The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigods prepare to go out to the public

By on October 17, 2009 1:44:30 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image The two new Demigods are getting close finally. And we’re very excited to start playing with them.  Since we’re going to want to do some “play testing” to nail down the balance before they end up being foisted out on everyone, we’ll be releasing an update to Demigod in the next couple of weeks that will allow us to add these new ones to a person’s Demigod account.  They’ll be able to play it online in regular games with others and we’ll see how they work out.  As we nail down balance and such we’ll expand out access to it until everyone who has Demigod can access it.

+912 Karma | 163 Replies
October 22, 2009 9:25:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wanted it cleared up

October 22, 2009 2:13:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Where does all this hate come from? I've seen some cheaty money grabbing moves by game studios in my time and the amount of hate does not even come close to this. While Demigod is just fine and is even GIVING AWAY Demigods. 

tl;dr Celmare shut up, you don't even give arguments for your hatepoasts.

totally agree: has anyone here experienced the money-vacuum The Sims 3 Store?

or perhaps an exorbitant monthly fee to play an MMORPG?

the list goes on...

however, i did notice that after updating the game, my framerate dropped to low levels, and was unchanged by reducing graphics options. (although this might have been cased by something else, as a game that wasn't working recently started to work) i tend to update things in groups so i can't be certain that the game update caused the problem, and i play many other games so i don't always notice changes immediatly.

October 22, 2009 2:54:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

(troll removed)

id honestly love to see you working with a engine like demigods and produce faster and better results

October 22, 2009 8:55:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how are you able to get to play the new demigods early?

October 23, 2009 3:08:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PonderousWu,

by patients and arse sucking my padawan,.

October 23, 2009 3:31:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,

Quoting PonderousWu, reply 129how are you able to get to play the new demigods early?

by patients and arse sucking my padawan,.

LOL

October 23, 2009 10:41:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,

by Patience and arse sucking my padawan,.

Fixed

October 23, 2009 12:00:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

taking the ship up to singapore on monday...no more reception....anyone know if telstra wireless next g has international roaming?

October 23, 2009 3:58:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Well, at first the only people who will have them will be people from Stardock and GPG.  From there, it'll be largely people who volunteer and have Ready to Play set up so that we can get ahold of them to try them out.

If you don't already have Ready to Play, sign up on that page with the email your Impulse account is set up on and we'll add you prior to the Demigods being ready for handing out to people.

I signed up for Ready To Play, but there is no available download link...

October 23, 2009 4:05:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WarlokLord,
I signed up for Ready To Play, but there is no available download link...
You get it via Impulse. You need to activate pre-release versions, in order to see it. If it's not there then, then you manually have to add it (with your key) to your account.

October 23, 2009 6:19:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,

Quoting ScythianUA, reply 118omg...did not they produce them until now?Oo

it is actual ridiculously =/

this game will begin to be good only after 20 DGs...and they only do only two in a year ??_??

it must them be ashamed for such low productivity =/

interestingly will somebody reminisce this game when will Icefrog produce a new DotA with valve or not?

biggest DotA-copy fail...

ur so stupid i got LoL and HoN ...and everyone picks the same heroes...theres nothing special about having 40 heroes that are all exactly the same as DOTA just with new names and graphix.

p.s DEMIGOD ISNT A DOTA COPY....

Well more or less everyone picks the same demigod and avoid the same demigods. One reason I started with QoT  as my first was so I wouldn't be like everyone else. And I truely enjoyed using her, and still will after the little number of things about her that need to be tweaked are.

Quoting Spooky__,

Quoting WarlokLord, reply 134I signed up for Ready To Play, but there is no available download link...You get it via Impulse. You need to activate pre-release versions, in order to see it. If it's not there then, then you manually have to add it (with your key) to your account.
I got that activated but it still doesnt show it

October 23, 2009 8:56:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

how do i sign up for this beta? i have both demigod and ready to play. So do a few of my mates. Would love to test it out at a lan with them if possible

Edit: is tehre any kind of eta on when this will be available for all?

October 24, 2009 2:49:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got that activated but it still doesnt show it
And did you manually add it too?

October 24, 2009 3:24:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

I got that activated but it still doesnt show itAnd did you manually add it too?
explain?

October 24, 2009 10:38:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
explain?
"Register Product" under "My Games" in Impulse.

October 24, 2009 2:18:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,

Quoting VitaNova,
reply 71
take off the should pads, it looks way too similar to erebus on my account...let's make things as unique as possible. WOWIII and IV had those nexus games and stuff similar to that with a whole bunch of unique heros, I am more than confident that we can do better. Please don't let this game go....

in my opinion they look very diff...ereb has very buff shoulders this assassin looks purrrrrfect  , hes a assassin nice and sleek look at erebus hes thin yes, but hes also very buff omn the armor side of things.

I see you're point in making the character look buff, but why not "more dangerous"?

I'd love it if it where spikes instead of the pads. I do know that he only looks similar to erebus because they're from the same frame work, so I understand that part. Again, spikes!!!

October 24, 2009 6:21:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Quoting synnworld, reply 139explain?"Register Product" under "My Games" in Impulse.
It's already registered.

October 24, 2009 9:40:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
It's already registered.
You already registered your Ready to Play key?

October 24, 2009 10:49:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Quoting synnworld,
reply 142
It's already registered.You already registered your Ready to Play key?

I found the Ready To Play registration part, but I never received a key. I`m "signed up".

Hmm. As a beta perhaps the roster of users is thus far limited?

October 24, 2009 11:53:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ready to play invites get sent out periodically. It's not real time.

October 25, 2009 3:44:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks good, indeed. Some other screenshot of it with different camera angle or, if you will, non-that-frontal angle, would be much appreciated. Looking forward to this new DG!

October 25, 2009 4:42:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,

Quoting Colonel_Jessep, reply 28Hmm, I send my request for Ready to Play to you when Frogboy posted about it the first time. Haven't got it yet...

I'll try again.

check ur email? im sure you have... i have 1 for my and 5 for friends in my email if you would like one?..

http://www.stardock.com/products/readytoplay/regrtp.asp once you have the cd key this website will explain step by step how to install it.

for all of you who are having trouble with ready to play and you cant be botherd reading through the post....

October 25, 2009 5:15:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been playing a bit of LoL. And I had played a bit of HoN too. In my opinion, I like HoN the least, and Demigod and LoL both have their merits.

My biggest beef with LoL, the Ultras being too powerful, has been scaled back it seems. You don't drop in a single hit anymore, which makes for some more interesting skirmishes.

There are 2 other things I like about LoL. The Meta game with persistant 'summoner' levels, Runes, Talents, ect. It's a nice costimization option.  The other thing is that the Creeps are mroe then just Fodder. They'll do signifigant damage to you, they take more hits... There's is just less of a varaity compared to Demigod.

Then of course Demi has all the things that make it uniqe, Flagging, Favor items, upgradable creeps, more robust and Specable heros. (LoL heros will always have the same skills no matter what at max level.)

I would like to see Creeps be more of an obsticle in Demi. I havent tweeked with the game options for it much yet, but maybe if there were more options for it too. I know you can make them stronger, but then you'd have to make the towers stronger too...  Can some more additions to options there be made?

October 26, 2009 12:12:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HappyWulf,
I've been playing a bit of LoL. And I had played a bit of HoN too. In my opinion, I like HoN the least, and Demigod and LoL both have their merits.

My biggest beef with LoL, the Ultras being too powerful, has been scaled back it seems. You don't drop in a single hit anymore, which makes for some more interesting skirmishes.

There are 2 other things I like about LoL. The Meta game with persistant 'summoner' levels, Runes, Talents, ect. It's a nice costimization option.  The other thing is that the Creeps are mroe then just Fodder. They'll do signifigant damage to you, they take more hits... There's is just less of a varaity compared to Demigod.

Then of course Demi has all the things that make it uniqe, Flagging, Favor items, upgradable creeps, more robust and Specable heros. (LoL heros will always have the same skills no matter what at max level.)

I would like to see Creeps be more of an obsticle in Demi. I havent tweeked with the game options for it much yet, but maybe if there were more options for it too. I know you can make them stronger, but then you'd have to make the towers stronger too...  Can some more additions to options there be made?

having played alot of LoL i know what your talking about but ive seen giants drop people in demigod before

October 26, 2009 7:59:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.stardock.com/products/readytoplay/regrtp.asp[/quote][quote who="MixMagic" reply="147" id="2419752"]
Quoting MixMagic, reply 41
Quoting Colonel_Jessep, reply 28Hmm, I send my request for Ready to Play to you when Frogboy posted about it the first time. Haven't got it yet...

I'll try again.

check ur email? im sure you have... i have 1 for my and 5 for friends in my email if you would like one?..

http://www.stardock.com/products/readytoplay/regrtp.asp once you have the cd key this website will explain step by step how to install it.

for all of you who are having trouble with ready to play and you cant be botherd reading through the post....
Who says I just didn't missed the post?

I still need the reg number.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.