[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric

Join Date 07/2009
+47

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

http://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

Locked Post 634 Replies +8
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 2, 2010 3:04:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

From previous Page:

I read somewhere about an idea that an item would give you a long range warp i.e. half of snipe, but with something crazy like a 10 second cast. could make things verily interesting and would solve the crucible gap problem

How would everyone like this balanced?

1. Should it do damage?

2. You suggest range of 40. Would you like it to be able to be cast into fog of war?

3. Would 3.5 seconds be enough of a cast time (otherwise you could just use teleport).

4. Cooldown time? (i reckon 40 sec).

"Dejavu Essence

Instant Cast, 27s cooldown, can cast while moving.

On Use: Abilities have 25% Reduced Mana Cost and Recharge 30% Faster for 6 Seconds

+6 Mana Regen

+250 Max Energy"

Ingame it says 25 Mana regen you mightve been thinking of the max energy when you typed it.

Ty Shiro_Sol !

Your bug hunting is awesome 

Anyway heres where i am at with 1.8

Still trying to get Golems hammer slam working. If anyone has any code for this it would save me alot of time. I am trying to get it to work as a secondary weapon with long cooldown as ptarth suggested.

Changing XP minotaurs from 2 units (2 units was OP) to 1, This minotaur will be 75% bigger than a standard minotaur and will have Damage and Health and Attack Speed that scales with the level that the unit was summoned at. Will retain the same XP buff.

Will look into changing the code for Albatross damage and mana drain  to scale with level.

Added Mr Rappards Item Tree - Shop Mod.

Removed Tower of silence from achievement Items

Added Tower of silence as a consumable from shop (still needs some balancing for cost, suggestions?)

Will add slow ward into shop, but i think that i will leave it as a favor item as well. Might alter the buffs between the shop one and the favor version.

New Consumable:

Skeleton Key - Removes Enemy Caplocks, Adds Caplocks to Friendly Flags. Cooldown 50. Cost 750. Max 3 per stack. (item has been completed, just awaiting addition to consumable shop).

Still trying to get flag mine to work. Here is what i am trying to do, let me know what you think.

Flag Mine - applies altered caplock effect to flag. While applied, Flag Warscore Rate is doubled. The mine lasts for 1 minute or until 2 explosions have occured. Explosions will meta all nearby infantry (knock small units into the air). Flag is capable at all times, however you will have to move into the radius of the mine to be able to capture the flag, and as such you will set it off.

This item will be a consumable.

Still to add Invisible Cloak but i will see what i can do. I was thinking about adding this as a ward that makes a radius 12 invisible for 20 seconds. Would you guys like a particular one of these items or both?

Vortex Tower

Will remove the fire nova attack of the vortex tower and will add spike wave attack (as standard AOE has been used for thumper, this will give both towers a unique feel).

Tower Balance.

For Balance, I was looking at limiting the number of towers able to be made to 4, but boosting the individual tower damage. This would prevent the overkill of tower clusters that could potentially occur.

Note that Tower Balance is potentially going to be a major holdup on the release of this patch, as when mines were first released they were very OP, and ppl didnt enjoy the games they played as the IMBA items were always picked. As i spend most of my time coding atm, would anyone be interested in beta testing what i have done? In partiticular, the new towers.

Pls post up if you would be willing, if i can get a group that is willing to try it out then i will post it up. I really want to balance these items in 2v2+ as 1v1 is not a good indicator, and ai is horrible at playing against the new towers.

Exx

Ok i have now also done:

Consumables:

Flag Mine - Looks like cap lock, flag will still be captureable. Capping the flag will remove the mine. Mine will explode when an enemy hero enters within 17 radius. 2 Explosions will occur before flag mine is removed. Minimum time between Explosions is 4 seconds. Lasts 60 seconds. 500 damage per explosion. Will knock back smaller infantry. Will also double the warscore rate of a flag for the duration of the mine. (ie so it will be worth taking the damage to remove the mine.

Warscore Manipulator - Looks like cap lock, flag will still be captureable. Capping the flag will remove the manipulator. This item will increase warscore obtained from capped flag by 5x for the duration of the maniplator (or until removed).

These items can be applied over top of eachother and over the top of a caplock

However, if any of these items ends, then they will remove all effects on the flag (ie if you canplock a flag and then add mine, when the mine explodes the second time it will remove the caplock). Also note warscore alteration gained will be dependent on which item is used last (mine or manipulator). I am looking into a fix for this last issue, as i think if you use a warscore multiplier on a mined flag then you should always recieve the higher buff.

Edit:

Vortex Tower Has Been completed- Now uses Spike Wave, Damage scales with level, Health Scales with Level.Spike wave applies a 5% speed debuff.

and heres another one:

Consumable- summons structure : Forge - Will add +2 gold per tick to allied team - cost 2500. Structure has 1250 health, so keep them safe! 60 second cooldown

New Xp minotaur - only 1 summonable ---- Big enough for you Mac? NB: minotaur on right is Xp minotaur, while the left one is standard idol.

February 2, 2010 1:04:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm... anyway to make a favor item that removes locks?  Not sure if someone suggested this already or not.

February 2, 2010 1:08:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice mod, thx. what means perminant?

Quoting pacov,
hmm... anyway to make a favor item that removes locks?  Not sure if someone suggested this already or not.

i think removing locks shouldnt be possible. but there could be an item that prevents flags from being locked for a certain amount of time. it should be applyable to enemy flags as well of course.

February 2, 2010 1:12:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
He already completed a consumable that does so I'm 90% sure it can be made a favor item.

Quoting Exxcentric,

New Consumable:

Skeleton Key - Removes Enemy Caplocks, Adds Caplocks to Friendly Flags. Cooldown 50. Cost 750. Max 3 per stack. (item has been completed, just awaiting addition to consumable shop).

February 2, 2010 1:53:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At 750 a pop that's more than fair.

Architect's mechanism with optical enhancement is great, especially on high towers. Good job with this mod, it definitely adds some novelty to a game that has been analyzed and processed.

February 2, 2010 1:57:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yere, shiro is correct. Skeleton lock was originally going to be a favor item, however, i thought that it would be better off as a consumable. If you guys would prefer it as a favor item or even as a clickable wand let me know .

@derog

perminant = permanent (it is 4:30am lol)

Also note that i am looking at adding a number of new caplocks that will have a varied effect on the battlefield. These will be at a higher cost than standard caplocks but will provide enhancements to already existing flag buffs.

Ie Increase the health bonus provided by celerity flag by 10% while locked

increase xp bonus of XP flag by 10% while locked etc

Also note that skeleton key will remove flag mine and warscore manipulator as well, although, you can just cap the flag to remove these effects. Also i thought that by having flag effects that require you to move onto the flag to determine the type of lock (while under the effect of the manipulator the flag will be capturable, whereas flag mine will explode and caplock... well we all know waht that does) would make for interesting gameplay.

Edit: sorry split, missed your post. Ty for you comments! also what do you all reckon the manipulator should be worth. I thought that it would be a good item for endgame warscore catchup and was leaning towards 1200 (it will add 300 warscore if the left on the flag for the full duration.

February 2, 2010 4:04:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Architects Mechanism:
Passive - Range 15:
+10 structure regen aura 
+12.5% structure damage aura 
+12.5% structure attack speed aura

Use
Perminetly add 500 Max health, heal structure for 250 health and  add +2 regen to a structure.

35 second cooldown

3 second cast

Optic Enhancement: On Use: Enhance targeted structures damage by 150% for 10 seconds and range by 8. Will also permanetly buff targeted structure's damage by 7.5% and extend range by 0.75. Cooldown 35. 

OK, this needs some work. The last couple games I've been using or seen these used to death. Thirty-five seconds is WAY too short for this.

Architecht's Mechanism: With five minutes you can have +4500 health, heal for 2250 health, add 18 regen, and it cannot be taken down while you are guarding it because of the triple aura

I suggest increasing the cooldown to 1 minute, removing the regen aura, and make it add 300 to maxHealth

Optic Enhancement: In five minutes you can increase the range by 6, and over the course of the game your tower will be able to hold its lane alone. If you use it right when an enemy attacks it will deal massive damage to them and force them to back off. This isn't as strong as the architect's mechanism, but if they are used in tandem, it becomes an incredibly cheap favor item.

I recommend that you increase the cooldown to 45 and reduce the range bonus to 0.55

February 2, 2010 4:07:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,

Architects Mechanism:
Passive - Range 15:
+10 structure regen aura 
+12.5% structure damage aura 
+12.5% structure attack speed aura

Use
Perminetly add 500 Max health, heal structure for 250 health and  add +2 regen to a structure.

35 second cooldown

3 second cast

Optic Enhancement: On Use: Enhance targeted structures damage by 150% for 10 seconds and range by 8. Will also permanetly buff targeted structure's damage by 7.5% and extend range by 0.75. Cooldown 35. 

OK, this needs some work. The last couple games I've been using or seen these used to death. Thirty-five seconds is WAY too short for this.

Architecht's Mechanism: With five minutes you can have +4500 health, heal for 2250 health, add 18 regen, and it cannot be taken down while you are guarding it because of the triple aura

I suggest increasing the cooldown to 1 minute, removing the regen aura, and make it add 300 to maxHealth

Optic Enhancement: In five minutes you can increase the range by 6, and over the course of the game your tower will be able to hold its lane alone. If you use it right when an enemy attacks it will deal massive damage to them and force them to back off. This isn't as strong as the architect's mechanism, but if they are used in tandem, it becomes an incredibly cheap favor item.

I recommend that you increase the cooldown to 45 and reduce the range bonus to 0.55
Lulz our 50k hp tower

February 2, 2010 4:20:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Was that giant quote really necessary for a 5 word comment  

February 2, 2010 8:33:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kk good comments, it will look into making some balance changes

February 2, 2010 8:48:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You might want to consider removing slow ward, it's basically an area of effect that makes the game unplayably slow.

I have an idea for a fairly complicated favor item.

You could call it mimic or chameleon, or something to that effect. What it would do is allow you to take on the appearance of another demigod. For example, you play as UB, you click your favor item, then you click your allied (could be enemy) regulus. You then look like regulus but retain all of your UB skills. The beauty in it is that people expect you to be awful 1v1 but all of a sudden you ooze/spit/grasp them for nine million damage per second and they die. You may want to add like 5% attack speed or some little buff.

February 2, 2010 8:50:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You might want to consider removing slow ward, it's basically an aura that makes the game unplayably slow.
\

Hell no... that's my fav.

February 2, 2010 9:36:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxentric, the mod looks terrific!

I have an idea that might make a superb favor item:

Two-way mirror

Use: Teleports you to another location. Seven seconds after casting, it warps you back to your original spot.

Cooldown: 30 seconds Cast time: 1 second.

February 3, 2010 4:20:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You could call it mimic or chameleon, or something to that effect. What it would do is allow you to take on the appearance of another demigod. For example, you play as UB, you click your favor item, then you click your allied (could be enemy) regulus. You then look like regulus but retain all of your UB skills. The beauty in it is that people expect you to be awful 1v1 but all of a sudden you ooze/spit/grasp them for nine million damage per second and they die. You may want to add like 5% attack speed or some little buff.

Hmm this would take alot of work but i think that i might have an idea. Could be difficult due to the way demigod handles skins and units tho.

Two-way mirror

Use: Teleports you to another location. Seven seconds after casting, it warps you back to your original spot.

Ty! Two-way mirror doesnt sound to bad, will look into the code for it.

You might want to consider removing slow ward, it's basically an aura that makes the game unplayably slow.\
Hell no... that's my fav.
]

Slow ward is very popular, might change cast time to balance it out a bit more but i think that it does add a different element to a battle. Also i will add a consumable version, probly wont heal allies tho. (requested by Epiphenomenon a while back)

February 3, 2010 4:52:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I read about the skeleton lock or something like that that would remove locks. I think it would be better as a consumable (200g). I wouldn't personally take it as a favor and miss out on other excellent favor items. just my thought.

(too lazy to read above )

'btw can't wait for V1.8

February 3, 2010 6:35:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,

Two-way mirror

Really intressting favor, would indeed like to see such item.
Also i think the Achitect Mechanism  needs a fix. cause now you can just buff the towers to no end.
Yesterday was in a match were a single tower was at more health then their Citadel

Just keep it up wonderfull Mod.

February 3, 2010 7:30:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TY,

curious for balance reasons:

who was using the mechanism (ie rook?)

Did they have more than one on a single team?

These 2 things have are important for me to adjust the item to a more desirable (or less lol) level.

February 3, 2010 7:36:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think everyone missed this so i will repost down here:

Tower Balance.

Note that Tower Balance is potentially going to be a major holdup on the release of this patch, as when mines were first released they were very OP, and ppl didnt enjoy the games they played as the IMBA items were always picked. As i spend most of my time coding atm, would anyone be interested in beta testing what i have done? In partiticular, the new towers.

Pls post up if you would be willing, if i can get a group that is willing to try it out then i will post it up ( i dont need to be involved, just post up some opinions afterward here). I really want to balance these items in 2v2+ as 1v1 is not a good indicator, and ai is horrible at playing against the new towers.

Also if anyone has any replays, i would really like to see them and it will help with the balancing of items!

Also as a side note for all those creating new maps, the new towers can be summoned by the buildseed command - ie the command that is required for a tower to be spawned on map creation. If anyone wants to they are more than welcome to edit/Add create new maps and use my towers. I might have a go at this eventually but it could take me some time as i havent done anything to do with map creation as of yet.

February 3, 2010 7:59:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Architecht's Mechanism: With five minutes you can have +4500 health, heal for 2250 health, add 18 regen, and it cannot be taken down while you are guarding it because of the triple aura

I want to keep the cooldown minimal, as that requires a more labour intensive play style to have a profound effect. However i will nerf health bonus to 200 to compensate. Changing regen aura to +2 and cooldown to 45

these changes have been done, let me know if anyone thinks that this is not enough/overkill.

Dejavu cloak tooltip has been fixed

February 3, 2010 8:23:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exxcentric,
TY,

curious for balance reasons:

who was using the mechanism (ie rook?)

Did they have more than one on a single team?

These 2 things have are important for me to adjust the item to a more desirable (or less lol) level.
QoT was using the mechanism the other QoT (Me ) was using optical for tower dmg and range ^.^ (50k hp tower...lulz)

February 3, 2010 8:27:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I want to keep the cooldown minimal, as that requires a more labour intensive play style to have a profound effect. However i will nerf health bonus to 200 to compensate. Changing regen aura to +2 and cooldown to 45

these changes have been done, let me know if anyone thinks that this is not enough/overkill.

That sounds reasonable, I'll test it if I can get a favormod game later. I can't find the replay but the game basically deadlocked with super powerful towers that had incredible attack speed, regen, health, and splash damage. I found one early replay with jonathan1 where he used it, but he was rook and just temporarily buffed his towers... horrible use of a permanent item.

February 3, 2010 10:29:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

QoT was using the mechanism the other QoT (Me ) was using optical for tower dmg and range ^.^ (50k hp tower...lulz)

lol, i can imagine why this is causing outrage then ROFL!

That sounds reasonable, I'll test it if I can get a favormod game later. I can't find the replay but the game basically deadlocked with super powerful towers that had incredible attack speed, regen, health, and splash damage. I found one early replay with jonathan1 where he used it, but he was rook and just temporarily buffed his towers... horrible use of a permanent item.

lol. Ok well i will if we can get 3 more i will place current version on the ftp. Icons and tooltips are not done yet so you might have to have a search through the items, but you can find info on most of them here. I wll move onto these soon as i think that it will need to be done soon so i can release it.

Whoo got mini rooks hammer slam to work, this will kick in at lvl 7 and do 300 damage and will meta infantry. Now in process of adjusting rooks damage, health and speed per demigod level.

Health - rook will start health at  1300 health and will adjust up to 3400 (500 more than giants at max citadel armory upgrades, and lvl 4 minotaurs have 2010 each).

he will do 50 damage per hit (minotaurs level 1 do 19 per hit but hit more than twice as often) this will increase up to 125 (lvl 4 mino's do 43 each)

Speed will increase from 5.4 to 6.7

Also thinking of adding a new effect. What do you guys think of having a baby golem between levels 1-6 (2/3s the size of this one) andthen developing into a full grown golem at lvl 7, where he then gets his hammer slam ability?

February 3, 2010 12:11:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ROFL, i managed to get it done!

There are now 3 stages of Golem:

lvl 1- 4 you get clay golem

lv 5-9 you get babylon golem

lvl 10+ you get the babylon titan

Clay Golem

Babylon Golem

Babylon Titan

February 3, 2010 12:13:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds awesome, we need to make a 5v5 game where everyone plays rook and gets 5 mini-rooks.

February 3, 2010 7:57:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

your mini-rook concept is exactly how I would want Yetis to be redone :-/

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000641   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.