The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Who plays L4D?

By on May 22, 2009 11:48:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love L4D but haven't been playing lately because of the recent waves of idiots that just comes into a game and shoots everyone, spams and quit. Not to mention the rage quitters, yes, there are rage quitters in L4D.. sigh.. or, the most irritating, the players that thinks you don't need teamwork to survive and will just run off and do their own thing, then get caught by a hunter/smoker and expect the rest of the team to go rescue them.

So please, if anyone here plays L4D and doesn't do any of the previously stated, PLAY WITH ME!!

(and I'm currently running a 102degrees fever, so excuse me if I'm not making as much sense as I should.)

-Mish

+24 Karma | 47 Replies
May 22, 2009 1:08:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love L4D but haven't been playing lately because of the recent waves of idiots that just comes into a game and shoots everyone, spams and quit. Not to mention the rage quitters, yes, there are rage quitters in L4D.. sigh.. or, the most irritating, the players that thinks you don't need teamwork to survive and will just run off and do their own thing, then get caught by a hunter/smoker and expect the rest of the team to go rescue them.

So please, if anyone here plays L4D and doesn't do any of the previously stated, PLAY WITH ME!!

(and I'm currently running a 102degrees fever, so excuse me if I'm not making as much sense as I should.)

-Mish

Yes i agree! i hate does idiots to!
my nick on STEAM is SCORPION2000 and i play L4D alot from time to time! ^^

/SCORPION2000

May 22, 2009 1:24:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm on the L4D boat too. Usually play 1-2 rounds a night. Steam nickname is ProxyByRef. I've never left a game and always stick with the team. If anything, I love watching wipes. I do my best to avoid them but they crack me up when they happen. It's funny how everything gets so hectic, frenetic and disorganized as survivors start dropping one at a time.

Always play as Advanced. Normal is too easy but Expert is downright insane. Advanced is just right.

Oh, and Louis FTW!

May 22, 2009 2:09:47 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

A friend and I play usually at least once a day lately. Same friend I play DG with daily. We've just started playing the last couple of weeks and have noticed that even with a "Friends-only" game random people just jump in the game for a chapter then usually leave. We've gotten to where we treat them the same as AI, ignore them and help them only if they're playing "correctly" .

Anyways, we usually get our game on sometime in the US Central evenings. My nick there is, wait for it... DethAdder . And you probably have seen that sometimes mouthy Aussie Neilo around . I think he's BMF on Steam. 

May 22, 2009 2:59:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dude, I've just been playing L4D for the past 4 hours or so.. and on survivor mode, people kept quitting as soon as we lost. IT'S SURVIVOR MODE, OF COURSE WE'RE GONNA LOSE!! UGHHH How do people expect a team to get better and play better together when they keep switching members!??!?!

I propose we start a L4D clan and vow to stick it out! Who's with me!?

and DethAdder and Scorpion, I've friend requested you two. Axyun, Steam couldn't find your ProxyByRef name when I tried to add...

I don't want to put my steam name on here publically because it's not solely mine, I share it w/ my bf so I don't want to make it public till I get the ok from him. But it's a pic of Bush eatting a baby... so if you see that, that's me! lol

May 22, 2009 3:08:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I play L4D, based in the UK though so I can't play North Americans.

I have all Golds now on Survivor and done the expert campaigns so if you need some advice, I should be able to help.

If you get idiots in ur game just vote them out and restart, you can usually tell fairly early on.

Some Survivour maps require a decent team others its not so important.

May 22, 2009 3:09:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, I guess my alias is set to ProxyByRef however my original account is under axyun. Try axyun or Axyun. I changed my alias to ProxyByRef after several cases of people having a hard time trying to pronounce Axyun however the account is still called axyun.

May 22, 2009 3:13:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok I got you Axyun.

Anyone up for a game? I'm online, just send me a message.

May 22, 2009 3:24:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i quit gaming online cause its no that fun any more. in todays gaming society there are 2 kinds of ppl, true gamers and the fad-gamers. and its these fadist that ruin it for the gamers.

May 22, 2009 3:36:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RavenHunterX,
i quit gaming online cause its no that fun any more. in todays gaming society there are 2 kinds of ppl, true gamers and the fad-gamers. and its these fadist that ruin it for the gamers.

yeah. I agree. Trolls, dickwads, quitters and spammers. Ughhhh

May 22, 2009 4:44:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bump.

Oh and the name is Fetus McMuffin. Add mee.. if that doesn't work, then try Metalphor.

May 22, 2009 4:49:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RavenHunterX,

I guess I'm just lucky but I really don't have very many problems with people online. I've played a lot of L4D and have only come across total a-holes maybe 2-3 times, about 4-5 rage quitters and only occassionally get the guy that runs off by himself only to get killed by a smoker or hunter.

To everyone who responded to this thread:

I'm on US east coast and I will be on in about 2 hours after I come home from work. I will send you all friend requests if you don't mind. Maybe we can team up for some demigod games too, either public or passworded.

May 22, 2009 7:01:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I play! Tag "Alwaypwns" (because I do (sometimes*)) You will know it is me since I have the same avatar as on these forums.

There are some annoying people, but overall most or more funny than annoying. The funniest thing I have seen on L4D was when an 8 year old kid joined on our team one time. Funny for two reasons... One, because the game is rated M (17+) and the kid said it was his favorite game. Two, because the kid wouldn't stop singing in a high squeaky voice into the mic.

*on occasion

Edit: although I won't be playing tonight... Hulu uploaded season 3 of SG1 yesterday, and I have to finish it first.

May 22, 2009 7:18:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I play as.... EadTaes

Add me any time.

May 22, 2009 7:25:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Love the L4D. It was my first steam game and im pretty pleased overall. Ya All the retards that plague the servers are troublesome. With just a little patience you can normally get a decent group. They are a minority don't forget that. The less they upset and desturb you the more you win and they lose. Good Gaming.

MightyMite is me L4D name.

May 22, 2009 8:12:53 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

And you probably have seen that sometimes mouthy Aussie Neilo around . I think he's BMF on Steam.

WHO CALLIN MOUTHY YOU SUMBITCH! I'LL PAWNZ U NEDZ...GRRRRRR!!!!!!

......smart arse.

Yeah i like the sound of forming a clan MishYu..I'm BMF on steam...feel free to add me.

And that Dethadder guy, whatch when he heals you...he hits you first...every time..

May 22, 2009 8:16:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To EadTaes and DarkCloud:

I tried adding both of you to my friends list but neither EadTaes or MightyMite can be found. You sure those are your steam account names?

May 22, 2009 8:39:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

K, I added Neilo, but EadTaes, Darkcloud and Alway, can't find you guys. We need your Steam account name to add, not your L4D names.

If anything, add me, Metalphor.

May 22, 2009 8:41:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As for the L4D Clan.. lol lets come up with a name.

*REMINDER: There are two people on our steam account, so in the occassion that my bf is on instead of me, don't be offended if he doesn't recognize who you are.*

Members so far are:

-Mish

-Axyun

-Neilo

-Deth Adder

Anyone else interested, let me know.

May 22, 2009 9:02:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Axyun and I are about to start a match, anyone up for one, join us!

May 22, 2009 9:08:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You forgot to mention the idiots I call commandos - they join the game, start barking orders and get pissed if everyone isn't doing exactly as they say.  They are the holy masters of l4d and their word is second only to the word of god.  When a commando is a noob, its the worst possible combination.

May 22, 2009 10:47:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sorry Just played its Mighty Mite with the space.

May 22, 2009 11:52:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DarkCloud,
Sorry Just played its Mighty Mite with the space.

Mighty, I still can't add you even with the space.

May 22, 2009 11:57:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man, Axyun, his brother and I just had the best fucking L4D games EVER!

I really wanna see this clan take off because that was the most fun I've had on L4D in a long while. Thanks Axyun and dont_shoot_me. lol

But please... can I NOT be the black guy next time? >.> lol

@Tidus - and yeah you're right, I hate those fuckers. I do tend to get bossy and I'll admit it, but that's not to be a bitch and I don't DEMAND that everyone does what I want, I compromise and ask other players what they want as well. Just sometimes, in the heat of the moment, I'll say something in a bossy tone and some players take that the wrong way.

Oops?

Also, here's an idea, how about we have our first official clan game this Sunday? I'll try to stay sign on all day and whenever you guys get online, just message me. We'll try to get a game rolling.

Once again, the name is Metalphor.

May 23, 2009 12:00:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, I have a clan for all people from SoaSe & Demigod.  It's called Cult of the Idlebot.  Add me, my steam name is ¤CI¤ Urcuchillay

May 23, 2009 12:03:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey.  You can add me to it.  I usually play vs. though.  PM me and I will send you my steam id.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.