The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Valor flag the next "priests"

By on June 26, 2009 3:03:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Valor flag is bugged.

Basically when valor flag is taken it resets the opponents troops to their base hp, regardless of their possesion of another valor flag.  So when you take your opponents flag for the first time, and they retake it back - you lose the bonus of your own valor flag.

Now I find myself telling my teammates not to capture it just as I was asking them not to get priests.  It is not as game breaking as priests were, because it happens a lot later in the game usually and grunts have much less impact at that point of time, but it's a nasty bug none the less.  Also losing 30% hp (and very likely damage) bonus to your grunts in a situation where you have Giants and Catas is nothing to sneeze at.

I guess when you first take valor flag it becomes imperative to keep it locked non stop.

+3 Karma | 13 Replies
June 26, 2009 3:41:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't know about this. It would be great if GPG/Stardock could comment on this.

June 26, 2009 4:24:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, fix please.

June 26, 2009 5:30:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suggested to the folks at willitblend.com if they could put a Demigod Box Set in a segment

WILL IT BLEND?!

June 26, 2009 5:36:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting find - I haven't noticed this yet, but I'll be keeping my eyes open next game I have. If this as you've described it, it'll need to be fixed as soon as possible.

June 26, 2009 8:12:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The bug has actually existed for quite a while and been pointed out several times.. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been fixed yet

June 26, 2009 9:08:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah, search didn't work few days ago so I didn't bother to check.

[BUG] Capturing&losing enemy valor flag

By Posted February 22, 2009 07:46:43
If you capture enemy valor flag, your reinforcements get +30% boost as expected. But if your enemy captures valor flag back, your reinforcements lose about 60% of their health and probably damage as well(it's like you have lost both valor flags)."

Jesus Christ, February 22... That is 4 months since this bug has been spotted and reported in the appropriate forum.... and people bitch at me when I post that things don't get fixed as they should.

Original Thread Here

June 26, 2009 9:18:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If it makes you feel better, we've been complaining about the targeting issues (targets resetting if you get out of range, minions not attacking right, etc) since the beginning of beta (well for minions, when we got generals to play with). And they're just slowly getting fixed in the last couple of patches

Though.. that probably doesn't make you feel better.

June 26, 2009 9:37:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im quite sure the valor bug was fixed with 1.1.

Have you been able to reproduce it since 1.1 was released?

June 26, 2009 9:39:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have you been able to reproduce it since 1.1 was released?

Yes.

June 26, 2009 10:37:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Didn't notice this.  Will have to check it out.

June 26, 2009 10:48:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was wondering why my soldiers only had 300 HP.

June 26, 2009 10:50:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
If it makes you feel better, we've been complaining about the targeting issues (targets resetting if you get out of range, minions not attacking right, etc) since the beginning of beta (well for minions, when we got generals to play with). And they're just slowly getting fixed in the last couple of patches

Though.. that probably doesn't make you feel better.

i still quit various games with my friends because of this

June 26, 2009 11:01:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also happens with Celerity Flag. When you start on Cataract you get given one, but your CDs are definitely not reduced.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.