The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Unclean Beast to powerful?

By on August 26, 2009 1:23:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It always seems that most players use the unclean beast and are nearly all powerful. I mean when ever i stack my armor it doesnt seem to help against that damn poison spit of his.

Does anyone else feel this way?

+1 Karma | 65 Replies
August 26, 2009 1:32:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Armor doesn't diminish spit at all.  Stack HP instead.  There are also a couple of ways to cure spit - Sedna's heal cleanses it, favor/purchase its can cleanse it too.

August 26, 2009 1:40:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

get health and health regen, the UB doesnt have much staying power. IF you feed him like all demigods he will seem very OP

August 26, 2009 1:44:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Against spit you need to stack health Regeneration Items. But against a good Bots or Staff of Renewal spitting beast. it is tough against a beast that has nearly unlimited mana to spit you to death. Or that can spit every 5 seconds.

August 26, 2009 2:53:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've never had much trouble handling UB, and I typically play with a low HP TB. 

Now, I haven't faced TB that often with lvl 20 vs. lvl 20 and both sides with artifacts.  I've heard it can be tough at that level.  But, most game don't reach such a state.

August 26, 2009 3:03:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Melric,
Armor doesn't diminish spit at all.  Stack HP instead.  There are also a couple of ways to cure spit - Sedna's heal cleanses it, favor/purchase its can cleanse it too.

HP is so fucking imba, compared to dps for example. oh man please fix this gpg!!

August 26, 2009 3:45:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If UB is too powerful it is certainly not because of spit.

August 26, 2009 4:08:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB can be tough but I would certainly not agree that he is "all powerful".

August 26, 2009 4:17:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright, i'll just need to find a good demigod and items to counter him. Don't get me wrong he is a cool character, but some players just spam his attacks.

August 26, 2009 4:45:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find  the ooze UB beast to be more powerful than the spit ones.Thats probably cause I play sedna a lot so can counter the spit with a heal.Achillwulf might try Sedna,she can usually go toe to toe with UB,and has the speed to get away if things go south.

August 26, 2009 5:18:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When my friends come over to play Lan, they ALL run when they see UB.  Any other DG, and they don't think twice about a fight, but with UB, they start clucking.  I have to admit, even as Sedna, I prefer any other DG to fighting UB. . .

UB is comming!

August 26, 2009 8:14:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

most pure ooze ub's i have seen suck really bad early game.

take spit early and ooze late for the win.

spit is really very very good for early kills, especially combined with ub's speed buffs + debuffs

ooze is very effective late game, fairly useless early game.

but yes i am +1 for a nerf to UB, he is way too powerful at killing enemy demigods.

any random noob can go 10-0 with him no problem.

August 26, 2009 9:03:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PurplePaladin,
When my friends come over to play Lan, they ALL run when they see UB.  Any other DG, and they don't think twice about a fight, but with UB, they start clucking.  I have to admit, even as Sedna, I prefer any other DG to fighting UB. . .

UB is comming!

Yep, that's me.  Nothing makes me tuck tail and run faster than an early-game UB or a late-game Sedna.  Actually, UB can be scary for an entire game--it seems hard to play him poorly.  I'd like to see both UB and Sedna slightly nerfed.

August 26, 2009 9:07:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree ooze does blow early game no pushing power and lack of demigod kills.The longer the game goes though spit becomes less effective and ooze starts to overpower.I believe the spit with ooze and stun along with the diseased claws and speed buffs combined late game make him a little too good against enemy DG's.The ability to stack health regen thru favor items and armor makes him one of the hardest to kill,agreed we all have the ability to stack health regen also.I't just really benifits UB more than others in my opinion.He does need some sort of nerf.

August 26, 2009 9:28:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Twinsen,
If UB is too powerful it is certainly not because of spit.

True.

I play level 1 spit, level 2 ooze, etc build and don't have HP concerns in most matches.  Sometimes BotF is a must for this build. 

August 26, 2009 10:24:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Problem with that build is lack of move speed which is one of UB's many strengths.

1 point in diseased claws is VERY useful for you and your allies for chasing.

I dont pick up ooze until the empty lvl 11-14 zone, the other skills are way too good at going on early game massacres - setting you up to be unstoppable late game - and you wont have the hp regen to sustain ooze very well early game anyways.

August 27, 2009 12:10:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Problem with that build is lack of move speed which is one of UB's many strengths.

indeed... speed is one weakness to my ub build (but countered in a very big way by poisoned dagger (20% chance on hit to reduce movement speed by 25% for 8 seconds) when you can choose that over BotF).  I'd still take the loss of health per second for the benefits ooze provides.  I lose 20 hps, but enemies take 35 dps with an attack speed reduction of 10%... once I hit level 4, I'm losing 30 hps, but nearby enemies take 70 dps + 20% attack speed reduction... and so on.  OR, at level 2 I could get inner beast (3% move + 3% attack) or again at level 5 another hit of that (7% move + 7 attack), but its not quite worth it by comparison.  Boots of speed alone would make up for the movement bonus you got out of 2 levels of inner beast.  So, by the time I'm level 4, my opponents can't hit me as fast as I can hit them (20% slow down), they take 70 dps for every second they are fighting me, and I can spit for 800 damage.  When I hit level 5, I get grasp.  So, its usually spit, grasp (so the damage takes) hit and spit again if possible. 

I personally don't think UB is OP.  Like someone else mentioned, any dg that is constantly fed kills becomes OP.  The only thing that probably needs addressed is Acclimation (level 15 skill).  Everything else seems very well balanced to me on UB. 

August 27, 2009 1:34:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apparently some in the community are so against beast that they will join your game, then indicate that if anyone is using beast, they must change characters... strange day so far...

August 27, 2009 2:41:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i would leave if i saw sedna + ub on prison in a 2v2

p.s. if you are used to always playing with a sedna team-mate that would make an early ooze build much more viable because you won't have to worry about hp regen so much

August 27, 2009 6:46:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

omg hes not OP like everyone is making him out to be. Its pretty much no one noes how to vs him.

Id be more worried about an exp'ed premade with LE and Regulus spike combo. (ive only vsed one of these b4, and its fun)

August 28, 2009 4:49:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
omg hes not OP like everyone is making him out to be. Its pretty much no one noes how to vs him.

Id be more worried about an exp'ed premade with LE and Regulus spike combo. (ive only vsed one of these b4, and its fun)

Or TB, Regulus... nothing worse than two good players that won't stand and fight v melee demigods

August 28, 2009 5:02:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I play ub a lot and he is a very good char, but he can be beat. Many times I find myself in tough fights with skilled tb's and sednas and find that I have to run. Some regulus players built for speed can kite ub as well.

August 28, 2009 6:51:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB is only OP against noobs. He is May be the third best DemiGod. With Erebus and Oak being better.

August 28, 2009 8:12:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I use to hate spit UBs but then learnt how to deal with them.

Now I just hate playing against a good Erebus!

August 28, 2009 3:36:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Nerf HP items, or buff dps items. UB is too strong because HP items make him too hard to kill.
August 28, 2009 4:42:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if UB's power level is over 9000, then QoT must be about 5000

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000860   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.