 627 Replies
February 7, 2010 3:41:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What UI mods do you have? Something is conflicting

None, I haven't even got any left in the mod folder....

February 7, 2010 4:25:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

What UI mods do you have? Something is conflicting

None, I haven't even got any left in the mod folder....

Try deleting it then. Redownload and install it. The mod works fine, so something went wrong somewhere.

February 9, 2010 8:13:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Zechio is right, you must have got a corrupt version. try dwnloading it again .

Hey guys working on this again, just did 28 hours work in 2 days .

Anway i will update this as i work on it throughout tonight.

So far:

Fixed the tower problem, rook can now have all 8 towers with any of the new towers (checked all of them following the fix ).

Hellfires have been fixed i have can have 10 eb minions + 2 minos priests and archers + 6 hellfires.

Ui mods have been removed

Skirmish AI updated to latest version (leaving this in atm)

Ok now fixed all levels of babylon golem for range, selection size and life bar position. In the process of  balancing damage and health per rank.

I cant seem to replicate the hammer slam bug. What happens? does golem hang with his arm up in the air or is it when he hits the ground. Or is it that he just doesnt start to attack again following hammer?

February 9, 2010 11:17:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ui mods have been removed

Thank you. Its more of a personal preference.
Skirmish AI updated to latest version (leaving this in atm)
I would want this to be removed as well, just because they don't belong to the same category.

February 9, 2010 11:34:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would want this to be removed as well, just because they don't belong to the same category.

yes i know but skirmish ai lets me test against current metagame builds. Also it provides for a much better partner AI, and so is good for RQ and drop outs (usually i get about 2:1 games where i someone leaves and one team is stuck with AI). Also i am probably going to add new AI that pick favour items as well.

Edit: also i think i fixed the hammer slam bug. I was finally able to replicate it, made some code changes and it seems to be fixed. Have further balanced Golem.

Golem:

3 Stages of golem

Clay/Babylon/Titan

Damage 100/150/200

Health 1400/2000/2600

All have radius 15 6% lifesteal aura

Hammerslam ability:

Babylon Golem - No knock Back

300 Damage

200 Splash

Babylon Titan

Knocks Back Small Units

50 Damage

600 Splash

February 11, 2010 5:05:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This favor mod still needs an item called "Eye of the Tiger." What should it do? I really don't care, as long as it's in there. 

(evasion/health/armor would be the most logical though)

February 11, 2010 7:22:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eye of the Tiger: cast on target, Target is paralyzed and cannot cast a skill, target is suck towards the casting DG and cannot move in other directions. durating 6 sec, cooldown 30 sec.

February 11, 2010 7:45:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That would be ridiculously OP lol... 

Also, how about an item called Orb of Confusion that instantly causes the enemy Demigod to walk towards/target a random enemy/structure? It would be counterable yet give you an extra 0.1-2 seconds while chasing. It should be instant cast and have about 40 sec cooldown.

February 14, 2010 8:39:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wondering but whens the next version due out?

February 15, 2010 1:52:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry guys been working ALOT the last week and valentines day killed the weekend lol. I will try to get it out by the end of the week .

I still have to do (if anyone wants to help with any of these pls let me know!

Tooltips and icons. These take me FOREVER, as the tooltips need to be autoupdating and i need new icons for all my new items (i think there are around 10 new items atm)

I am still mucking around with creating inventory slot items. Trying to work out what balance should be for prices. if you have any recommendations for prices in shop for items in 1.8 beta (ie 1.8.6) pls post

Also i am playing around with tower health/# towers balance.

few of the more minor bug fixes from beta that i found

February 15, 2010 4:03:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I say ignore inventory items for now and release a new version with favor items only now.  Give us some time to submit feedback based on items

edit- oh - and if there is somethign I can do to help, let me know.  I could donate about 1 hour a week to this.

February 16, 2010 4:01:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey pacov and anyone else who would like to contribute. (btw it is awesome that your interested in helping!)

If you are any good with photoshop, the biggest help to me would to make some new icons for favour items. I am not great with photoshop, and so it took me a good 25+ hours to do the ones i have added in (cause i dont use it much it takes me ages to find where all the filters etc are ). I still havent got started on the ones for the new items.

There is a tutorial for it here:

[TUTORIAL] DDS Image Files

By Posted November 21, 2009 10:53:06 AM

Also havent fixed tooltips. Now this is rather monotonous so i wouldnt recomend it but it would be an awesome help lol. Just change the code in achivement items and i will copy paste into the current file (achivement_items.lua i think).

Also anyone is welcome to make new items. If you guys would like a tutorial for some of the items post up (for example you might want to know how to only allow different targets; like structures, demigods, creeps, flags; with teleport code) and i will write one out , i am also willing to answer any questions regarding item creation if anyone needs help with code.

February 17, 2010 1:59:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey guys, got 1 more icon to do then i am up to the tooltips.

Note previous post:

If anyone is interested in the photoshop side of making icons, they could release an icon pack or even individual icons. I could then adjust new (or even old if they match up to a current mod item really well) item names to match icons

February 17, 2010 4:01:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If anyone is interested in the photoshop side of making icons, they could release an icon pack or even individual icons. I could then adjust new (or even old if they match up to a current mod item really well) item names to match icons

That sounds good... but I can't really help with photoshop.

February 18, 2010 4:57:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thats cool. Feel free to use my tutorial to create some new items then . Or bug/balance testing my mod would be of great help 2, especially since your able to get games going so readily lol.

February 19, 2010 5:24:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Finishing up tooltips. Should be released tomorrow.

February 19, 2010 8:18:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exxcentric,
Finishing up tooltips. Should be released tomorrow.

Awesome I'll have to come back from sins for a bit ^.~

February 20, 2010 10:19:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sins = Sins of a solar empire? I love to modd on there, have been modding mods lol

February 20, 2010 12:23:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should be released tomorrow.

oooooooo

February 21, 2010 5:49:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Been doing bug testing nearly all day lol. Made a few more tweaks and fixes. Balancing was required for rook and hellfires. Also balanced towers against ai but as they dont handle the towers very well. The changelog for this patch is huge lol, nearly the size of the previous version all over again lol

February 21, 2010 8:39:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woot, All done. Uploading now.

I will post the update tonight, but the patch notes will have to wait till tomorrow.

note when installing V1.8:

---- PLEASE DELETE THE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING, OVERWRITING IT WILL CAUSE CONFLICTS ----

Sorry for the caps but i wanted it to be clear lol.

Have Fun everyone. And remember to post bugs you find .

Cheers Exx.

February 21, 2010 9:55:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for all your hard work! If I may make a request, could you switch from Rapidsh1t to perhaps Mediafire? The wait is annoying and ~75% of the time it won't let you download the file because it lies about the server being busy to try to take your money  

I'm off to do some 1v1 matches and find all the bugs.

February 21, 2010 10:26:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First Game: 2 way mirror

This is really going to annoy characters like TB, Rook, and Oculus. You can warp next to them, fight for a few seconds, then warp back out of their AoE attacks. The mirror worked like a charm, no bugs detected. I tried a few weird things just to make sure yet it worked the whole time.

Is the AI mod still included? My opponent (AI oculus) would randomly teleport while still at near full health and go for portals waaay too early, then freeze inbetween the towers and die. On a good note, the AI did use sigils properly.

February 21, 2010 10:54:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for putting up a new download rapidshare never works for me >.< anyway going to play now.

February 21, 2010 10:59:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Game 2:  Vortex Tower

TB opponent walks directly to the experience flag, fights for 3 seconds, and teleports away.

I tried placing a third vortex tower on a flag, and it took my mana, went to cooldown, but the tower didn't appear.

Interesting note: If you place a vortex tower, your enemies can use it like the two way mirror to push your tower so that they get pulled back after taking damage. It also prevents them from chasing you.

If you place your tower near a corner, it doesn't work at all.

I think I've found a major bug. After placing 3, it won't let you place any more towers. Not just 3 at a time, if you place three over the course of the game and they are destroyed, the game won't let you place any more.

I'm not sure why, but I sort of lost the ability to summon about half of the time. My demolishers won't show up, nor would my monks. After trying to summon them about 3 times, it worked again.

I finally got my opponent to destroy my last vortex tower, and it still wouldn't let me make more.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.