The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Preview: The Demon Assassin

By on August 10, 2009 12:33:21 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

clip_image002

Demon Assassin

Overview and Traits

Demon Assassin is a Melee Assassin fighting for the Forces of Darkness. He wields a sword and a knife in battle, the sword being his primary weapon.

The Demon Assassin is a highly mobile character who can quickly close the gap between himself and his opponent though the use of warp attacks. His Shadow Swap ability allows him to change positions with an enemy Demigod, throwing them back into their foes. His melee attacks are fast and have a passive chance to critically strike.

While mobile and able to dodge many normal attacks, Demon Assassin is susceptible to magical damage.

The nemesis to Regulus, the Demon Assassin is extremely fast and lethal.

Abilities

Warp Strike ??? Key 1

Activated ability. Warps behind the targeted unit and performs an instant attack. Damage dealt increases as the skill increases.

Deadly Warp

Passive ability. Warp Strike has a high chance to critically strike.

Spine Attack ??? Key 2

Activated ability. Launches a barb from his tail, attacking an enemy at range. Damage dealt increases as the skill increases.

Warp Area ??? Ultimate ??? Key 3

Activated ability. For a few seconds, Demon Assassin warps to nearby enemies and attacks them. While performing this ability, he is invincible. Number of warps increases as the skill increases.

Forceful Blows

Passive Ability. Smaller enemies near targets of Warp Area are thrown into the air.

Shadow Swap ??? Key 4

Activated ability. Demon Assassin swaps places with an enemy Demigod. Distance increases as the skill increases.

Passive abilities

Elusiveness

Demon Assassin???s chance to dodge normal attacks increases.

Demon???s Speed

Demon Assassin???s movement speed increases.

+912 Karma | 221 Replies
August 18, 2009 9:16:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I cannot wait .

August 18, 2009 10:57:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this demigod costs 100,000$ and we get it for free. sponsored by stardock. at least wait until it's there before you rant it into the ground.

---

Where information is from? The sum is too big i suppose.

August 18, 2009 6:35:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To every one cllaiming this DG wil be overpowered, have we even seem a graph that shows the armor, health, basic speed and mana of this new demigod?

I can imiagine this being a melee DG that has a few tricks without the raw power that UB has. As a UB player I know that some DG have tons of tricks up their sleeves, while the UB needs to get toe-to-toe and open a can of whoopass. This new DG has more tricks, so HP, mana and armor should be lower.Make them low enough and this DG is not overpowered at all.

August 18, 2009 7:58:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, it is funny how we have generated 8 pages of speculation, criticism, and a bit of whining without a single stat, video, or even the real name of this demigod.  Frogboy, can you help us out here?

August 19, 2009 3:07:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maff86,

this demigod costs 100,000$ and we get it for free. sponsored by stardock. at least wait until it's there before you rant it into the ground.
---

I'm pretty sure it was $10,000, not $100,000.

August 19, 2009 9:43:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I remember Frogboy saying something about DGs costing 10k too. 

August 23, 2009 8:15:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't really get why people say that, when the DA uses shadow swap, he's stuck with possible opponents afterwards.              I presume that he also can warp to his target after the swap with his warp strike, thus leaving the (biggest) danger and aiding, if not getting the kill on the swapped target, no?? 

Still, i'll love playin as this DG, something "new" is always good, atleast in my point of view.

August 23, 2009 10:34:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm, just saw that the description doesn't fit him: His melee attacks are fast and have a passive chance to critically strike.   While his passive says: Passive ability. Warp Strike has a high chance to critically strike. Now, since there are no passives that give him crit, either this means his auto attacks also can crit with that, or it's just warp strike, or they'll change a skill to put that in.

Thoughts on that any1???

August 23, 2009 3:02:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As far as people jumping to call overpowered, I'd like to point out that while his abilities seem pretty killer, it sounds like he's got a low damage output. One of his abilities shoots a single spine from his tail (which looks to have pretty dinky spines), while other characters have... what, shoot a meteor, boulder, forest of death-spikes, hammer the size of a small building, ect? Also, the warp-swap thing probably won't have  enough range to tower-gank someone early game, and by late game the towers matter waaaay less.

August 23, 2009 5:31:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pseudomelon,

Quoting Maff86,
reply 177

---

I'm pretty sure it was $10,000, not $100,000.

I believe it was $100,000 per Demigod. Maybe the process is more regimented & routine now, such that the cost is progressively less, but if so, by how much is anyone`s guess. Creating an animatable model and then the animations has got to be a major undertaking.

August 23, 2009 6:07:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WarlokLord,

I believe it was $100,000 per Demigod. Maybe the process is more regimented & routine now, such that the cost is progressively less, but if so, by how much is anyone`s guess. Creating an animatable model and then the animations has got to be a major undertaking.

Yup $100,000.  A ton of artist hours in some of these animation, effect, and models, as well as the programming.

August 23, 2009 6:42:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

100k is way too much. If we assume that a man hour costs 80$ (x200 = 16,000$ monthly which is exaggerated) and assume that 1 DG requires 500 man hours we will get to 40,000$ only. I do not think developers, animators and designers are paid this well or a single DG (with curent SDKs) takes that many man hours to build.

August 24, 2009 11:21:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh....a very very very annoying demigod

Shadow Swap sounds very nice....

August 29, 2009 8:30:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Quoting WarlokLord, reply 185
Yup $100,000.  A ton of artist hours in some of these animation, effect, and models, as well as the programming.

Hey, what are u talking about? It is not a hollywood movie! Just a lot of hard work in office and some profiessional devices which GPG already have im sure. I understand about high salaries in usa but not SO high! Cannot believe

August 31, 2009 9:34:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can obviously tell the favorite of the 2 new Demigods....since this one has 8 pages of positive reviews and the other has 3 of indifferent reviews

But can't wait for both of em....I just need to start playing again....been on a 4 month hiatus

September 3, 2009 2:10:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sweet, a 'new' hero with all his skills ripped straight from DotA.

September 5, 2009 4:45:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What would you say about League of Legends then?

September 5, 2009 10:09:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2v2 tactic...

this demi (shadow swap/warp strike) paired with ub (dps - ooze/spit/melee), high towers.

1. ub lures enemy into towers, while demon wait patiently for opportune moment.

2. ub stands at demons position b4 shadow swap (demon is at least in range of one light tower).

3. once swapped, ub grasps (meanwhile, high dmg light tower is striking the enemy).

4. during this time, demon warp strikes back to the target dealing burst dmg (and maybe use other skills).

5. UB spits, and demon spine attacks just in case of enemy flee.

should be enough dmg to kill opponent every time.

September 6, 2009 1:33:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
2v2 tactic...

this demi (shadow swap/warp strike) paired with ub (dps - ooze/spit/melee), high towers.

1. ub lures enemy into towers, while demon wait patiently for opportune moment.

2. ub stands at demons position b4 shadow swap (demon is at least in range of one light tower).

3. once swapped, ub grasps (meanwhile, high dmg light tower is striking the enemy).

4. during this time, demon warp strikes back to the target dealing burst dmg (and maybe use other skills).

5. UB spits, and demon spine attacks just in case of enemy flee.

should be enough dmg to kill opponent every time.
High towers in general are just a bad idea. They change the balance of the game far too dramatically.

September 7, 2009 2:14:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you and i differ in opinions then. I just like a challenge and high towers give me that ...

however my quote was mainly about the demon tactic, not just high towers. but im just pointing out that aspect.

September 7, 2009 11:23:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
you and i differ in opinions then. I just like a challenge and high towers give me that ...

however my quote was mainly about the demon tactic, not just high towers. but im just pointing out that aspect.
How do towers increase challenge? The protect your base too, the challenge comes from fighting the other players near the towers, the balance of which is altered when you change game settings.

September 11, 2009 9:11:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Murth,
Sweet, a 'new' hero with all his skills ripped straight from DotA.

yeah because dota was the first game ever created by mankind and it was the inventor of every single ability that was in that game, and everything henceforth made after it was merely a bad imitation. in fact as a race lets just kill ourselves off so dota can rightfully take its place since we're copying exsistance from it as well /sarcasm

why dont you go say that on the LoL or HoN boards they are direct copy and pastes even graphically haha

September 11, 2009 9:31:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How do towers increase challenge? The protect your base too, the challenge comes from fighting the other players near the towers, the balance of which is altered when you change game settings.

Yeah but I don't see that change as a bad thing.  It doesn't change the demigod-demigod balance, it changes your map tactics a bit more.  I agree that high towers doesn't make the game more of a challenge though, UNLESS you're one of the characters that are poor at taking down towers. Generally speaking I find games with LOW tower strength trickier, since all lanes can be pushed so much faster and the actual movement dynamics become more hectic.   High tower strength stabilizes the map I find.  All tower modes are worth trying out now and then for a change of pace.

September 11, 2009 9:36:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Damn double post.

September 11, 2009 12:33:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Damn double post.

You should be tarred and feathered for such an action!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.