The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD][UI] Bman's Rampaging Minion Overlay 0.6

Devestating!

By on November 27, 2009 11:18:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums External Link

bman654

Join Date 02/2006
+79

Features
- Displays the number of minions you control under the ability button for that minion type.
- Displays health indicators of each minion (green=healthy, yellow=about half health, red=almost dead).
- Click on a health indicator to select that one minion (or hold SHIFT to add to selection).
- Click on minion count to select all minions of that type.
- Hover mouse over health indicator to display rollover information for that minion.

Changelog
v0.6
- Fixed bugs with health indicators sometimes getting confused and not displaying correct information.
- Right-click a health indicator to zoom the camera to that minion.
- Added support for Sedna's Yetis, Oculus' lightning balls, QoT's shamblers, Oak's spirits.
- Support for the vampire minions is still pending.
- Health indicators are not shown if more than 4 special minions can be summoned.
- If more than 4 can be summoned, you just get the minion count.
v0.5
- Got all features working for totem minions.
v0.1
- Initial Alpha Release

Notes:
This is a User-Interface mod, so it doesn't require anyone else to have it installed.

How to Install:
Easiest way is to download the installer and just run it.  It will take care of everything for you.  If you prefer, you can download the ZIP archive and extract the folder into the Mods directory for Demigod.
eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\mods

How to Enable:
Inside Demigod, and under the Mod Manager, simply enable the mod!

If you have problems, make sure that your directory setup is akin to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\mods\Bman Rampaging Minion Overlay\mod_info.lua

Files modified (for mod conflict checking only):
lua\ui\game\AbilityButton.lua (merge-friendly so compatible with other mods that modify this file as long as they are either merge-friendly or designed to load before this mod)

Downloads:
- Installer (Recommended Download)
ZIP Archive (For those of you that do not like to download .exe files)

Known Issues/Planned Features
- Currently only works with Totem abilities (does not yet work with special minions like Yeti or Shamblers etc).

Locked Post 43 Replies +8
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 27, 2009 11:22:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even though this first version has problems, I figured people might still find it useful so I have released it.

November 27, 2009 11:38:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oooh, nice job. This could get really good when it is more finished

November 27, 2009 11:39:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah...good work bman

even if this is not excatly what i was hoping for...i can feel that this mod will evolve and in the end it will be able to show me how many towers i have out as an rook and their lifetime aswell....of course a future version of this mod will show the special minions of all generals aswell.....

really looking forward to this..... 

big thx...da micro

November 27, 2009 12:44:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome. Karma. Reload.

November 27, 2009 1:04:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow bman!  These basic things create so much more game awareness.  Thanks they are really small in stature, but can really have huge benefits to gameplay!

Thanks again,
ThanatosESC.

November 27, 2009 1:13:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

November 28, 2009 12:33:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG bman you rock dude!!!

This is gonna be an Awesome mod, and great work in all your modding efforts!!!!!!

November 28, 2009 4:36:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok v0.5 released.  Special minions still not implemented, but all features I plan on implementing are now working for totem minions.

November 28, 2009 4:51:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

impressing bman......i already love it....

November 28, 2009 4:56:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whoa! I dont know what to say!

Awesome! Simply Awesome!!!

November 28, 2009 6:03:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to see it added from GPG/SD

November 28, 2009 11:29:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ka-ching! Sweet deal!

November 28, 2009 2:39:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bman, you rock my world!!! +1 Karma

November 29, 2009 8:08:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a great mod! but it seems to cause considerable lag when I use it. 9800 GeForce, 4G RAM, 9850 Phenom BE, VISTA 64... played highest resolution, med video settings. typically get about 8+ sim, 6- sim when running the mod.

I was testing it in a 5v5 on Zik and noticed that occasionaly it would leave hp at zero after DG res at the crystal.

BTW

EDIT: WRONG MOD LOL, thought this was for your other UI MOD...

November 29, 2009 8:15:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same here, I have noticed a slow-down to online games.

Also, sometimes the minion HP circle doesnt refresh (shows as 0 HP while it is full, or shows as full while minion is dead etc).

November 29, 2009 10:42:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah it takes abit of processing each sim beat to check the health of the minions.  I've optimized it as much as I can.  If it eats up too much of your cpu you'll have to disable it.

And if you notice the circle not refreshing or something, save the replay and send me a link to it along with the approximate time of the error so I can view the replay and hopefully repeat the problem.  Otherwise I'll probably never be able to find the random occurrence here and there.

November 30, 2009 8:36:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bman654,
Yeah it takes abit of processing each sim beat to check the health of the minions.  I've optimized it as much as I can.  If it eats up too much of your cpu you'll have to disable it.

And if you notice the circle not refreshing or something, save the replay and send me a link to it along with the approximate time of the error so I can view the replay and hopefully repeat the problem.  Otherwise I'll probably never be able to find the random occurrence here and there.

Sure, next time it happens, I will save the replay. It only happened once, so i cant be sure it will happen again.

About the slowdown, I dont know if it is your mod's fault, because I have enabled the Rampaging Minion Overlay, the Godlike Team Panel, and Chirmaya's Rollover Ally info, all at the same time. It has to be all of them together.

But the slowdown is not much, at least for me, its totally playable.

November 30, 2009 9:10:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The rollover ally info will cause slowdown but it should only be while you have the mouse over an ally.

The team panel currently should cause the most slowdown because it is updating on every screen refresh - I have a new version I am working on that only updates on every sim beat which should make it play nicer.  This is the one that is probably the culprit.

The minion overlay will cause no slowdown if you have no summoning totems (or summoning abilities whenever I get that implemented).  Once you have summoning abilities, it should be very minimal impact but as you add more minions to the field, it will take up a bit more time as it has to update each minion.  I don't have anyway to measure the cost but I don't think it is alot.  It will be interesting to see when I update it for abilities like Oak's ward--that can produce something like 10 minions which means you could have 16 minions to keep track of?

November 30, 2009 9:19:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bman654,
The rollover ally info will cause slowdown but it should only be while you have the mouse over an ally.

The team panel currently should cause the most slowdown because it is updating on every screen refresh - I have a new version I am working on that only updates on every sim beat which should make it play nicer.  This is the one that is probably the culprit.

The minion overlay will cause no slowdown if you have no summoning totems (or summoning abilities whenever I get that implemented).  Once you have summoning abilities, it should be very minimal impact but as you add more minions to the field, it will take up a bit more time as it has to update each minion.  I don't have anyway to measure the cost but I don't think it is alot.  It will be interesting to see when I update it for abilities like Oak's ward--that can produce something like 10 minions which means you could have 16 minions to keep track of?

aaah so the team panel is the culprit.....Busted!

I consider the team panel neccessary (I cant play without it, its absolutely great) and I dont want to disable it. And ofc the slowdown is small, so it doesnt bother me.

Anyway, I am really curious how you could get this mod to display all 16 minions, health and status, to Oak. Also, dont forget about Erebus, he can have 16 minions too. I cant think of any way you could fit 10 more green/red circle dots in the UI, without obstracting any important UI display.

All in all, great work so far bman! Your 2 UI mods + Chirmayas UI mod, are the best mods in Demigod yet.

November 30, 2009 10:38:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I plan on putting the 10 dots around the ability that makes the minions.  I *think* they will all fit--I might have to shrink them a tad.

November 30, 2009 11:25:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not convinced health of the individual units in the large armies (Oak and Erebus) is really necessary.  I think it would be cluttered and unclear.  I mean who micros their spirits based on their health?  Besides, the dots would be so small, selecting the ones with low health would be difficult and tedious.  I'm not convinced it's necessary.  Just knowing the count would be most helpful.

For the small armies (Sedna/QoT/Occ?) it think it would be nice to have 4 dots around the icon.  This will fit easily and clearly.  These armies are actively summoned and the units are more burly, so it's useful to know whether or not your guys are about to die so you can summon more.

I would reccommend skipping the health dots for Oak/Erebus.  Or at least prioritizing getting the number posted for everyone, then do health dots of Sedna and QoT.  Displaying health for all the spirits and nightwalkers doesn't seem too critical.

Just my two cents.  Thanks for the outstanding work.  Your mods have completely changed the way I play the game.  Keep it up!  Thanks!

November 30, 2009 11:40:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree fully with joe_the_dragon.
Good work keep it up, this is a great mod!

November 30, 2009 1:14:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not convinced health of the individual units in the large armies (Oak and Erebus) is really necessary. I think it would be cluttered and unclear. I mean who micros their spirits based on their health? Besides, the dots would be so small, selecting the ones with low health would be difficult and tedious. I'm not convinced it's necessary. Just knowing the count would be most helpful.

For the small armies (Sedna/QoT/Occ?) it think it would be nice to have 4 dots around the icon. This will fit easily and clearly. These armies are actively summoned and the units are more burly, so it's useful to know whether or not your guys are about to die so you can summon more.

I would reccommend skipping the health dots for Oak/Erebus. Or at least prioritizing getting the number posted for everyone, then do health dots of Sedna and QoT. Displaying health for all the spirits and nightwalkers doesn't seem too critical.

Totally agree. I would love when i play Oak or erebus to see how many spirits/night crawlers I have. But their HP almost never is something i pay attention to, because erebus can spawn minions for free, and Oak's wards cost very little mana. Also they are too many (10 minions max) so it is not so bad when 1 or 2 die.

While, QoT, Sedna and occulus need this HP circle. But the important for Erebus and Oak, is the number of them.

November 30, 2009 1:17:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Love the changes man

November 30, 2009 1:40:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm with joe_the_dragon

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time: