The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Knights of the Chalice: Old school D&D RPG has landed

By on August 9, 2009 7:50:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/index.htm

Title says it all really.  If you enjoy one or more aspects of the combat to Temple of Elemental Evil, Incursion, or the old Dark Sun games you'd do far worse than to NOT at least try out the demo to this even if ya don't feel a full game purchase right off the bat.  Roll 'em up and slay things turn based as a team just like the old days.  The game should be pretty stable(by all standards) but definitely report any weirdness encountered.

Who knows...depending on how Phase 4 and such rolls out I could reckon some convincing could be done to consider it showing up on Impulse down the line.

+1 Karma | 3 Replies
August 10, 2009 1:40:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I enjoy many of the old D&D games on the PC, but the graphics and fonts for this game are painful.  I play games with poor graphics such as Dominions_3, but Knights of the Chalice has graphics from the 80s. 

August 10, 2009 4:01:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

God I'd love a new version of Dark Sun...

August 10, 2009 10:06:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You do get used to the fonts and graphics---eventually you just stop noticing.  Granted, I play graphical Roguelikes and such, but still.    The gameplay was the main focus, and being indie, they went in the best direction they could wrangle at the time in terms of graphics.  I think the FAQ onsite explains the thinking somewhat.

Re Dark Sun:  There is something of a MMO'ish....thing....being actively developed for the Dark Sun side of things.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.