The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric

Join Date 07/2009
+47

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

Locked Post 634 Replies +8
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 5, 2011 12:44:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok i have tested absorption rewrite (import) and it seems to be working fine now.

Rook problem was not tested but i turned off its ability to target untargetable bones (like rook shoulder TOL)

As for seeing through fog of war, i am not sure what has done that? i didnt get that far into the replay, but you sure you didnt have a tower up there that was alive? 

February 5, 2011 12:57:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As for seeing through fog of war, i am not sure what has done that? i didnt get that far into the replay, but you sure you didnt have a tower up there that was alive?

hehe... not for 10 minutes

February 5, 2011 1:12:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

new installer uploaded.

February 5, 2011 10:40:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so no more crazy stuff going on?

February 6, 2011 1:58:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not a chance to check this out... been swamped most of the day.

February 6, 2011 10:10:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BUMP - PLS Read OP

thanks Exxcentric

February 7, 2011 1:56:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Love you and your mod exxcentric.

I can understand how frustrating it must be to not get feedback as often as you would like but coming from a person that loves your mod I thank you for all of your time and effort into giving the community this piece of art work. This mod really shows what a supported DG game could have been.

February 7, 2011 2:41:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ty, i didnt want to sound conceded, just a bit frustrated with life atm .

I understand that you and the rest of the OMG boys play it a bit, as well as some of the European players, just things are getting tight and after several discussions with ppl in lobbys over the last few days (all of which i got kicked for having too high a ping) i got a bit frustrated.

Anyway, I am sure i will be around till the end of the month at least, so you will prbly see at least one more large update, just trying to sort out what i should focus on.

anyway again ty for the kind words.

Exx

February 13, 2011 3:57:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should include the enchanced AI mod, but modify it to use the new favor items.

It's not hard... just copy paste the enchanced AI into your mod and modify the various AIblueprint lua files.

In each skill; build, Look for
FavorItems = {'AchievementHealth'},

Also, I wouldn't be afraid to make an exclusive version of the mod. Just the other day It took Pacov and crew 5+ games just to get the basic enhanced AI mod to work in a game.

If you do that (make an exclusive version) you should also include the EnhancedUI packaged Pacov assembled.

Really, people are lazy, and invalid gamestates are a pain to sort out when trying to play online... one mod to enable that provides everything you need will make life so much more easy for everyone.

February 13, 2011 4:11:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, I wouldn't be afraid to make an exclusive version of the mod. Just the other day It took Pacov and crew 5+ games just to get the basic enhanced AI mod to work in a game.

well 2 games with 1 invalid gamestate... and 0 issues since with various players. 

February 13, 2011 5:12:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

t's not hard... just copy paste the enchanced AI into your mod and modify the various AIblueprint lua files.

No, actually, don't do this.  You can just hook the AIBlueprint files in your mod, insure that it has a higher UID, and its AI blueprints will take precedence.  You can even modify AIBlueprints completely non-destructively with little or no effort.

Really, people are lazy, and invalid gamestates are a pain to sort out when trying to play online... one mod to enable that provides everything you need will make life so much more easy for everyone.

This is horribly naive, and assumes that one mod author is responsible for every single mod released.  Since this is obviously not the case, if one mod author updates their mod (e.g. something important like the UberFix) and you have a crappy, outdated, hacked copy of that in your mod, it's completely incompatible with the updated mod.   Everyone who wants to use the 'combination mod' then has to wait for that 'author' (I use that term loosely) to figure out what was changed in the updated mod, and steal those changes.

Just because you played Homeworld or some other game where this was the only way to use mods doesn't mean it's the best way to handle this in a very flexible game like Demigod.  Pacov's combined installer is an excellent compromise anyway, as it means that if a mod in the package gets updated, and the installer isn't immediately changed to reflect this, that they can still separately download and use the updated mod along with the un-updated ones in the combined installer just fine.

This also ignores the fact that invalid gamestates due to mod version conflicts are the result of poor modding practices, such as not updating UIDs when you release a new version, and are one of the simplest issues to avoid.

Nevermind that there really isn't anyone with the time, energy, and expertise in the Demigod modding community to maintain such a combined mod.  It's a stupid, outdated concept that people keep pushing because they don't fully understand the moho engine's capabilities.

February 13, 2011 8:12:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not to derail this thread, but we've been over this before in the crazytown thread.

People don't want to manage various mod packages.

It's fine to have an AI for normal demigod, but it's not fine to have an AI mod for a mod. eg: AI mod for favor mod for demigod.

I said it before based on past mod experience, and recent experience with my enhanced AI mod for crazy town proved it.

If you make a custom mod for a mod, it will fail. You need to package them all together in one spot.

Making an enhanced AI specific for favor mod is dumb... I would love to see you guys setup a favor mod game with a secondary enhanced AI mod for favor town and get everyone to make it go the 1st time.

Additionally, online is only 1/2 the market for mods in demigod... many people have no inclination to play demigod online or post on these forums, but will look in this forum and download mods for more single player variety.

eg: I am betting if someone made a dgdata file that allows you to play with enhanced AI in tournament against all demigods instead of random 8, it would outstrip all the downloads of mods in this forum combined.

Don't take it personally, facilitate the people using the mods.

February 13, 2011 8:14:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT- this forum engine sucks

February 13, 2011 8:32:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's fine to have an AI for normal demigod, but it's not fine to have an AI mod for a mod. eg: AI mod for favor mod for demigod.
  You're absolutely right, because you don't need a separate AI mod for FavorMod.  FavorMod can do its own simple, non-destructive modifications of AIBlueprints that will work for both the stock AI AND the AI mod, with a fraction of the effort that would be required to destructively merge the entire AI mod into it.

There's also nothing in particular in FavorMod that's necessarily incompatible with any other mod, even balance mods.  Trying to force exclusivity of e.g. your mod vs FavorMod doesn't benefit anyone, and is totally unnecessary.  There isn't anything inherent in either that would make them incompatible, even if they might change a few of the same items in conflicting ways (which is not actually a big deal at all).

February 13, 2011 10:33:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,

It's fine to have an AI for normal demigod, but it's not fine to have an AI mod for a mod. eg: AI mod for favor mod for demigod.  You're absolutely right, because you don't need a separate AI mod for FavorMod.  FavorMod can do its own simple, non-destructive modifications of AIBlueprints that will work for both the stock AI AND the AI mod, with a fraction of the effort that would be required to destructively merge the entire AI mod into it.
There's also nothing in particular in FavorMod that's necessarily incompatible with any other mod, even balance mods.  Trying to force exclusivity of e.g. your mod vs FavorMod doesn't benefit anyone, and is totally unnecessary.  There isn't anything inherent in either that would make them incompatible, even if they might change a few of the same items in conflicting ways (which is not actually a big deal at all).

You missed the point, you shouldn't have to download the enhanced AI mod separately, it should be included in favor mod.

February 14, 2011 11:39:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i dont think i will be writing new builds for ai unless i get some help from the community in deciding what are actually "SOLID" builds (there have been a significant number of new shop and favor items added so this will alter both shop order, demigod skill selection and favor item selection - not a simple change).

The AI is weak enough using the items from the base game (using well proven, sophisticated builds) and it has taken ALOT of work between pacov, cow, mithy and peppe to set up enhanced ai. Changing from these builds would (IMO) only weaken the AI, and although it might make for some different games, i doubt it would be a worthwhile change.

Also understand that about v1.7 (when skirmish AI went quiet) i had it included in the mod, however, this became a considerable problem every time peppe released a new version and so was removed. IE: every time there is an update to this mod i have to spend a significant amount of time tracking down all the files involved in this extensive mod (within my extensive mod) and remove the old ones before replacing them with new ones. This is alot of work.

To counteract this Pacov has very nicely added all three major mods to the one installer, so users, although they will have to activate all three mods, will have access to the enhanced ai if they choose to download the recommended installer. As things stand the three large mods are all downloaded at the same time (and i believe nearly everyone uses the installer and not my .rar file).

All that said, as mithy said, it is only a single file in each of the the demigod folders that requires a few small and simple changes to add the items in.

If you make a custom mod for a mod, it will fail. You need to package them all together in one spot.

# note if you want to create this, i am sure we can work something out to get it added to one package or get it added to pacovs installer (so you just have to activate it ingame).

February 14, 2011 12:27:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also

This is not due to the mods themselves. As far as i can tell (i believe i have had this discussion before somewhere else and infact i might have created a thread on it) this is due to a corruption of the mods during installing.

To get into the game you *MUST* all have the same mods installed/enabled. Unless there is a UID repetition (which i try very hard to avoid) getting into a game without the same version (a cause of invalid game state (IGS)) is not possible. On every occasion that his has occured to my knowledge it has been because someone has overwritten the old mod with a new version.

This seems to corrupt files (my sneaking suspicion is that ppl are not using an admin account on the PC and so the files are installed as READONLY -- winrar and most other zip programs save unzipped files as readonly on these accounts. As such overwriting is prevented when unzipping/reinstalling a new version over an old one) and DELETING the folder and re-installing has always worked.  

-----------------------------------------------------

Moving back to the original thread:

Any ideas for next version or new bugs that have cropped up?

I know i need to fix vampire gloves buff from being removed on death. 

Other items i am thinking about adding are:

2 new magic resist items (to make guardian platemail more effective)

Ability Damage % item with Max mana (as requested by Darkliath a while back)

An invisiblity item (when struck by a tower you gain 2 seconds of invisibly, 5 sec cooldown)

Another invisibility item - Invisiblity ward - all demigods entering area (11) will be invisible. Ward will last 2 minutes but will be able to be killed by demigod minions (same as oak ward)

Gold Ward - wand - very long cooldown: all units killed in area of ward will have their bounty and XP increased by 25%. (works for both allies and enemies).

Consumble: kill all minions of enemy unit.

GoldTower: Consumable - Max 1 - create a goldmine which creates 1 gps. (was added in earlier iteration but was take out for balance. It will be rebalanced.

Others will be posted as suggested/thought of i

February 14, 2011 3:54:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi Exxcentric;

First I really wanna thank u for doing this great stuff! Me and my friends are demigod players from the first time, a long time we didn't played it because of no updates from the makers. But you gave us a good reason to play it again( of course the other mods are also good - uberfix etc....). I loved to test all the new items and we play demigod every night for some hours. In the last games i felt like seeing something a little unbalanced. Excactly I mean the " Venom Stone" , I think it has to much power. The auras are ok , but its proc effect is really damaging to much. For example : i'm playing at nearly lvl 10 having around 5000 HP and somebody is striking me with venom stone in a batlle . I will loose 250 (5%) every second for 5 sec. All in all i will get 1250 damage. This would be really much damage but still ok. The weird thing is starting when i get a second venom stone proc on the next hit , because there is no cooldowns time for getting this effect again. So if you have no luck, you will get venom stone with the first strike and 1 sec later with the next srike. this would mean 2500 Damage in 6 sec. and thats the problem i experienced. this is really too much, especially if you are on the way back in your base. Maybe you could overthink the item and we discuss out with some other players and their experiences. Thanks a lot man! And pls do not stopping publishing new items!

February 19, 2011 6:17:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ty for your feedback macten (+1)

umm venom stone has been an issue of contention for a while. I am considering putting a damage hardcap on the item so it limits the total amount of damage that can be caused by it.

Again TY.

March 21, 2011 8:41:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i am still around:

bump

April 5, 2011 3:43:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks again for all of the work you've put into this, exx. 

Anyone around want to get a few games of this going tonight?  I'll be on vent later, so reply here or hit me up. 

April 6, 2011 4:48:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heya pacov,

Sorry, been busy.

Did you get any games in? Any feedback/changes you would like made?

Exx

April 6, 2011 6:56:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a heads up, the new UberFix release might break a few things in the latest version of FavorMod, or vice versa.  Namely the BuffAffects.lua changes.  I added a new hookable function for the Health buffaffect, that allows mods to make non-destructive dynamic changes to Health buffs without overriding the original function, but I assume you're probably overriding others as well.

If you're actually interested, I can expand this into a more comprehensive system that covers all of the others as well.  At the very least, that would mean you wouldn't need to re-copy the UberFix BuffAffect functions every time it updates.

This would still work even if you don't want to require the UberFix (although it would make it easier, and you probably should!) by doing a check for an UberFix-specific global in BuffAffects.lua, and if not present, then overriding BuffAffects functions.

April 6, 2011 9:11:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Actually, I didn't end up having as much free time as I expected last night.  I only got 1 game in, so I don't really have any feedback atm.  I plan on getting in more games this week using favor mod, though.

April 6, 2011 9:23:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

idea - an item or creature that drains mana via aura.  Or perhaps freezes mana regen on hit for X seconds.  I like the aura idea...

Might be really fun if it slowly drains allied mana via aura and maybe drains enemy mana at 3x that rate.

edit - any chance its easy to make nightmare not fire if no enemies around?

editedit - magic mirror's nerf was a bit too much.  I'd like to be able to cast an ability IMMEDIATELY after I use... instead there is like a second or .5 second delay before I can do anything.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: