The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Buffing the Finger of God

By on September 22, 2009 8:52:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Finger of god seems mighty weak for a warscore ten purchsaable ability and quite a few thousand gold. Especially since it seems to be the exact same as heavens wrath.

How about a much more powerful version of heavens wrath?

My idea may have been influenced by previous discussions on the topic, but i thought i would try bring the subject up again. .

Frogboy has talked previously about being keen on flag that has an activated ability.

-----------------------

Idea.

1. Ability costs a bit more then it does at the moment. Perhaps 8k, enough to be able to buy if in need by selling some items. The choice between an artifact or the ability.

2. After purchase, it is activated through a selection box on the citadel menu. So an extra button appears only when you are next to the citadel, and click on the citadel. Much like buying an ability.

3. Casting the ability knocks back (instakills) all creeps but giants, damages for 1000, and does 1500 damage over 15 seconds in the area of the bolts vicinity, which is a very wide area.

4. Has a 1:30 minute cooldown timer and can only be activated by one person at a time. So anyone may activate it, if next to the citadel, but it has a team based cooldown.

--------------------------------

I am unsure whether the finger of god should be targetable,i.e. you can choose a location for it to damage with an accompanying target aoe icon

or simply activated i.e. when pressed the a lightning bolt connects with the citadel, and a pulse of electricity emanates out the top of the citadel, arcing out to all units in the sourounding vicinity of the citadel.

Thoughts on any of this?

+5 Karma | 12 Replies
September 22, 2009 9:53:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh come on.... 1000 damage and 1500 over time???

This is ridiculusly Overpowered

if this was buffed as u say, then 2 ppl would fight and 1 would wait to the citadel, cast the finger aaaand.....

SMITTER!!!

I think that just 500 damage with 60 seconds cooldown would be fine.

But i agree with everything else. Your idea is very good, because right now the finger of god just isnt worth it.

As it is now, I would only buy it in a game only if i had bought all the important citadel upgrades and there wasnt anyhting else to spend my gold to.

CHEERS!

September 22, 2009 12:40:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But one would have to be at the citadel

It's level 10 warscore, costs quite a bit 8-10k, and needs a player to activate it at the home citadel. Pretty late game kind of stuff.

The damage was such to kill an entire wave of giants over 20 seconds.

Giants are pretty overpowered too for what they are too, but i hate seeing nerfs in game

September 22, 2009 7:23:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Instead of falling from the sky it could ark from citadel ("moving" on the gound) . Reachin say up to 2nd archer tower or past fortress in front of citadel(on cata).

It could have enough dmg to kill catas and you could get it at warrank 8 say for 5000. Dmg no more then 1000 (700-800) would be good as catas are about 700 hp. With say 1,5 minute cast, so it targets every second wave of creeps.

Seriusly after towers are down there is no means to protect citadel.This would make the game a bit longer and interesting.

Before everyone was racing to get Hearth of Live, now we all racing for catapults. Having a mean to counter them would make the endgame a lot more meaning full. Coz now you would also need blacksmith 3 or 4 to ensure your catas can withstand this defence.

September 23, 2009 12:01:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it just needs to do more damage imo that would possible justify getting it if it did 1k damage instead of whatever it is now. I just can't see going for it over say catapults/gaints or a new equip right now.

September 23, 2009 12:36:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kitch45,
But one would have to be at the citadel

It's level 10 warscore, costs quite a bit 8-10k, and needs a player to activate it at the home citadel. Pretty late game kind of stuff.

The damage was such to kill an entire wave of giants over 20 seconds.

Giants are pretty overpowered too for what they are too, but i hate seeing nerfs in game

Protect those towers....  duh

September 23, 2009 2:36:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree finger of god is just too weak/random right now. A boost would be reasonable.

September 23, 2009 4:35:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i like these ideas.

how about: instakills all creeps but giants, and does 2000 dmg to giants,minions,dgs

cooldown: about 90 seconds

targeting:u pick a place where it will always fire every 90 seconds

u can change position, but must wait 90 seconds to avoid exploitation

the radius could be a little larger, but only for the instakilling effect, much like rook's slam, where it has 2 radius'

what do u think?

September 23, 2009 4:38:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oooooooooooooooooooooooor:

change it completely

"The citadel emits a powerful wave of energy every x seconds ad kills all enemy reinforcements on the entire map

September 23, 2009 4:40:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i really like colors all of a sudden

September 23, 2009 11:58:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kurthnaga,
i really like colors all of a sudden

whatever you are taking. take less.

September 27, 2009 6:15:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Instead of falling from the sky it could ark from citadel ("moving" on the gound) . Reachin say up to 2nd archer tower or past fortress in front of citadel(on cata).

Maybe even have it arc through the towers and be limited to th reach of the towers so u can't target the massive groups of guys trying to defend their own Citadel.

September 27, 2009 8:51:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is prob a wild idea but wat bout this functionality for finger of god.

"Whenever you attack your own citadel, the dmg you deal to it is channeled and hits everyone around your citadel for the dmg you dealt to it (or amplified slightly) but range isnt far enough to hit catapaults."

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.