The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[REL] Health and Mana Text Toggle

By on November 20, 2009 3:57:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What this mod does: This mod makes it so clicking on your health or mana bar keeps the text visible after the mouse moves away. Clicking them again will revert the text to normal behavior.

This is a UI mod. So, you can use it even if the other players you are playing with do not have it.

Please note: I am releasing this mod personally. This mod is not approved, nor is it supported by Stardock or Gas Powered Games. Any problems you encounter by using this mod should be directed towards me.

To use: Navigate to your Demigod/bindata folder and create a new folder called Mods, if one does not already exist. Then, unzip the contents of this file to your mods directory.

http://sorian-ai-mod.googlecode.com/files/Health%20and%20Mana%20Text%20Toggle.zip

+27 Karma | 17 Replies
November 20, 2009 4:05:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the release.  Is this persistant between games or do I need to re-click at the beginning of each round?

November 20, 2009 4:06:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

might want to move this to the demigod modding folder.

November 20, 2009 4:18:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is not persistant between games.

Can't move the post, don't have mod access here.

November 20, 2009 4:24:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i don't either, but i can move posts

Click on my posts.  Then edit.  Then change the category and save. 

November 20, 2009 4:29:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice! Thanks Sorian

November 20, 2009 4:34:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Between this and the TB fix, you're awesome Sorian!

November 20, 2009 4:43:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WOW You OWN dude!

Thank you Sorian.

November 20, 2009 4:48:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I figured out how to mod by using the better boots of speed example he provided... some of this is really easy and intuitive to do!

Thanks again!

November 20, 2009 5:02:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
I figured out how to mod by using the better boots of speed example he provided... some of this is really easy and intuitive to do!

Thanks again!

Excuse me, but where is this sample mod of "boots of better speed"  ??

I didnt get a sample. Can you post a link to it?

November 20, 2009 5:20:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
November 20, 2009 5:30:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

perhaps you could give us some tipps about how to work on scripts. which tools we should use and if or how its possible to debug them.

November 20, 2009 6:22:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thx!

November 20, 2009 6:25:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know enough to be able to create a community balance mod now... but it wouldn't be all that quick for me to do.  I think the UI stuff is the coolest and would be the biggest benefit to the community, but that I have no idea on... much more complicated. 

A cookbook for sorts would be beneficial for coding.  All I did reverse engineer Sorian's code to some degree, but I'm happy to share what I learned... I'll make another post for this shortly. 

November 20, 2009 6:51:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i would really prefer sorian to give tips because he certainly is the one with the best knowledge. i can look at the code as well and get some info out of it or make some modifications but there are things you just wont be able to get to know by just looking at examples (i.e. how to debug)

November 20, 2009 7:03:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sigh....i cant figure out the code.

I can open the LUA files and change some values to modify an already existing mod (like Sorians Boots of Speed), but i cant create something from scratch.

Can someone write a tutorial for us noobs in modding?

November 20, 2009 7:34:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just finished one, morph... should get you moving:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369633

Oh, and I agree - Sorian surely knows tons better than me, but take a look if you like

November 20, 2009 7:35:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think at first you should become familiar with lua itself. try to google some tutorials, hello world and so on...

http://www.lua.org/download.html

thats the page to start. download lua. scite is included and a nice editor as far as i can see. i have tested 2 others (textadapt and luaIDE 2010) and they were both crap/early stage.

in scite dont forget to name your file .lua. else debug/run/compile wont work.

http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/

there you will find the manual for lua. i dont particularly like the syntax but it propably has its strengths as every scripting language.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.