The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigods prepare to go out to the public

By on October 17, 2009 1:44:30 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

image The two new Demigods are getting close finally. And we’re very excited to start playing with them.  Since we’re going to want to do some “play testing” to nail down the balance before they end up being foisted out on everyone, we’ll be releasing an update to Demigod in the next couple of weeks that will allow us to add these new ones to a person’s Demigod account.  They’ll be able to play it online in regular games with others and we’ll see how they work out.  As we nail down balance and such we’ll expand out access to it until everyone who has Demigod can access it.

Locked Post 163 Replies +4
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 26, 2009 10:39:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We were assuming you already had the registration number.

October 26, 2009 12:49:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pleasssssse take this up in a private message or something lol every time i come check if someone has actually gotten the new demigods this thread gets bumped by registering for ready to play........

October 26, 2009 5:21:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^^^

October 26, 2009 7:46:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Typically I dont respond to post like this, but I had to respond to CelMare and his there "might" be a few game devs with worse support than stardock.  Here is a couple of developers that actually have bad support since CelMare is obviously not thinking objectivly or logically about this.

1. EA  - Seriously do I even need to try and compare them to stardock? If there were a book, with all the game devs listed, stardock would be the antonym of EA. EA has become the king of releasing a half developed title with 1/3 of the content, partially patching it months later(maybe), then releasing expansions so you can pay once again for the content that should have been included in the first place. They dont answer there forums, or any other version of support and have catigorically given gamers the middle finger on several occasions for voicing thier opinions about thier shoddy work and support. With EA its not a question of how much support as much as if you will get any. If its an issue with their DRM your sol.

2. SOE  - Sony support for thie games is close to non existant: EverQuest, EverQuest II, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, Star Wars Galaxies, The Agency, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, support is a joke in all of these games much less actually getting a developer to tell you what they are working on.

There are more, but honestly its not worth my time to post them.

Stardock has impressed me over the years with the support they provide and the ethical standards they have held themselves to. Perhaps if you removed your head from the sphincter it's in and actually take a look at other game companies support levels you might see that by comparison stardock is close to the top.

October 26, 2009 8:03:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The new two DGs look cool. That said...

Well while it is a good way to get players to sign up for Rdy to Play, for which this thread is becoming an ad, spoon feeding the DGs to the community is probably not the best approach.  I'm not a big fan of loading a new bell and whistle onto my comp everytime I want to add content.

Add to which that Frogboy, with the best intentions in his heart no doubt, said around the end of July, and I'm pretty close to quoting "the new Dgs would be out in a couple of weeks" makes me wonder 12 weeks later how long the people who DON'T sign up for Rdy to play will have to wait for the content.  Creating random haves & have-nots for an extended period of time probably not a good idea...

Although iirc, that was in the same thread where he discussed the long term plan that after this new Dgs would be released periodically but only the ppl who paid say $10 per DG or DG pair would get to use them-- ie you want em, you pay for em, and it does seem a fair way for the studio to do business & I'm very cool with that.  But this idea regarding the 'free' content seems... I dunno what the right word is... but its not a happy fun one.

I understand its for balancing/beta testing but the idea a lot of other studios seem to run with is: if the only things the players are complaining about is class balance, then we're doing okay-- because the players are ALWAYS gonna complain about class balance...

October 26, 2009 8:11:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You have to use ready to play?

So in order to play demigod I must install demi god, install ready to play, install ventrillo (no in game voice like counter strike) and install impulse.

ehhh

Whatever, new demigods are worth it

October 27, 2009 12:11:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol legend!

If you want to have a chance at getting the new demigods earlier than every1 else then YES you have to install Ready 2 Play. If they select you as 1 of the few people that will get them first.

If you dont install R2P then you will get them normally like everybody else. lol read frogboy's post.

October 27, 2009 4:43:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hahaha, they prepared a handy flow chart to make things easier Legend:

October 27, 2009 6:59:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had ready to play... uninstalled it LOL...I can look on server stats and see the some 8-10 games up anyway,

October 27, 2009 10:33:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
Hahaha, they prepared a handy flow chart to make things easier Legend:

Reduced 54%Original 800 x 804

Ha ha really nice picture!

October 28, 2009 5:49:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

great news !

October 29, 2009 9:55:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yay I'm ready to play... crap i need to get back to my school essays damn you college how dare you foul my schemes again lol.

October 30, 2009 7:43:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love how Furries are a pernament part of the internet now. =3

Also, give me mah new Demigods! 2 for free now, packs of 2 more later for $5 a set each, plz?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: