The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Super Support Sedna Guide

By on September 8, 2009 1:12:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Super Support Sedna (A map specific build)

At some point in time, I’m sure you’ve seen a support Sedna. This build focuses on supporting your teammates without playing a front-line role. Some may say that it is weak since Sedna isn’t acting as a tank. Does it sound sort of wimpy? It’s better than you would think at first glance if done correctly.

Map: Leviathan

Leviathan is a fairly common map. The main reason this build works is due to the 15 MPS flag. You are going to need a substantial amount of mana for this build, so the flag will come in handy.

Favor item: Cape of Plentiful Mana

What? You’ve never used this favor item? It’s better than you would think. It gives you +400% Mana for 10 seconds, and it stacks with the mana regen flag. It runs on a 45 second cooldown. On Leviathan, this averages out to about 13 MPS without buying a mana helm. The mana regen almost rivals that of the Vlemish faceguard, and you get it at level 1! It’s like having a free mana potion every 45 seconds. Also, the Mana Cape is AoE. Everyone right next to you will get the mana boost as well when you cast it. They don’t have to stay next to you for the entire 10 seconds; it works just like the Wings of the Seraphim in this aspect. Your teammates only need to be close to you when it is cast. It’s like giving them a free mana potion.

Build order

I.                    Heal I

II.                  Healing Wind I

III.                Pounce I

IV.                Heal II

V.                  Magnificent Presence

VI.                Healing Wind II

VII.              Heal III

VIII.            Inner Grace I

IX.                Save Point

X.                  Magnificent Presence II and Heal IV

XI.                Pounce II

XII.              Pounce III

XIII.            Pounce IV

XIV.            Save Point

XV.              Magnificent Presence III and Life’s Child

(Insert Counter-healing where needed if opponents have priests.)

You should get Magnificent Presence as soon as possible. It reduces the cooldown of the Mana Cape, allowing you to spam it more. Plus, it allows you to heal more often. As an aura, it will reduce your teammate's cooldown. I only get one rank of pounce in the early game for the interrupt. Heal costs less mana than Pounce, and it heals far more than the damage that Pounce does. Pounce should only be used as a finishing move.

Items

Level I Priests

Banded Armor

Unbreakable Boots

Vlemish Faceguard

Level 4 Priests

Nimoth Chest Armor

Hauberk of Life

As a support Sedna, it’s important to assign your priests to the Demigod you’re supporting when you don't need them. You can do this by selecting “0” and right-clicking on the Demigod you’re want to assign them to. Also, be sure to run right next to your teammates when you use the Mana Cape. You’ll be a little squishy at the start with this build, so make sure you don’t engage unless you’ve done the HP math. Once you buy a Vlemish Faceguard, you'll have about 60 mana per second. You’ll have very few mana issues with this build and should be able to heal with few issues. This build starts off with significant mana regen, and this offsets the fact that you aren't using BotF.

Matchups

Sedna + TB:

This works really well with a TB. The healing should keep a fire TB alive, and the Mana Cape will help him keep Mana. The Mana Cape also stacks with Permafrost on an Ice TB. He is heavily cooldown dependent, so Magnificent Presence will increase his ability to spam.  It’s an excellent combination. This is the only one I’ve really tried, and it works very well. 

If two teammates both choose this as their favor item, they can benefit from both Mana Capes if they are activated 10 seconds apart. With a Vlemish helm on Leviathan, two Mana capes add about 60 mana per second for both Demigods if the capes are used sequentially as soon as the cooldown ends. In total, both Demigods should have over 90 mana per second with only an item slot and a favor slot taken. This is INSANE mana regen for only 2 slots each! This requires coordination and would work best with a premade. Can you say full heal spam with no mana issues?

In summary, Sedna supports her teammates through the following:

Heal, Healing Wind Aura, Magnificent Presence Aura, Priests, and Cape of Plentiful Mana

It works really well on Leviathan.

If you like it, please leave karma.

+38 Karma | 12 Replies
September 8, 2009 3:05:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice guide. One thing though: you'll want to get Scalemail as early as possilble. It gives 600 armor for only 400g. You can always sell it later on. I'd get it before or right after Banded.

I'm not a big fan of "Magificent Presence". 7% is almost nothing. It's like 0.5s on a 7s cooldown and 1s on a 14s cooldown. I usually prefer getting Inner Grace earlier. If teamed with a TB that has Staff of Renewal, it might be badass though, upto 37% reduced for the TB.

And typo: "This works really with with a TB" >> "This works really well with a TB"

September 8, 2009 9:13:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice post Epi thanks!  I typically go with Plenor on Levi due to the higher mana pool and regen.  Have you tried using that in lieu of vlemish?

j

September 8, 2009 10:52:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting jongalt26,
Nice post Epi thanks!  I typically go with Plenor on Levi due to the higher mana pool and regen.  Have you tried using that in lieu of vlemish?

j

That would be counter productive as this build here resolves around Cape of Plentiful Mana, which boosts + MPS.

September 8, 2009 11:59:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool ntropy, thanks for the clarification, that makes sense.

September 8, 2009 12:29:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Concerning Magnificent Presence, I usually get it because it reduces the cooldown on the Cape of Plentiful Mana. A 12% reduction of 45 seconds shaves about 5 seconds off. In my opinion, that is significant. Plus, it helps your teammates too.

And yes, Plenor doesn't really work with this build since the Cape of Plentiful Mana only affects your base MPS.

About scalemail, I'm a tad bit hesitant to put it in that early in my build. This Sedna has jack squat for HP at the beginning, since I don't take BotF and buy Monks instead of Banded Armor.

And it's about time we had more strategy guides around here.

September 9, 2009 11:23:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think warp cape and inner grace need to be a bigger focus.  You can get to your teammates much quicke effectively doubling the range of your heal.

Banded stacks well with priests, but scalemail stacks better with heal

September 9, 2009 11:33:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You get Scalemail in addition not instead of. 600 armor is huge vs any aa.

September 9, 2009 12:52:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think warp cape and inner grace need to be a bigger focus. You can get to your teammates much quicke effectively doubling the range of your heal.

If you're referring to the Cloak of Night, it would completely negate the focus of my build, since it's built around CoPM. You need mana in order to heal. My build creates a substantial mana regen, even from level 1. A Cloak of Night build can't get anywhere even close to the mana regen that my build does. I do get 1 rank of Inner Grace; if you feel it's necessary, you could probably substitute Magnificent Presence for it. I just feel like the cooldown reduction on CoPM is worth it.

September 10, 2009 11:33:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,

I think warp cape and inner grace need to be a bigger focus. You can get to your teammates much quicke effectively doubling the range of your heal.

If you're referring to the Cloak of Night, it would completely negate the focus of my build, since it's built around CoPM. You need mana in order to heal. My build creates a substantial mana regen, even from level 1. A Cloak of Night build can't get anywhere even close to the mana regen that my build does. I do get 1 rank of Inner Grace; if you feel it's necessary, you could probably substitute Magnificent Presence for it. I just feel like the cooldown reduction on CoPM is worth it.

hmm not sure but CotN might generate more mana over an entire game.

Some numbers:

Base Regen 2.77

Base regen with Copm 11.08 (for 10 secs) (base would be 2.77)

Base regen with Cotn 6.77 for ever.

With scaled and copm 27,08 for 10 secs (base would be 6.77)

with scaled and cotn 10.77 forever.

Copm with scaled over 45 secs = 507.75 mana

Cotn with scaled over 45 sec = 484,65

hmm since i calculated this while writing, i discoverd that looking at the start of the game, since later on mana get more stable, that Copm wins, however, if you forget to turn it on for 3 secs, then Cotn wins. With the added Escape button of Cotn, and the 250 Extra base mana.

I dunno might, im gonne stick with cotn

September 10, 2009 12:26:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You missed the entire point of the guide. It has to be used with a map that has a mana flag, like Leviathan. CoPM adds 71.08 MPS for 10 seconds. Over 45 seconds, this equals 15 mana per second at Level 1. Plus, as soon as you get a Vlemish, it will add at least 120 MPS for 10 seconds. Plus, it will be cast on nearby teammates when you use it. It clearly wins out over CotN.

September 10, 2009 12:49:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been using this build over the last three days on Levi and love it, as does my teammate when they're UB.

j

September 10, 2009 1:59:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to hear it! That's why I write these things. Let me know if you have any improvements, especially with the item choices.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.