The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Great Oak Build

By on June 16, 2009 8:38:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is from a lvl 20 perspective: how you get to this point is up to you...

Abilities:

Raise Dead Ward 4 + Soul frenzy, soul power 3, Divine Justice 3, Surge of Faith 3, and morale 6.

Items:

(requires roughly 108k gold (which is easy to reach if you farm reinforcements/minions)) godplate, all fathers ring, Ashkandor, Girdle of the Giants, Mageslayer. Deathbringer, Orb of veiled storms, cloak of flames.

with this build your stats should be around:

10k hp, 5.5k mana, 3.5k armor (58.8%), ~700 weapon damage, 0.50(+66%) attack time, 6.9 movement speed, and you regen health and mana rediculously fast.

You don't have to spend the points on the raise dead ward but I don't play without my spirits normally because they are great support units and extra units to keep enemies busy. also minions help as well especially preists, I personally use the Ammulet of teleportation as my favor item. it lets you get ahead of the competition to flags and get away from them in a hurry.

+1 Karma | 19 Replies
June 16, 2009 9:34:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

um...the "how you get to this point" is really the only thing that matters. the level 20 stats are irrelevant. 

June 16, 2009 9:44:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're never going to get enough money for all that unless you're playing against the AI or the match lasts for well over an hour. This build just isn't feasible in a real game.

June 16, 2009 10:37:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I read this post at work, and immediately thought what transitive posted. At level 20, you have almost all relevent skills in the game, assuming you ignore Morale (which you did NOT do, to my chagrin). The whole POINT of a build, is managing to be effective at the important points in the game, generally including the start and continuing to the end.  Just lump piling everything on like it's a bucket o' skills is completely useless.

June 16, 2009 11:47:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm sure any set of skills with those artifacts will be good, this is a pretty bad "build" guide

June 17, 2009 12:17:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is from a lvl 20 perspective: how you get to this point is up to you...

wat.

June 17, 2009 12:22:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there needs to be a negative karma option

June 17, 2009 12:33:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't knock it too hard, I've used a similar build without the artifacts with some success.

June 17, 2009 12:35:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not sure anybody is knocking the build as much as saying that the post contains very little useful information because it describes a final outcome with no regard to the much more important process of getting to that point. 

the game IS the process. the way you level and the order you spend skill points and gold in is the heart of build strategy. omitting that is taking all the relevant information away from your build. 

June 17, 2009 12:36:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i hope this is a joke

June 17, 2009 1:08:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

obviously a guide by someone new to the game, but at least they tried to give back.

I've never posted a guide because I'm aware I don't play enough to post a decent guide - chances are they now realize there's a whole other level of playing they're not at yet. 

June 17, 2009 2:00:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

requires roughly 108k gold (which is easy to reach if you farm reinforcements/minions)

... and nobody tries to kill you
yeah it looks like a joke. I had never seen a game that would last so long. And Oak without Shield/Penitence at all... yes it's really a joke.

June 17, 2009 2:50:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aalex12,

quoting post
requires roughly 108k gold (which is easy to reach if you farm reinforcements/minions)

... and nobody tries to kill you
yeah it looks like a joke. I had never seen a game that would last so long. And Oak without Shield/Penitence at all... yes it's really a joke.

I think this is satire of some of the older, "buy X artifact and win, get these skills eventually" guides.

At least, I hope it is.

June 17, 2009 9:45:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

which is easy to reach if you farm reinforcements/minions

Minions cannot be farmed.

not sure anybody is knocking the build ...

Let me be the first - the build sucks.

No one laughing = it's a bad joke!

June 17, 2009 9:50:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stop feeding the troll. Move along people, nothing to see here.

June 17, 2009 2:08:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This build works really well when you get that dysnc error and all of the human players leave the game.

June 17, 2009 2:21:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whatever you are taking, take less.

June 17, 2009 4:28:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

THIS BUIlD HELPED ME WIN COUNTLESS MATCHES I AM NOW AN UBER PRO STORMTROOPER DELUXE KING OF AWESOMENESS.

THANKS NOVUSULTOR.

June 17, 2009 9:01:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, man, I owned soo many Single player matches with this build, it MUST be a good one. (/sarcasm)

June 19, 2009 4:12:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL OP is a troll.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.