The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Frogboy's end of June message

By on June 30, 2009 3:27:25 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Only a couple hours and I am out of here until next week! W00t!

Of course, my friends at Stardock and Gas Powered Games will still be around and they’re cooking up so many different things that it’s agonizing waiting for it all.

Lots happening around here. I have to write 60,000 words between now and July 31st for a book I’m writing to make the publisher’s deadline. There will be a lot info on that later this Summer.

The Impulse team is about to put out a massive 4th of July sale.  Over the last couple of months people may not have noticed that Impulse has started getting the rest of the major publishers on board. Activision is on there with Prototype and Call of Duty 4. Ubi Soft is on there with Prince of Persia, Farcry 2, etc.  Other titles are arriving as fast as the team can get them up.

With Demigod, we continue to formalize our the plan with developer Gas Powered Games on what additions and changes to make to the game over the coming months.  Pretty much every significant item that’s been brought up is on our list. Other journals talk about plans for v1.2 and beyond so I won’t spend time on that.  In the near term, v1.1 updates are the focus.

With one of the upcoming v1.1 updates, we are looking at having a tournament week once we’re happy with the robustness and fidelity of the stat system in the game. What we’d do is email everyone who has the game and let them know about it and have live updates on how it’s going.

Really though, that’ll be a warm up to what we are likely to see with v1.2 since 1.2 will have robust replay viewing support and such and then people can post the results from different games and such.

Anyway, I’ll be out of touch for a few days. Don’t burn the place down while I’m gone.  Have fun!

+897 Karma | 30 Replies
June 30, 2009 4:07:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Enjoy your break

June 30, 2009 4:11:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wanted to say, the tournament we just had was the most fun one i've participated in so far, GJ with the updates!

And don't drink too much over the 4th of july :C

June 30, 2009 4:15:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Enjoy your break, and good luck getting that book done.

I'll get the gasoline, someone else get the matches.

June 30, 2009 4:47:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Have fun Brad. I look forward to my vacation in 3 weeks, going to Puerto rico for a week. God, how I need this vacation.

June 30, 2009 4:48:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you Frogboy.

June 30, 2009 4:57:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are a great American and a true patriot sir.

Please enjoy your time off.  Don't check your e-mail; leave the phone at home; go off the grid!  We'll keep things running.  With duct tape.

June 30, 2009 6:45:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Enjoy a earned week away, Missing Frogboy already...now we wait for trolls to attack forum

June 30, 2009 8:08:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looking forward to the sale!

July 1, 2009 1:08:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting hughnibley,

Please enjoy your time off.  Don't check your e-mail; leave the phone at home; go off the grid!  We'll keep things running.  With duct tape.

I'll bring the bits of string, paperclips, and hostage MacGyver.

July 1, 2009 5:27:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm.. Ubisoft you say. Any chance they will put Anno 1404 on there without their nasty copy protection?

July 1, 2009 7:06:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Maybe Ubisoft & Activision could release their games for Europe on Impulse.

July 1, 2009 7:46:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting hughnibley,

Redneck.

July 1, 2009 10:59:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

@Spooky and Airforce - agreed to both of those suggestions.

July 1, 2009 11:46:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

RANDOM TEAMS

Please implement this as an option for custom games in 1.2.  Plz.

July 1, 2009 12:18:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Frogboy's real end of June message.

Just kidding!!

July 1, 2009 5:52:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WHOOPS!   I should NOT have played with TB while FB was gone. . .

July 1, 2009 6:12:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

we’re happy with the robustness and fidelity of the stat system in the game.

sry fragbot but....NOT

still happens that matches dont even show up. also when host gets a split(this doesnt happens often anymore but accures!) he will still get win and all other will get lost. (f.E. http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/692051/player/38730/ )

but ure fixing the right things, idols selling, hol abuse, its quite a fun to play now

July 1, 2009 6:27:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It helps if you read what Brad wrote, firegoesmp0w:

We are looking at having a tournament week once we’re happy with the robustness and fidelity of the stat system in the game.

July 1, 2009 7:10:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sry my english isnt my native language... but as i can read, there are two sub-sentences in this senctence....

so as i understand u want to have a tournament(phanteon?) once a week... and the seconds says that the stat system is stabile, which is just not true, its has gotten better, but when 1/4 match isnt counted its not robust ² me. but that can change in the eye of the betrayer :/

July 1, 2009 7:20:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"We will have a tournament week, as soon as we fix thet stat system."

July 1, 2009 9:05:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting firegoesm0w,
sry my english isnt my native language... but as i can read, there are two sub-sentences in this senctence....

so as i understand u want to have a tournament(phanteon?) once a week... and the seconds says that the stat system is stabile, which is just not true, its has gotten better, but when 1/4 match isnt counted its not robust ² me. but that can change in the eye of the betrayer :/

Once they are happy with the robustness of the system there will be a tournament week.

July 2, 2009 12:22:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy:

Really though, that’ll be a warm up to what we are likely to see with v1.2 since 1.2 will have robust replay viewing support and such and then people can post the results from different games and such.

No one commented on this?

That's the part I'm most excited about in the entire post!

July 2, 2009 1:11:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PurplePaladin,
WHOOPS!   I should NOT have played with TB while FB was gone. . .

ur getting karma just for the picture... somebody had to do it!

July 2, 2009 3:02:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That does'nt mean I'm a flamer, does it?

July 2, 2009 6:07:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it's a real shame that FB is reported to no longer be taking so much of an active role in the DG forums. The level of support and feedback has been awsome. Enjoy the break FB, you've no doubt earnt it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.