The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Stardock & Ironclad make IGN's Top 5 Strategy games in the past 5 years list

By on August 1, 2009 5:21:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire ForumsExternal Link

Was strolling past IGN this afternoon and discovered this front page featurette listing the 5 best and 5 worst strategy games in the past 5 years. Both Galactic Civilization II and Sins of a Solar Empire are named in the best list.

Congrats to Stardock and Ironclad Clicky the external link for the article.

+527 Karma | 13 Replies
August 1, 2009 5:29:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well deserved.  All great games on that list.

August 1, 2009 5:42:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wahoo! Go SD & IC!

August 1, 2009 5:48:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hmm, an interesting list, my own personal choices would be...

World in Conflict.
Sins.
Gal Civ.
Dawn of War.
Supreme Commander.

How SupCom/WiC were left out i'll never know.

August 1, 2009 10:57:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Congrats! Well deserved!

August 2, 2009 3:16:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Congratulations indeed! A great honor, well deserved.

August 2, 2009 9:10:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is great news. Congratulations to both Stardock and Ironclad. Well deserved.

August 4, 2009 2:29:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heck ya thats great news!

August 4, 2009 3:17:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Congrats to Stardock

August 4, 2009 10:02:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Company of Heroes is a given.

Sins of a Solar Empire was expected.

But why not Dawn of War 2??

August 5, 2009 2:44:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Because it's not one of the five best games in the last five years.  

August 5, 2009 5:38:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting zigzag,

Because it's not one of the five best games in the last five years.  

This.

You'd have a better argument for Dawn of War (2004), and Im still not certain that should supplant any of those listed games.  Great game though (DOW1).

August 7, 2009 3:53:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Honestly the only game I've played that I'd consider putting on that list (of the past 5 years) would be Supreme Commander.  Never played WiC or DoW so I can't comment on those.  Honestly, though, I've found Sins was a holy grail after half a decade of drought since Warcraft III.

August 7, 2009 11:46:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Seriously I haven't even be able to play any other stragety game except for sins since it is another level of playing and the other games just can't satisfy

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.