The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Do conceded games get recorded?

By on July 21, 2009 3:31:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As the title says, do these games get recorded?

We were winning against a pair of extremely unpleasant individuals and when we started to turn the tide, they both conceded.

Worse still this game didnt record. Even worse still, this pair has a 91 game winning streak.

If this is a bug, it is somewhat unfortunate.

0 Karma | 24 Replies
July 21, 2009 3:35:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Was one of the other team the host? Games will be recorded if they last more than 3 minutes (or was it 5 minutes?), no matter how the game is ended. But there is a bug where the game is not recorded at all if the host simply quits the game before it is over.

July 21, 2009 4:59:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apika and Belier?

Yeah, I won against them as well, they didn't conceded, they "ended the game", instead of conciding, this will prevent the game to be recorded.

concede will make the game to be recorded

July 21, 2009 5:27:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kokujin,
Apika and Belier?

Yeah, I won against them as well, they didn't conceded, they "ended the game", instead of conciding, this will prevent the game to be recorded.

concede will make the game to be recorded

Dito... if its Belier and Apika, they host and then kill the game if they are losing.  On the bright side, I asked them if "this would count as a win if we beat them" and Belier responded "probably not" before we started the game.  So, I knew going in there would be a stat if we lost (but none if we won), but I was curious how good they were.   If you really care about stats, you should probably avoid a game with them... and keep an eye on players in general that have all wins... if they are hosting, there are decent odds that they might use an exploit.  Not all players with high win streaks do it, but my first thought is that an exploit is being used.  Take a screenshot next time.  I doubt Belier/Apika are going to deny it if it was them anyway. 

Also, I think there is a bug where you see the concede message if a host just quits the game (eg pressed END GAME instead of CONCEDE). 

July 21, 2009 6:06:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, I think there is a bug where you see the concede message if a host just quits the game (eg pressed END GAME instead of CONCEDE).
That's not a bug. When you quit the game, you automatically concede.

July 21, 2009 6:24:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, but if you are the host, stats currently behave differently on END GAME and CONCEDE  (no record vs a record of the match).  I get your point, though.  Perhaps not a bug per se, but inconsistent and an easy way to cheat the system. 

July 21, 2009 6:28:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apika and Belier? You read my mind Spooky!

It's very unfortunate - they're actually good players, but the amount of abuse they hurl out is kinda sad. An example of stats gone too far?

The stats don't really bother me that much to be honest - it's more about justice.

July 21, 2009 7:44:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Yes, but if you are the host, stats currently behave differently on END GAME and CONCEDE  (no record vs a record of the match).  I get your point, though.  Perhaps not a bug per se, but inconsistent and an easy way to cheat the system. 
Yep. Ridiculously easy. But I hope that this will get fixed with the next patch from GPG.

July 21, 2009 8:58:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sound likes a screenshot is badly needed for the Hall of Shame thread.

July 21, 2009 10:47:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey people, I just wanted to say that apika and I love hate abusing, but as long as they don't fix it, you can't do shit about it (aka we will never lose, and if you claim otherwise, some "men in black" will go to your house and put their fists in your childhood)

On a serious part, when Frogboy was asked when this shit was going to be fixed (as well as the achievements not recording correctly, see https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359385 ), he kindly answered;

"Dear Demigod community,

LOL.

Lovely, Frogboy"

No seriously, this "Apika and Belier never loses" is a big conspiracy organized by the New World Order, we always crashed as our opponent team takes advantange. LOL! Yeah seriously.

On a side note, it would be appreciated if you could stop leaving before the 5 minutes threshold, so we get an easy win.

Belier13

July 22, 2009 12:11:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Belier13,
Hey people, I just wanted to say that apika and I love hate abusing, but as long as they don't fix it, you can't do shit about it (aka we will never lose, and if you claim otherwise, some "men in black" will go to your house and put their fists in your childhood)

On a serious part, when Frogboy was asked when this shit was going to be fixed (as well as the achievements not recording correctly, see https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359385 ), he kindly answered;

"Dear Demigod community,

LOL.

Lovely, Frogboy"

No seriously, this "Apika and Belier never loses" is a big conspiracy organized by the New World Order, we always crashed as our opponent team takes advantange. LOL! Yeah seriously.

On a side note, it would be appreciated if you could stop leaving before the 5 minutes threshold, so we get an easy win.

Belier13

LOL ur going to get banned

July 22, 2009 12:26:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Belier13,

"Dear Demigod community,

LOL.

Lovely, Frogboy"

Belier13

It's people like this that ruin a community. Not only are they a poor sports to play with(because if they don't win, they disconnect), but their whole attitude is a put off. It's like you have a mentality of someone who is 12.  I can only hope someone from SD reads this and resets your stats, so your time ends up being wasted because your "winning streak" will be reset and mean nothing.

July 22, 2009 12:41:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,

Quoting pacov,
reply 5

Yep. Ridiculously easy. But I hope that this will get fixed with the next patch from GPG.

We are in agreement.  Also, Belier -

I dare say Belier will have the biggest win streak ever.  You CANNOT stop someone who hosts and drops a game if losing.  Well, you could if everyone that ever played them ever was great.  That would do it.  IMO, crap bugs like this completely ruin competative play.  Strangely, I don't have a problem with them when they are public and no one is denying using the exploit.  I wish there were no easy exploits, but I hope that maybe even the hotfix SD received might remove such a simple exploit.   

July 22, 2009 12:43:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL ur going to get banned

No... he won't.  He's not flaming or really saying anything all that offensive.  He's using an exploit that gives him an unfair advantage that ANY of us could use to ruin the community.  Do I like it?  No.  But is he even for a second denying that he's doing it?  No. 

Edit:  Also, I hope that someone from SD resets our stats when this exploit is eradicated.  I think we'll see that sometime within the next 1-2 months. 

July 22, 2009 3:51:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow! Cool!

What a great way to put a target onto your own back!

Karma for the first team to beat them and post the screen shot into the Hall of Shame! Happy hunting! Justice will be served!

July 22, 2009 9:16:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy clearly said stats will (probably) be resetted after they fix that "exploit", while favors will be untounched. So, you can keep on whining over my case, but you'll have to be patient.

And like I said, we do not use such exploit, we unfortunately crash both at the same time . (LOL, bullshit)

July 22, 2009 12:24:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No... he won't. He's not flaming or really saying anything all that offensive.

He's been banned from chat numerous times for being incredibly offensive. He just hadn't posted here before. Now he won't.

July 22, 2009 1:27:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what a couple of dbags.

July 22, 2009 2:56:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Kryo, it almost feels like someone just sprayed some air-freshener.

July 22, 2009 5:19:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kryo,

No... he won't. He's not flaming or really saying anything all that offensive.

He's been banned from chat numerous times for being incredibly offensive. He just hadn't posted here before. Now he won't.

I stand corrected.  Hoping that before too long, it will be impossible to cheat at stats!

June 2, 2011 1:28:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I don't know if this has already been answered somewhere, but is the issue fixed now? That if host disconnects instead of conceding, stats aren't recorded?

Moreso, I clearly won a game today and the host who was on the other side, disconnected. Worse, not only didn't I get a win, but a lose and leave percentage. In other game my team was also winning, but match got apparently desynced (by someone on purpose?) and game ended.

It's pretty ridiculous that these kind of bugs/exploits still exist. New players get absolutely decimated by this and get a very low win-rate, leading them getting kicked from every single game. This is shown by a small playerbase, when new players simply get frustrated and uninstall the game, which is completely understandable as long as these bugs exist. Whats worse than fighting an epic 50+ minute game which ends by some lame exploiter ending the game in favor of the losing team? 

(/rant.

So, any progress on fixing these listed issues..?

June 2, 2011 2:12:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The exploit still exists sadly.  The easiest way around it is to host your own games and have some integrity.  I feel the same way, though. 

Folks desyncing games is far less common as several bans have occurred because of that behavior.  Anyway, I know its frustrating - all the more if you are a new player and still fighting it out to get more favor points to unlock a new item, etc. 

I have a simple rule about 1v1s.  Don't join them unless you know the host.  Otherwise, host your own.

June 2, 2011 3:01:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the fast answer pacov. Kinda sad that almost after two years and a couple patches it's still possible to use the same exploits.. though it's good to know there have been punishments for those using them.

At least when I play, there are only max. 50 players online. It's way too low for a quality game like DG. Whats worse, it feels like Stardock has forgotten whole game. Really hoping this isn't the case..

June 2, 2011 3:22:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, if you are worried that the game is forgotten, take a look over here: 

http://forums.impulsedriven.com/407384

June 2, 2011 3:50:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's nice to be wrong There is still hope left..!

Thanks again (would've missed that thread otherwise!) 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.