The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is it worth continuing working on maps

By on November 30, 2009 3:04:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm slowly determining that making new Maps for Demigods may be impossible in a modding enviroment. The mod manger doesn't appear to load mods in the lobby screen. From my test it looks like even modding the scenerio files of a already created file won't allow new scmap files to be loaded due to the way demigod handles mod (I.E. it loads the SCMAP file before running the Hookscript. Which makes even replacing the old map with a new map impossible. 

The SDK does not appear to be appearing so even if these problem are solved there is still the matter of assigning shaders and there is the whole Granny problem as well. 

Has anyone heard anything about if there is any plans to actually allow users to Create Maps and New Demigod. At this point I'm expecting that the game won't actually allow it as both GPG and Stardock seem to be developing DRM solution to sell content (I.E. why the new Demigod aren't selectable which is the sort of definition of DRM.) And speaking as someone involved in the sales industry allowing modding of the lobby would make this next to impossible.

So the question becomes is it really worth working on something that no one will actually be able to play.

+24 Karma | 4 Replies
November 30, 2009 4:16:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I think you just answered to yourself. No it doesnt worth it.

November 30, 2009 6:56:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very sad. No new maps would be a reason to quit. Honestly.

November 30, 2009 7:06:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We are pretty much hanging onto the hope that we will get something good in the SDK. Been waiting for a simple yes/no about getting a model exporter for over a year, but no luck as of yet >.<

November 30, 2009 10:26:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you get a chance, add a very specific question over here:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370364

I will move it to question number 1. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.