The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric

Join Date 07/2009
+47

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

Locked Post 634 Replies +8
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 7, 2011 11:22:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok i might muck around a bit with the mod this weekend, and will look into magic mirror and nightmare

April 8, 2011 12:22:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exx - guess what my super annoying request will be? 

I'd like to identify the current best items in favor mod and have those all moved to a tab.  My end goal (now that its slowly being announced officially that demigod might have a future) is to get a few favor mod favor items/items added to the core game.  I'm pretty sure this can happen.

Anyway, that said, I'd love to see 1 tab that lists all of the best items... then load everything else into other tabs so that we can improve them and bring them up to "best" status.  Anyway, just a thought from mah brain.  Feel free to ignore it, as I'd imagine its a pain in the ass.  But that said, I can probably guarantee your name mentioned in the next patch (if there is one and we see inclusion). 

I suppose we could always start a discussion on what is great and what is poo atm. 

April 13, 2011 7:57:22 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

OK - more thoughts on eviction.  I played several games of favor mod last night and noticed a trend.  If I started using eviction, the game would go on forever.  We were playing on high towers, so that might have been part of the problem, but I'm thinking it needs some changes.

First - I think I encountered a bug related to it.  Let's say I have 2 eviction scrolls and cast eviction on the ub on the other team.  He gets sent back to the crystal.  So, now I have 1 eviction scroll left.  He comes back out to fight me again.  As soon as the cooldown for eviction ends, I cast it again.  He isn't sent back to base (which is by design), but I've lost my scroll. 

In another scenario - let's say I do things differently.  I go out with 2 scrolls.  Cast the 1.  Go back to base to get another 1 (bringing my total count to 2 evict scrolls) and then use it again on ub as soon as the CD expires.  Ub still won't be ported away, but in this scenario, I don't lose my scroll.

Anyway, here's what I'd change.  Set the max number of evict scrolls that you can carry to 1 per slot and increase to CD timer substantially (I'm thinking 2 minutes).  Or, if its possible, give everyone 1 eviction scroll at the start of the game and remove the item from the shop.  No idea how to do that.  But if that was possible, I'd make it an instant cast item and perhaps make it so it removes any enemy dg within a cast radius.  That way it could be saved until late game for a save, etc. 

April 13, 2011 11:15:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your super annoying request is very simple.

Make me a list and it will be done (will take me about 10 minutes).

I will look into eviction. I dont think that i can make ppl start with one (and it would take up a consumable slot) but i can prbly make it so it is unique and you can only carry one around. If you want i can make it an artifact so that you have to:

1. control the artifact shop to be able to purchase.

2. increase the price to make them less usable (ie only really lategame usage).

I still havent spent any time on this but i will have some time tomorrow (if i dont get called into a prac for uni --stupid teammate cant do anything without a "group" decision lol).

also @ mithy ty for the feedback and notifications of what is new i will have to spend some time looking at your changes

April 13, 2011 3:13:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exxcentric,
I will look into eviction. I dont think that i can make ppl start with one (and it would take up a consumable slot)

Well, taking up a consumable slot would be fine, but I hear yah - that would be interesting as far as some scripting options if it was possible to have a dg spawned at the start of a game with an item set, etc. 

Quoting Exxcentric,
but i can prbly make it so it is unique and you can only carry one around.

That would be a good improvement methinks (even if all you did was make it so that you could only carry 1 per slot - that would work too)+ cooldown increase + price increase.  I was thinking about having it at the artifact shop too, but that really wouldn't make any difference on some of the maps that have the artifact shop right at the base.  Still, that said, I'd say move it to the artifact shop anyway. 

Quoting Exxcentric,
Make me a list and it will be done (will take me about 10 minutes).

Glad do hear its not that difficult, I'll start compiling what I think are the most useful items as is.

April 13, 2011 3:46:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Question about reflexes (think we might have discussed this before).  It says it gives you +12% passive dodge.  If you don't have any dodge, does this do anything for you?

Just starting a list - I'll come back and add to it later.

1. Venom Stone
  2. Helm of Fortune
  3. architects mechanism
  4. vortex
  5. replicators
  6. ice shard (just tried this one again - soooooo nice for a hammerslam rook)

Favor mod change requests: 

• Update ptarth's mega ent's tooltip showing the proc rate.  
  • suppressive fire needs a buff - not quite worth choosing yet
  • thumper was hit way too hard with the nerf stick - keep the freeze duration how you have it, but up the proc rate to 13 or 15%.  Even that is probably not enough... maybe add some sort of low powered aura to it? 
  • Cardinal needs a change - I think I may have found the sweet spot on it as well.  Keep the no priest heal thing as is.  Change minion damage to +10.  Add hp to +300.  +5 hp regen.  That should be enough to get folks to consider using it as a counter for multiple generals or for minion builds. 

April 14, 2011 11:32:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

been playing a ton of favor mod games lately.

April 16, 2011 1:00:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey mate, 

ty for the for the feedback

ended up having alot less spare time this week than i thought i was going to. Still having a look over mithys latest releases to see what has been changed. First i would like to resync favormod with uberfix so that the two play nicely together again and get the most out of mithys changes.

Then hopefully i can move on to rechanging items, shop order etc.

exx

April 16, 2011 2:20:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would highly recommend using the optioning method detailed in BuffAffects.lua (in the ModHealthDamageData comments) if you want to keep using hard overrides, because I cannot guarantee that I won't change something else significant in BuffAffects in a future UberFix release, and the whole point of non-destructive modding is to avoid having to change your mod every time someone else changes theirs.

Again, if you have any questions about how to make some of your overrides non-destructive, post them here or in the UberFix thread, or PM me, and I can help you out.  I'm willing to add more infrastructure to the UberFix to enable non-destructive BuffAffects modding if necessary, but I'm pretty confident that there are ways to accomplish just about anything else needed using callbacks or a DoTakeDamage hook (which I think your mod already has).

April 30, 2011 9:06:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok over the last 2 weeks i have been making a number of small changes to favormod to balance and sync it with uberfix. 

There is currently no eta as to when i will release the next version --> kind of when it is done i will release it, as my time is rather limited atm and i havent had time to sit down and do a long session of modding in a while. However, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later (maybe another 2 weeks?). A large number of items are being rewritten to simplify them using mithys buffaffects.lua code.

Just thought i would update everyone.

Exx

April 30, 2011 10:52:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thx for the update!  Always good to hear from you. 

May 16, 2011 12:29:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sooo... my busy friend. 

May 19, 2011 3:03:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok lol, since you dropped another line in the enfos thread (i thought i would reply here) i thought i would give everyone a bit of an update.

I am getting there one small change at a time. There is still ALOT of things that i would like to do the FavorMod and there will be another version at some point (so far i have spent 15+ hours doing stuff on it -- that said it is nowhere near ready for a new release as most of it is invisible behind the seen's coding and stuff -- tidying up folders, recompatiblising favormod with mithys uberfix changes etc.

Also i would like to finish a couple of items i never released, do a bunch of balance and fixes etc.

So it is comming, when -- well i dunno atm but hopefully soon. (i just hope there are still a few ppl around to have a go with it when i release it)

Cheers Exx.

May 22, 2011 8:33:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi!

Is there a list of the existing items in favormod available? I would like to look up the items before I play with them.

May 22, 2011 11:11:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hi mate,

Unfortunetly at the moment there is not a list. I had one up until about Version 1.8 but then pulled it down because it was about 10 pages long , which was a bit excessive for a first post -- individual descriptions about 70 different items is a LONG thread lol.

Easiest way to check them out is to just mouse over them all in a game then restart the game when you find one you like. 

I will look into doing this again for the next version i release -- as well as adding a new video.

Cheers for the interest, exx

BTW if you have any questions about any of the items post them up. I am more than happy to let you know how any of them function etc.

May 23, 2011 4:08:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for your answer and your offer, Exxcentric!

Well I thought about that also, but I hoped they is a list so I could be lazy!

Well, not a big problem though...

May 29, 2011 6:53:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like to say that FavorMod rocks.

I have been playing a bit - single player and multi with a friend and I'm not sure I want to play without it.

We have found some nice items in the mix, along with others that we can't seem to love - but each of us agrees that Hellfire rocks!

Looking fwd: to the next update

May 30, 2011 12:40:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cheers for the feedback Mauxe (+1)

Umm intersting that you really like hellfires, they havent been overly popular before.

If you get some time could you give me a small list of your top 3 and least 3 favourite items?

Cheers Exx.

May 30, 2011 1:07:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll break down my fav/least fav for you soon.

Hellfire minions are a bit (very) squishy but they seem to give decent dps and are a traveling mana battery. 
I find myself rarely worrying about mana regen and end up skipping some items I might otherwise need.
I end up with much less downtime.  Depending on the DG I may still need to back off - but (especially with a general) I am usually right back in..  or by the time I hit a new flag my mana is way up.

I can't speak for how they work in a Pro game but I like them.

As a matter of fact - I just played a vanilla game and found myself gimped a bit.  I need to play more games without these items as I am used to relying on them.

May 30, 2011 1:32:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh - I'll add to this.  Awhile back I tried hellfire's as a minion dg item.  Very successful and not op, imo.  Love em.  And I think they are very well balanced.  I just don't use them on assassin style dgs (what I play most of the time). 

edit - and mauxe - please provide any additional feedback you can think of.  Exx knows I'll cheerlead for him.  But hearing that folks in the community are enjoying his mod spur him on a bit (I'd wager). 

May 30, 2011 6:27:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great Mod

I hope many of the ideas in this mod are added to DG2 or a new patch to DG. Would be great to have a more people starting games with favor mod on it extremely fun.

A few idea for new items:

Bag of holding: makes the favor item slot a 4th item slot

- this would be weak early game but having another slot mid to late game would be great, and if there where more items that where 1 only per slot this would have even more use.

Bag of many: creates a random item based of player level when used a new random item is created after the cool down time ends.

- if you use an item it still activates the cool down time for that item if in another slot.

- Up to level 5 only items 250 or less

- level 5 to level 10 any item 500 or less

- level 10 and up items 500 to 1,000

May 30, 2011 8:38:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Blade_Star,
Bag of holding: makes the favor item slot a 4th item slot

that actually sounds like a lot of fun.  I'm guessing its a pretty hardcore rewrite to do something like that... if its even possible. 

May 31, 2011 4:14:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bag of holding is a concept that i have been trying to implement for a very long time.

Problem is that as pacov said it requires a significant rewrite of the shop code as this slot only operates with the favor shop.

I will will see what i can do tho.

As for your other item Bag of many seems like a very fun concept (even if it relys on a random effect): did you want it to perform the abilities of consumables?

ie first cooldown random picks health pot

second mana potion

third sigil

etc

May 31, 2011 1:26:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Adding a dynamic item slot is probably possible, but you'd have to modify a lot of code to get it to work.  Every bit of the current shop, inventory, and UI code assumes a set number of item slots, set locations in the interface, and these assumptions are duplicated in quite a few places.

May 31, 2011 1:53:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
Adding a dynamic item slot is probably possible, but you'd have to modify a lot of code to get it to work. Every bit of the current shop, inventory, and UI code assumes a set number of item slots, set locations in the interface, and these assumptions are duplicated in quite a few places.

heh - its also completely awesome.  Even just a standardized mod that gave you an extra item slot by default would catch the interest of quite a few folks.  It opens up more than a few possibilities.  But that said... PITA to make it happen.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: