The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Stardock Listens, no more AI in Pantheon Tournaments

By on November 13, 2009 10:52:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The community has spoken and once again Stardock has listened and taken action.  As of today we have removed the adding of AI Players to a Pantheon tournament when there are not enough players to create a match. 

We have had much internal debate on this topic over the last few months and a decision has finally been made to remove AI Players from Pantheon tournament matches.  This was largely due to the Demigod community's repeated requests for us to make this change happen. 

Now with this change, let it be noted that if there are not enough players in the queue then a match will not be created. So your wait times for a match may increase depending on how many people are (or are not) in the queue.

We hope you enjoy the change..

+50 Karma | 52 Replies
November 13, 2009 10:59:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

(btw. I hope the System won't still do 3v1 match ups, this time without AI?)

November 13, 2009 11:47:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's a small step for a design change but a big step for the community!

Thank you! 

November 13, 2009 11:50:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just add Crucible back in and allow 1 v 1 again

November 13, 2009 11:59:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,

oh god, i hope not so!

November 13, 2009 12:01:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Much internal debate?  This really is such a no-brainer I can't understand why it took so long. 

November 13, 2009 12:04:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then can you please listen some more and not implement the new favor items which basically buff the most used favor items in the game and make others even harder to compete with.

November 13, 2009 12:07:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GnomeChomp,
Much internal debate?  This really is such a no-brainer I can't understand why it took so long. 

People dont want to wait a long time for Pantheon games, and they also don't want to play with AI. It's a catch 22 because with our small community you're either going to have to wait a bit or play with AI.

November 13, 2009 12:12:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no it is no catch because people are waiting because of to few palyers, and one of many reasons there are so few palyers is that they don't join because of the risk getting ai

November 13, 2009 12:16:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uhm, I was just matched up against an AI

November 13, 2009 12:17:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Part of the reason no one wanted to play Pantheon was BECAUSE of the AI - it wasn't a catch 22, it shot itself in the foot right at the start.  Its like the devs banked on not many people playing Pantheon - way to have confidence in your own game.

November 13, 2009 12:18:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Reduced 35%Original 1680 x 1020

ROFL

November 13, 2009 12:25:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And again

November 13, 2009 12:45:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,

Quoting HorseRadish,
reply 3

oh god, i hope not so!

Well I do not want to wait 15 minutes if there is 9 light and 1 dark for another dark to show up I would rather have it launch 1 v 1 I want to play the game not sit and wait for a 2 v 2

November 13, 2009 12:49:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you be sure it's not an AI replacing some asshat who left?

November 13, 2009 12:54:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm, The match making code is not adding the AI players.  What I am guessing is happening is that a player is exiting and being replaced by an AI player. 

This can happen between the time that the Match is made (and handed off to the host) and the time the client joins the game.  Because the Host (and potentially other clients) are already going into the "Launch Game" mode there is no turning back.  And if one of the players drops during this time the player is replaced by an AI player.

With this scenario I am not sure if there is anything we can do at this point.

November 13, 2009 12:57:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a great move now....could we get an update on when we get those new Gods?

November 13, 2009 1:08:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Soon.

November 13, 2009 1:16:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

T-Man is 1 v 1 now a option what can we expect with this change team wise? Will it launch a 5 v 5 if 5 light and dark are in the cue.  What maps are in the rotation Brothers? Mandela?

November 13, 2009 1:18:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting T-Man,

Hmmm, The match making code is not adding the AI players.  What I am guessing is happening is that a player is exiting and being replaced by an AI player. 

This can happen between the time that the Match is made (and handed off to the host) and the time the client joins the game.  Because the Host (and potentially other clients) are already going into the "Launch Game" mode there is no turning back.  And if one of the players drops during this time the player is replaced by an AI player.

With this scenario I am not sure if there is anything we can do at this point.
Ah ok, I didn't look at the player info screen for those games.

November 13, 2009 1:36:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

frikin great news

November 13, 2009 2:14:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great change.

November 13, 2009 2:26:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome to hear

November 13, 2009 3:06:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,
Crucible 1v1s are back, just one won on crucible but it doesn't seem to have counted. *shakes fist at demisword for crashing/disconnecting/quitting*

November 13, 2009 3:19:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like 1v1 reporting is still kind of wonky... two 1v1s in a row I've won, but one showed up as "incomplete" (the one where demisword dc'd) and the other showed up as a loss when the other guy quit before the 5 minutes were up (it's N/A so it doesn't really matter, but it's still odd). It's still better than playing AIs though.

November 13, 2009 3:44:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ye will play more panth now! regarding wait time if you consider the games that have been made only for 1 team to have AI on it and concede, and you having to repeat the process.... well it wont be more now;)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.