The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favor reset is totally ruined this evening.

By on June 24, 2009 4:59:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whoever had the idea to reset favor:

Well done, you've totally ruined my day. I hope you're happy now.

Morons...

+10 Karma | 90 Replies
June 24, 2009 6:18:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow. I am truly speechless here. Trying to collect my thoughts on this idea of putting in some hard work in a game. Really? Is this REALLY the case for some people? They feel like they have 'worked hard' to get their Favor and their Stats and when it is erased they want to take a 'break'? I just don't get it. This is a game folks and as such it is meaningless except for a brief escape from reality or to relax and to ultimately just have fun.

Let me sum up:

IT is a game
it IS a game
it is A game
it is a GAME

It will not help you to get a job by putting in hours on this game.
It will not help you to build muscle by putting in hours on this game.
It will not get you into the best schools by putting in hours on this game.
Doesn't bring you fame, fortune, true happiness, or love.

Doesn't get you any of those things.

If a game ever becomes about 'work' for you then you should uninstall it, turn off your computer, pick up a book and read, or pick up an instrument and play, or pick up the phone and talk to someone. ANYTHING.

It's about getting a life. Not making the game your life.

You....don't play MMOs do you.

June 24, 2009 6:18:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have no problems with resetting of favor. With stats all being reset, those with more favor will have a leg up as the 2nd Epoch begins. I support conistent wipes of favor with every epoch.

Otherwise, the end result will be a few months down the road everyone will have maxed out all the favor items, and more favor would be useless. This way is much more exciting, having to earn more favor and stuff.

This isn't an MMO.

Yep, I like having 0 favor again.

June 24, 2009 6:22:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You....don't play MMOs do you.

Played WoW for 3 years.

June 24, 2009 6:23:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i agree pls dont reset favor again

it favors  ppl that have no life

for me personally it is no problem except for the fact that i have to sit out games that are lost from the start,coz my team mates just dont have good enough items

ppl saying its 5 games only ,are the probably ones that are farming the guys that dont have favor yet

This will make noobs only noobier and it will last like weeks

Its just lame i dont see the point of it, i have enough favor myself so ive seen both sides

the whole idea of competitive play (something that doesnt exist in WOW or the likes) is a level playing field

i rather see favor turn into some score that doesnt affect the battlefield

like u get some nice outfit on your rook if u have x favor or something

June 24, 2009 6:24:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, Favor and Stats are linked.  They can't really have a new Epoch without resetting both.  Every time a new version or expansion of WoW comes out, most the items your woked for (for months or years sometimes) are obsoulete; just how games have to work sometimes when dealing with expansions, updates, and patches.

And yes, I'm guessing in the next Epoch, they will reset them again most likely.

June 24, 2009 6:26:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also think it was a poor choice to reset Favor.  Let me make a comparison:

Imagine if you had to pay 'favor points' to unlock the ability to take certain skills?  Without paying 50 favor, you cannot get Snipe 1, and it takes another 50 for each level after that.  Once unlocked you can use the skill like normal... but until then you have to play with just stats and maim.

Decreased combat effectiveness aside, it just wouldn't be as fun.

Consider the question "Why do you enjoy this game?" I would assume it is getting to play unique and interesting characters, using strategies, and playing as a team to defeat another team.  By taking away one or more of your gameplay options, you are for the most part taking away an element of what people enjoy about the game.

For example, i had just started liking the cool things you can do with cloak of the night, a 2000 favor item. Part of why I enjoyed playing a 'blink' erebus was being able to start with this item.  That ability is now gone, and I'll have to play a more boring vanilla version for a while.

Am I angry because my status as a player has been besmirched?  No, I just wanted to play the game in a certain way, and that way is no longer available to me.

June 24, 2009 6:28:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pls this isnt wow stop comparing to that

June 24, 2009 6:29:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Played WoW for 3 years.

And now you're bitter about the concept of "working" for things in online games?

June 24, 2009 6:33:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow. I am truly speechless here.

And yet, you somehow found a way to blubber a long non-sequitur.

I just don't get it. This is a game folks and as such it is meaningless except for a brief escape from reality or to relax and to ultimately just have fun.

You are in the recreational camp of gaming. That's fine. I'm in the competitive camp of gaming. To me, it's about honing skills, inventing strategies, and being a part of a community. You see this in go, chess, tennis, and even "Axis and Allies." Let's pretend that the FIDE chess rankings got reset, and all Grandmasters lost their titles. You could try yelling at them "ITS JUST A GAME LOL." They've worked hard to achieve a level of performance, and they've been recognized for it. Similarly, I've tried to hone my skills in Demigod. It's a hobby for me this summer. It's not my life. I never said it was. I've reached a level that I was happy at. Now, I have to do it all over again. I'm not going to spend time doing something I already did once. It's not fun for me.

IT is a game.

People make careers out of games all the time. I'm not even talking about just computer games. I'm actively involved with chess. I play competitively, because I want to be good enough so I don't lose. You can win money and make a living at it if you are good enough. Similarly, I've worked at Demigod to become good at it. I WANT to be good at it. People have hobbies and try to become good at them merely for the sake of becoming good at them. Merely because you view demigod as recreational doesn't make me a loser for taking it seriously.

June 24, 2009 6:37:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting InfiniteVengeance,

Played WoW for 3 years.
And now you're bitter about the concept of "working" for things in online games?

is fine to work for things like achievements etc

but it shouldnt affect the playing field

U like winning a battle just coz u got some imba item while the other guy has some shitty one? It bores me out of my skull

just let favor count towards something else; some sort award u can get, and make the items avail to all so ppl can use strategies as they see fit without mindless farming

June 24, 2009 6:56:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow, what a bunch of babies in this thread.

suck it up and play the damn game. I remember I played my first 10-15 games without even knowing what favor items were and I had no problems winning games. Some guy said this change "favors people with no life" , wtf you could say that about pretty much any game. Get over it and stop flooding the forums with useless crap and make threads about legit bugs k thx.

June 24, 2009 6:59:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well thank you for your constructive contribution

by your own definition your own post should be wiped from this thread

June 24, 2009 6:59:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Favor items affect the gameplay in some drastic ways (when the players who have them are not noobs). They are not simple achievements for e-penis size. I don't want to play against a rook with +800 life from Blood of the Fallen. I don't want to play against a Regulus with Poisoned Dagger. Just because some no-lifer spent his entire day after the patch, farming for his fav items. Some people don't have time for this shit, they play 1 or 2 games per day, but when they play, they want to have a fair game, based on skill, not on free time available to farm. This is not a MMO, ffs.

I hope this is the only time when fav points will be reseted.

June 24, 2009 7:11:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
It took me over a month to get all of my favor items. I'm taking a break, and I'm not sure if I'll come back. I put a lot of hard work into this game, and it was completely put to waste.
If you had no fun with this game, why did you play it in the first place?

June 24, 2009 7:12:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i have to sit out games that are lost from the start,coz my team mates just dont have good enough items

ppl saying its 5 games only ,are the probably ones that are farming the guys that dont have favor yet

I'm gonna repeat myself:

just play a couple of matches without favor items allowed if you don't want the enemy to have an advantage over you.

i had to play exactly two games to get my anklet back, and tomorrow i'm gonna play 4 more so i'll have BoF back.

And to those who cry about their hard earned stats:

A ladder reset is a totally normal event... in diablo people are looking forward to it, waiting anxiously to join the run for the first lvl 99 char.

I'm happy that i finally have the oppurtunity to get into the top100 fair and square,

and the top ranks are not blocked by some exploiters like razattack1337

June 24, 2009 7:16:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm gonna repeat myself:

just play a couple of matches without favor items allowed if you don't want the enemy to have an advantage over you.

i had to play exactly two games to get my anklet back, and tomorrow i'm gonna play 4 more so i'll have BoF back.

so explain to me

what is the point? why reset in the first place? or even deeper why tie those items to favor at all? why not release those items and tie favor to some cool sunglasses for reg? (fill in something w/e)

edit: just talking about the favor-items i can see why stats get reset

June 24, 2009 7:19:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So they reset the stats and favor standings, big deal.

After all the heartache Demigod has been through since launch I'm not suprised the devs settled on reseting everything and have everyone start with a clean slate. 

I'm sure that like me (wow for 2 years) Charvel1 had the same epiphany, It's a game.

Yeah you can have a "job" playing pro, but unless your on a sponsered PVP team your a gold farmer working a 8 hour shift sharing a computer with 5 others.

June 24, 2009 7:29:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I could have come on here and complained about losing my Favor items,  I did'nt "prefer" they took away my items, but they did; they reset everyones. So in the same time I could have used comming on here and complaining, instead I've almost got my Anklets already in playing a couple games. 

June 24, 2009 7:34:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why tie those items to favor at all? why not release those items and tie favor to some cool sunglasses for reg?

i see, yes you are right there could be more or better uses for the favor points (sadly gpg isn't too giving on additional content right now  i'd really love costumes or sumthing like that).

they simply put it in to add some element of persistence between the matches, and failed hard because more expensive fav. items aren't better or are even weaker than cheaper ones, and you can get them all by playing one week or less.

i could live with them being free for everyone, just being an addition to the rest of the items

June 24, 2009 7:36:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting T-Man,
I know some of you are not in favor of us resetting the FavorPoints but because of earlier builds the favor point system was all messed up.  Many people did not receive favor points they should have earned and some earned points they should not have.
Because of this we felt that it was in the best interest of the masses to reset the favor points and put everyone back on an even playing field.  Once you get your favor points back up and buy your favorite item you can go back to squashing your enemies as normal.

what a crock. This is the second time, or third time ive had my favour reset. One of them was because of a bug that caused single player to crash until you gotrid of one of the files in your game directory. Yes the one that had all your achievements.

Basically they reset favour to force you to play more. 

To be honest I'm getting sick and tired of re farming favour....this will be the third time and I STILL havent bought any items yet. It makes you realise how fickle your effort is. You play to get good items....and in an instant ...gone...then gone ...then gone again you get the idea? Why bother. 

June 24, 2009 7:38:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree Creep, getting +15% movement so easily (with relatively little Favor) always feels odd.  You'd think it'd be 10% max.  Costumes would be cool; maybe a magic litter-box for Celia.

June 24, 2009 7:44:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Antikid,

so explain to me

what is the point? why reset in the first place? or even deeper why tie those items to favor at all? why not release those items and tie favor to some cool sunglasses for reg? (fill in something w/e)

edit: just talking about the favor-items i can see why stats get reset

I was thinking the same thing as I read through this thread. If favor wasn't reset here and there, what's the point of having it, except as an entry barrier for new players?

I actually like the idea to make favor points buy aesthetic changes to your character (different colors, crossbow for Reg, cooler looking beetles for QoT, etc). Make the current favor items just free for everyone, as they should be anyways, and will eventually be once everyone "maxes" out favor.

June 24, 2009 8:02:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shadow_Avenger,

I was thinking the same thing as I read through this thread. If favor wasn't reset here and there, what's the point of having it, except as an entry barrier for new players?

I actually like the idea to make favor points buy aesthetic changes to your character (different colors, crossbow for Reg, cooler looking beetles for QoT, etc). Make the current favor items just free for everyone, as they should be anyways, and will eventually be once everyone "maxes" out favor.

I agree completely, in a game of skill vs skill, why allow someone with a job (limited time)  to be at a disadvantage to a player without a job (ie has more time to farm). Make the favour items - chooseable and let it be a strategy item. and if  favour is going to be meaningless (i.e. can be reset at anytime)....do like the above poster said and make it cosmetic.

June 24, 2009 8:06:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Merely because you view demigod as recreational doesn't make me a loser for taking it seriously.

But actually it does.

June 24, 2009 8:21:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Charvel1,

Merely because you view demigod as recreational doesn't make me a loser for taking it seriously.

But actually it does.

Personal insults do not make arguments any better or worse. Can we please stay away from personal insults? Everyone has their passions, whether it be computer games or soccer. They're both games.

Anyways, I think favor needs to be changed, and changed soon. Items should not be bought with favor.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.