The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Preview: The Demon Assassin

By on August 10, 2009 12:33:21 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

clip_image002

Demon Assassin

Overview and Traits

Demon Assassin is a Melee Assassin fighting for the Forces of Darkness. He wields a sword and a knife in battle, the sword being his primary weapon.

The Demon Assassin is a highly mobile character who can quickly close the gap between himself and his opponent though the use of warp attacks. His Shadow Swap ability allows him to change positions with an enemy Demigod, throwing them back into their foes. His melee attacks are fast and have a passive chance to critically strike.

While mobile and able to dodge many normal attacks, Demon Assassin is susceptible to magical damage.

The nemesis to Regulus, the Demon Assassin is extremely fast and lethal.

Abilities

Warp Strike ??? Key 1

Activated ability. Warps behind the targeted unit and performs an instant attack. Damage dealt increases as the skill increases.

Deadly Warp

Passive ability. Warp Strike has a high chance to critically strike.

Spine Attack ??? Key 2

Activated ability. Launches a barb from his tail, attacking an enemy at range. Damage dealt increases as the skill increases.

Warp Area ??? Ultimate ??? Key 3

Activated ability. For a few seconds, Demon Assassin warps to nearby enemies and attacks them. While performing this ability, he is invincible. Number of warps increases as the skill increases.

Forceful Blows

Passive Ability. Smaller enemies near targets of Warp Area are thrown into the air.

Shadow Swap ??? Key 4

Activated ability. Demon Assassin swaps places with an enemy Demigod. Distance increases as the skill increases.

Passive abilities

Elusiveness

Demon Assassin???s chance to dodge normal attacks increases.

Demon???s Speed

Demon Assassin???s movement speed increases.

+912 Karma | 221 Replies
August 11, 2009 4:40:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shade,
What's an ultimate?

It's a very hard hitting nuke. Usually costs a shed-load of mana, takes ages to cooldown, but is extremely damaging.

Reg's mines when maxxed out could be considered an ult, although I think the original intention was for his snipe to be an ult - it just doesn't scale well at late game though.

I'd absolutely love it if - either through devs or mods - each character finally got an ult 

August 11, 2009 5:17:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, Ultimates sucks.

Rather use my 4 skills in a battle smartly to win then wait 3 min outside of battle for the ultimate to finish cooldown and then enter and instakill someone.

August 11, 2009 5:29:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shadow Swap, omg, OP!!

August 11, 2009 5:54:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ ScottishAlien & Reaver

I cant understand why some people say Demon is overpowerd without any infos about damage, hp, mana, spelltime.., etc.....this is redicoulus !

and yes, u can find these abilities in Dota ! like 95% of all other abilities the DGs have ! WHO CARES ?

Dota has 100 heros, so its hard to invent a cool DG without crossing the Dota-pool.

the question is, how does the Demon correspond with the game, and YES, hes going to be a great ENRICHMENT !

-----------------

so dont care about "pessimistic guys", bad mouthing about things, they havent seen in detail or in action !

August 11, 2009 6:00:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you rly think they played dota and then came up with this?

Doesn't take a genius to figure a hero like this out, warping, teleporting it's a basic concept, which many games have used.

August 11, 2009 6:16:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It all looks great to me but I hope they add some niche to the spine strike. single target nuke isnt that fun.

Make it bounce split on impact and hit 2 nearby enemies for 50% of the damage as well or have it as a target ground so you actually have to predict the enemies movements to hit with it.

Or even cooler add a pushback effect to it.

August 11, 2009 6:41:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shadow Swap doesnt look that strong to me. Sure, its dangerous if its a 3vs3 on one line and he swaps with an enemy General but you all seem to forget, that not only the General is in a dangerous situation. You as the Assasin will have to face the same problems because you are also standing in the middle of enemey demigods. Standing between two enemys, (low) HP and even further away from your towers/base. Its also a skill thats probably quite useless if you are fighting over a flag in a 1on1 situation.

August 11, 2009 7:22:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shadow Swap – Key 4 Activated ability. Demon Assassin swaps places with an enemy Demigod. Distance increases as the skill increases.

IMO, this skill could turn out to be the most OP skill in the game. And i think i see ppl screaming at it soon after the demigod is introduced (i could be wrong, but from other MMORPG experiences this is what i predict).

if u have a relatively coordinated team, the chosen enemy to swap with will most likely end up dead almost every time.

combo these 3 skills: Shadow swap + Warp Strike + Warp Area ... with team burst dmg skills (depending on circumstances + light tower dmg).

i really like the idea but there has to be some sort of downside to this skill (health loss?).

Although, i will most likely use this character.

August 11, 2009 7:32:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exactly - why just last month I played a game where Shadow Swap was more a tool for the enemy than for me. I really hope this gets adjusted in the up coming patch. The online stats for this Demigod are also pretty horrible. 0% wins. 0%. This should be setting off alarm bells somewhere!

August 11, 2009 8:12:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just got an idea, because this demigod can already close range very fast with warps, he doesnt really have to have a range attack. so how about letting him a stealth ability, drains mana or health while activated or something like that.

I think it would compliments the other abilities better than a simple range attack.

August 11, 2009 8:40:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting X-Raider,
I just got an idea, because this demigod can already close range very fast with warps, he doesnt really have to have a range attack. so how about letting him a stealth ability, drains mana or health while activated or something like that.

I think it would compliments the other abilities better than a simple range attack.

id played a rogue in wow, and dont need to come to this game just to hear the zomg its invisibleeeeee nerf nerf nerf nerf

how bout we wait till he's out to complain about skills (this goes to the people complaining about the swapping skill)

August 11, 2009 8:41:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds like an interesting build for DG.

I don't think you can have any criticism at the moment, without the info on base stats and the base info on ability range, costs and cooldown.

This DG will likely be very weak in one on one melee and very prone to focus fire.

Look forward to seeing it in game.

August 11, 2009 9:14:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A demigod that is seemingly the antithesis to hp  stacking builds, valuing increased evasion and upping weapon damage and speed.

Sounds like an actual assassin to me

Any idea when we might get a preview of the light side one?

August 11, 2009 9:27:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This demigod sounds like a pumper.

August 11, 2009 9:55:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi all, first post here.

Been playing Demigod for awhile, just on SP though, so I don't have any experience in the Multiplayer component of this game. I am, however, an avid player of DotA, so I thought I would just drop in and give my two cents on this hero.

Firstly, a hero with a position swapping skill and a easy blink/strike. This combo is essentially gamebreaking. In the same Dota context it would be initiating Swap with VS and then using a Blink Dagger; imbalanced in my opinion. A hero with a potential skill such as Swap should NEVER have another escape followup, so I would suggest scrapping the idea of any further "blinks" for this hero. Any further levels for Shadow Swap should not increase range but decrease cooldown, 45/40/35 maybe? An ideal fixed range for this skill would probably be about thrice the tower's range. For the final level allow Swap to deal damage to all enemies within a certain range of the DA.

Another good replacement for WarpStrike would probably be something that does not DIRECTLY help the DA escape, maybe a small AOE slow/silence? Give or take, if the DA goes into gameplay Swap would definitely be his signature skill.

I think about the other skills and post back abit later.

August 11, 2009 10:32:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And holy hell at Shadow Swap. I see epic ganks incoming.

I think this spell is going to be a non stop frustration for a few demigods...

And think about how easy it will be to kill another demi at low lv with the swap in front of a tower.. oh shit..!

August 11, 2009 10:54:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Meanwhile and in my humble opinion... yep.. today I'm in a good mood... if this had been just to show the first preview of this new DG, this threat could have been locked from the very beginning.

Subsequently, the overall content posted on here does not essentialy look as malicious to me. On the contrary, I do positively consider the fact that many experienced users were foreseeing future unfair situations on the arena, because of certain new abilities. Main concerns seeming to be on 3 or more DAs mastering "Shadow Swap". Anyway, looking towards to further details on this promising DG!.

August 11, 2009 11:07:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just an idea for:

"Shadow Swap – Key 4

Activated ability. Demon Assassin swaps places with an enemy Demigod. Distance increases as the skill increases
 "

Teleport your opponent into your teammates mines.

August 11, 2009 11:13:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

JSachse

Especially voip teams will have great fun with this swap skill, doing things like this one

August 11, 2009 11:34:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JSachse,

something i no will be used now ... hadnt thought of that lol.

justifies y i think he needs some sort of negative effefct from this skill.

August 11, 2009 12:11:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By the way for those who find his evasion abilities and shadow abilities are all OP together, remember this isn't DoTA, you wont be able to have all of your skills maxed out; you'll have to choose.

I must say letting down the seemingly unrelated Spine Attack for better passive skills is a good call, but hey; Spit is a ranged attack on a melee char and has been part of UB builds since the beginning.

My guess on the skill tree (based on Rook's one, the other assassin with only 6 skills), while comparing with existing skill trees:

Warp Strike Lvl 1/4/7/10 -- Deadly Warp Lvl 15

Spine Attack Lvl 1/4/7/10

Warp Area Lvl 2/5/8 -- Forceful Blows Lvl 15 (As an ultimate, I'd rather see this skill as 5/10/15, but no other 5/10 skill has a different lvl 15 ability in the current game)

Shadow Swap Lvl 1/4/7/10

Elusiveness LVl 5/10/15

Demon Speed Lvl 5/10/15

Furthermore about the warp area skill, read the description right: "warp to nearby enemies"; I'm curious about the targetting of that one. Don't you think this lloks like a random AoE? You hit the skill button and the DA just hit whatever is in front of him, then the next, then the next, etc.? I just don't see how after being activated you can re-target the same skill with the currently implemented UI. Maybe just tre-issuing an attack command? We'll see.

August 11, 2009 12:42:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey, that non-existant, has'nt been released, never been played Demigod is OP    It's going to be the Chuck Norris of Demigods!  The sky is falling

August 11, 2009 12:52:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I mostly play as Regulus, and I have to say, UB and Erebus are already strong as heck against Regulus, adding this into the mix could turn more Reg players back to Sedna/Oak players.

Also, I don't play Rook, but this appears to royally screw over tower Rooks.

August 11, 2009 12:57:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ ScottishAlien & Reaver

I cant understand why some people say Demon is overpowerd without any infos about damage, hp, mana, spelltime.., etc.....this is redicoulus !

if u can quote me saying that this DG is going to be OP then i will applaude u, but since i didn't... please read the whole post before making stupid acusations.  i said that we should be discussing build options and synconization issues.  since we don't know what the helll his actual stats will be no one can call imba yet.

also the only reason i mentioned its DotA heratege is so that when they look a them for balance issues (since DotA has the exeriance factor on their side)  which i've already mentioned if u had actually read my posts

August 11, 2009 1:45:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

calm down, my mistake

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000953   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.