The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Server-Client-System coming ??

By on June 9, 2009 8:39:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ARE THERE ANY PLANS FOR A SERVER-CLIENT SYSTEM ?

it makes no sense to fix the wrong system (P2P) instead of building the right one (Server-Client)

And pls dont say, that DG is P2P beacause other RTS are P2P !

DG is focused on 6-10 player games, not on 2-6 like other RTS.

Thats why DG needs much more upload than others, and thats why P2P sucks !

It's the best soluten for all players and for DG's future to change the system !

With Server-Client: much more players would be able to play 6-10 player games -> the Heart of DG ! And there would be no laggs because of other players !

so CHANGE IT !

YOU MADE THE WRONG DECISSION DURING DEVELOPEMENT, SO MAKE THE RIGHT ONE NOW !

thx for listening

0 Karma | 9 Replies
June 9, 2009 8:44:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YOU MADE THE WRONG DECISSION DURING DEVELOPEMENT, SO MAKE THE RIGHT ONE NOW !

you made the wrong decision making this thread.

It's the best soluten for all uneducated players and for DG's future is to change the education system !

im sorry, but i had to.

also forgot to add:

use the /serverproxyonly command in your desktop shortcut of the game. you can find more details of this in the forums.

June 9, 2009 8:45:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They may still try to do a pseudo-server/client system. As far as Demigod will be concerned it's still going to think it's P2P, but player connections and such will be through a server. We haven't seen many details about this plan, though.

June 9, 2009 8:48:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Isn't there a command line option where the host acts as a proxy? That's somewhat similar to client-server and iirc the bandwidth requirements for hosting in that manner are much higher than are feasible for the average user.

June 9, 2009 8:56:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i do not knwo what they did wrong when programming it, but the decision for p2p was right! that the increased upload of 6-10 is not the reason is obvious if you look at the same issues when we have only 2vs2 or 1vs1 matches!

the problems are elsewhere.

June 9, 2009 9:08:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I personnaly hope that Demigod does eventually allow Server-Client Hosting Soon.I live in South Africa,and sadly due to our poor internet options,the ONLY other people I can Play with Online are fellow South Africans without Suffering 400+ Ping.This whole P2P system seems wonderful until you hit a country Like ours,we do have kind people willing to set up local servers so as to help with our high latency but they cant do anything Unless Stardock allow them too.Its really Pathetic,I thought The internet was supposed to allow people around the World to play and chat together,but this p2p system has forced me and others to host with our Country's name and kick anyone too far outside the country(Or anyone using 3g) because we will share in thier Latency.Sigh...Btw,any idea when they are actually going to finish this game?(8 heroes and 8 maps?,that isnt a game its a friggin Mod/Demo)

June 9, 2009 9:15:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ Celmare

there are different problems.

but one probleme is the high upload in 6-10 player games....if you have less than 200 kb upload you can forget every 4vs4 or 5vs5 game. Server-Client would solve it - only one connection instead of multiple uploads

@ StAcK3D_ActR

ah the funny one ! educate yourself

i use proyservers, but thats not the same linke a real server-client system

June 9, 2009 10:18:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DemiCom - please check the forums for existings discussions regarding this.  You couldn't take the time to look.  I won't take the time to find them for you other than to say, they are out there.  You make some valid points regarding having a different infrastructure, but you are retreading ground that has been covered and not adding anything that hasn't been discussed.

June 10, 2009 6:54:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wud also like a dedicated server to play on, or even hosst it. Im sitting on a 10/10mbit fiber, and are suffering the same latency as i was sitting on 3g. This must b fixed! DG is a really good game. Me and my friends play 5v5 games, and we all have 24-26ms, and ppl wont join, bc it looks like we are on lan, when we are miles from eachother. We have fiber i tell u!

June 10, 2009 7:03:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and we all have 24-26ms

jealous! could i join??!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.