The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Concede>Quit>Quit

By on October 25, 2009 7:25:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this it? Three times today 2v2s we won simply weren't recorded, and the same series of events always preceded it:

Player1 concedes

Player2 quits, ending the game

Player1 quits before stats appear

No record of said game

Have I just played too much and lost perspective here, am I on crazy pills, or is it really that simple? Naturally this occurs after having sat in a lobby for half an hour to get said game started in the first place.

+37 Karma | 12 Replies
October 25, 2009 7:41:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

in 2 v 2 it is that simple.  There's also a reason I didn't make a post like this and its not because i cheat...

Heaven forbid more people in our small community learn how to ruin the game more often. 

October 25, 2009 7:45:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting. Would be pretty bad if you could actually prevent a recorded loss that way.

October 25, 2009 8:35:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ya.. doesnt always happen that way, but it definitely can.  I always message the players after the game if I hit end game instead of concede, lest they think I'm cheating (has happend 2 times I think? :/ ).  Honest mistake to hit it.. but almost always conceding right before the citadel dies means you are trying to make the game not count.  A safe assumption is to assume anyone who concedes with less than 2-3 minutes left in the game is attempting to manipulate stats by not having the game count. 

October 25, 2009 9:17:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well... untill the ladder gets fixed, i aint taking stats seriously.

October 25, 2009 10:55:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting AmaZinG_HerO,
well... untill the ladder gets fixed, i aint taking stats seriously.

i agree.  But only if other people accepted this as well. 

October 26, 2009 2:14:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All... here's the one thread where I will vaguely spell things out.  Wooooo.  Here are the current exploits to dg.  These are 100% confirmed by me (as in I could cause any of these exploits at will if I wanted to - BUT I WON'T).   

• A variation of the host disconnect exploit is still live (eg host quits the game and only he is the winner). 
  • Desync (players change dgdata on the fly)
  • Desync players change dgdata using another method.  This method results in desyncs that occur 10-40 seconds after the exploit is activated, typically when a system event occurs (like all flag control occurs). 
  • 2v2 Win even if you lose

I have fowarded all of my data to the devs/pubs on what causes these issues AND I personally do not use ANY of these exploits.

October 26, 2009 10:33:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Weird.

I could see the motivation to cause one of these events if you gained $500 every time it happened.  Heck, even $5 would be a motivator.  I just don't see the lure for it currently...  better stats?  You get a higher win %?  hmm.

Right now the only stat that I see have an effect on a game is Games Played.  I notice that pacov has not shared his trick to this one!!  Keeping his cards close...nice. 

October 26, 2009 10:41:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it is interesting, this game seems allways to have a solution ready how to fuck up stats and ranking. a masterpiece! this is indeed unique.

October 26, 2009 10:43:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I could see the motivation to cause one of these events if you gained $500 every time it happened. Heck, even $5 would be a motivator. I just don't see the lure for it currently... better stats? You get a higher win %? hmm.

I agree.  Doesn't make any sense, and is really pathetic. 

October 26, 2009 12:12:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
All... here's the one thread where I will vaguely spell things out.  Wooooo.  Here are the current exploits to dg.  These are 100% confirmed by me (as in I could cause any of these exploits at will if I wanted to - BUT I WON'T).   

A variation of the host disconnect exploit is still live (eg host quits the game and only he is the winner). 
Desync (players change dgdata on the fly)
Desync players change dgdata using another method.  This method results in desyncs that occur 10-40 seconds after the exploit is activated, typically when a system event occurs (like all flag control occurs). 
2v2 Win even if you lose

I have fowarded all of my data to the devs/pubs on what causes these issues AND I personally do not use ANY of these exploits.

Thank you pacov! Finally someone i can trust cleared things up!

I want to ask you; Does frogboy knows about all that?

And how did they repond to you after forwarding these data to them? Will they try to fix anything? Can frogboy make a post about this please?

October 26, 2009 1:11:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And how did they repond to you after forwarding these data to them? Will they try to fix anything? Can frogboy make a post about this please?

I don't know that fixes to these issues are a high priority.  It could be that they are too difficult for them to resolve.  We saw a partial fix to the host disconnect exploit some time ago based in some part on data I provided, but what didn't get fixed allows for the 2v2 exploit.  SD says thanks when I forwarded data to them and at one point fixes to these were high priority.  I'm not sure if that's the case anymore.  And to be clear, I don't know because they haven't told me anything directly about exploit fixes (nor do they need to) or made a post about existing exploits. 

My overall thought is that the less people that know how to cheat the game, the better.  And even knowing the specific exploits that are possible will now cause some people to assume that people are exploiting in these ways, even if they are not. 

And yes - the only reasons to use any of these exploits is for stats, because you are a jerk, or to try to get back at someone in game for beig a jerk. 

October 26, 2009 2:21:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My overall thought is that the less people that know how to cheat the game, the better. And even knowing the specific exploits that are possible will now cause some people to assume that people are exploiting in these ways, even if they are not.

I agree. And i think that obsenitor shouldnt have made this post..... now some ppl will start exploiting the game even more

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.