The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Dear Devs: Please make gunner range commensurate with level or...

By on August 9, 2009 2:56:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MisterHankey

Join Date 06/2009

please shift the towers away further from each other on Zikurat near the gold mines in the center.

Gunners should have range adjustments based on their level of purchase, just like heal abilities and the idols.

Played my first game on that map, where I was on the defensive side, and you just can't attack them without dying (DGs camping around them and towers firing away).

Once you have generals buying gunners and placing them on autoattack on the enemies towers (both sides), it changes the game in the first 2 levels. (looking at you salvias0).  When confronted with this, the offensive side of the argument is "they are minions".  On the defensive side "it's crying".  All the while the teammates, are silent, because they are "winning" and have the advantage after 3 levels, so of course they like it.

I don't want to be forced to exploit this on your map as a counter.  This game should be about strategy, not exploitation.

It seems the more I play this game, the more I see "children" exploiting the hell out of everything, and it makes me want to turn off my computer and go outside.

Locked Post 16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 9, 2009 3:08:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i haven't seen anyone complain about this before so +1 for originality

dunno which DG u play as, but whoever it is, just go and **** up the minions or demigod, they will be gimped if they buy them early game. if they micro them well though, your towers deserve to die. u can also buy tower regen to help them last longer.

its not an exploit.
its what siege gunner idols are designed to do.

August 9, 2009 3:20:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

By exposing it, hopefully everyone will start using it.

August 9, 2009 3:48:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is just the whole "Regulus can outrange towers at level 2" argument, but for minions. Just chase them away!

It's not an exploit, like ShakeNBake said, they're Siege Gunners, it's their job to take down towers from beyond their range.

However.. Range adjustments based on level of minions, I honestly say I like that idea a bit.
So long as it doesn't include making them have less range than the towers(Except maybe the level 1s), that is.

August 9, 2009 3:57:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't see how this could be considered an "exploit" in any way...

August 9, 2009 4:48:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It seems a good deal of these complaints come from the assumption that towers should be unassailable fortresses, and that games should last for days.  Those towers were not meant to be permenant.

August 9, 2009 4:56:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This one time, at band camp, I attacked the dudes attacking my towers, and they ran away. It was awesome.

August 9, 2009 5:10:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Those archers dont do much damage at the start, if you get tower regeneration it will take them forever to get the tower down.

August 9, 2009 6:36:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would love to see the range on siege gunners reduced, but calling them an exploit is ridiculous.

August 9, 2009 8:20:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you really not like range MisterHankey? Tower regen is you answer here, as already well stated. And if it takes this thread for to grasp that, then you need to play alot more mate.

Of all the things in the game to gripe about this has got to be the most obscure. Your entitled to your opinion but this thread and the Reg Imba thread that popped up recently have had the most odd points.....

August 9, 2009 8:35:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It seems the more I play this game, the more I see "children" exploiting the hell out of everything, and it makes me want to turn off my computer and go outside.

You must not have played an rts online before...

August 9, 2009 9:03:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think you are missing the point his only problem is with it happening on exile at the first lot of towers because the gunners can just stand at their tower and take out the other.

But as was said tower regen cit upgrade can help and universal gadet can keep the tower alive untill you are strong enough to take them and the tower on, or just get a range demigod to swap with you.

August 9, 2009 10:02:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

please shift the towers away further from each other on Zikurat near the gold mines in the center.

This is a much better option than reducing gunner range, which affects balance of 4 classes, I doubt anyone would be against you if your thread title and first line were swapped around.

August 9, 2009 10:30:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think he's saying it's fine that they outrange towers, but since the towers are so close they can take them out whilst being very well-protected quite deep within their own towers such that attacking the siegers with a melee demigod is suicide and you have no choice but to leave them be.

Ideally, siege units should be quite vulnerable to compensate for their range and damage but here they can basically do their job from the safety of their own base.

Don't get me wrong; I realize calling it an exploit is really pushing it, but this is probably a balance issue when towers are close like that.

August 10, 2009 5:26:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They are intended to do that... You can counter by buying such yourself or if you don't have any generals you should be able to kill them in another way

August 10, 2009 5:50:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Neilo,
Do you really not like range MisterHankey? Tower regen is you answer here, as already well stated. And if it takes this thread for to grasp that, then you need to play alot more mate.

Of all the things in the game to gripe about this has got to be the most obscure. Your entitled to your opinion but this thread and the Reg Imba thread that popped up recently have had the most odd points.....

So says the ranged Reg...

August 10, 2009 6:31:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes...and what is the problem with that? One of Reg's best tools is his range. At LvL3 range you can play hit and run with a DG that is outlevelling you and do some damage. By the time they come for you and get in range you can already be moving off.

If you play Reg and don't take range, then you are missing a vital part of the game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time: