The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Regrets. Regrets. Regrets.

By on May 9, 2009 8:26:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Top 3 games you regret buying.

Nothing worse than paying good money for a crappy game. Ughhhh

1) Mirror's Edge

2) Spore

3) Age of Empire III - Ugh.. I just bought this last night too. ughhhh

+24 Karma | 209 Replies
May 16, 2009 9:18:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting EviliroN,

What are you talking about!?!?!??! The Witcher and Mass Effect ARE AWESOME!!

witcher... horrible combat mechanic, stupid story, i hate any rpg where you have only 1 choice of character, and all you do is RUN!

mass effect... was OK, but expensive and once again you run through that stupid citadel all the time, the combat was ok, and why are there only 3 different underground/space lab levels? the repetition became annoying.

has anyone found any really good mods for Galactic Civilizations 2? maybe something like an unofficial patch that really makes the game better?

http://forums.galciv2.com/328531/page/2

For some reason the other links weren't working at the time, but it's a fan made full blown expansion pack to GalCiv2. Check it out, and look up more information on it.

May 17, 2009 12:31:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

thanks i will try it out

May 17, 2009 4:01:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1) Stain Vs. Martians - I was expecting a simple quick stratagy game, but what i got was a bugged out, unbalanced zerg-rush.

2) Spore - The only thing that might make this game better is new adventure pack - but I am hesitent to spend any more money on it

3) Civ 3: Colonization - just like Civ 4 but not fun, I didn't know that was possible

May 17, 2009 7:19:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm gonna say

1: Neverwinter Nights 2.  I LOVED the first series and played it and all the expansions.  Something about NWN2 has just not interested me, though.

2: Star Wars: Empire at War and Forces of Corruption.  The game has potential, but the combats get way too tedious for me.  Taking over a single system is way too difficult.

3: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.  I longed for a super hero game after i got tired of City of Heroes.  This got good reviews.  It was too simple and not what I wanted, though.

I'm going to go against the Master of Orion 3 hate, however.  I did buy the game when it orginally came out.  I didn't like it at first, either.  It sat on the shelf for years unplayed.  I had a copy of MoO2 that I played sometimes instead.  Then recently I was looking for a game that would let me model the type of setting and combats from the Honor Harrington and Starfire book series by David Weber.  Sins of a Solar Empire is fun, but doesn't quite pull it off without lots of capital ships.  Galactic Civ 2 is also fun, but not what I wanted, either with the lack of tactical combat.  Then I remembered MoO3, and it's large scale of managing an empire.

I found that MoO3 has been heavily updated and modded by the community since it was released.  I got the Strawberry and Tropical mods and found the Strawberry to be the best version for what I wanted.  So, 6 years later MoO3 is the EXACT mix of empire management and tactical combat I've been looking for over the last year.

So, for those of you who dismissed the game years ago, I urge you to try out the Strawberry and Tropical mods of the game.  It is very different from the original game and plays much more like I hoped it would when it originally came out.  Sure, the graphics and interface are dated in comparison to today's games.  However, you can get 1024x768 resolution instead of the original 800x600 with the mods, so that helps with playing the game now.  I still find MoO2 fun even though it has very old graphics.  And now I can play on a bigger scale with MoO3 and have armadas of up to 180 capital ships attacking my enemies.

May 17, 2009 8:27:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1: Neverwinter Nights 2. I LOVED the first series and played it and all the expansions. Something about NWN2 has just not interested me, though.

I have to agree with that.

May 17, 2009 8:33:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My 3

1. Lord of the Rings Tactics, (PSP) terrible, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE tactics game.

2. Advent Rising, (Xbox) Regret getting it becase I really want the sequel.

3. World of Warcraft, (PC) It was fun but I wasted almost 2 years of my life infront of it. Glad I stopped.

I managed to avoid Spore, was currious but I guess I'm better off.

May 18, 2009 2:39:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1: Neverwinter Nights 2. I LOVED the first series and played it and all the expansions. Something about NWN2 has just not interested me, though.

I have to agree with that.

because it was supposed to be much better and felt EXACTLY the same.

May 19, 2009 4:02:52 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
  1. Tabula Rasa - poor post launch development and next to zero budget led to endless broken promises and eventual server shutdown.
  2. Hellgate London - well, it just got shut down, really enjoyed it for a while, spent weeks and weeks giving feedback on test server, but alas..
  3. Warhammer Online - Too simplistic for my taste
May 19, 2009 4:36:00 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I go for Speedball 2 Tournament.

Game was never finished by the develloper (promise was made do to so with a grant update/patch, never happened...) Played 2 or 3 times (bought a gamepad for it to) and after about 3 weeks, or so, the online severs were down. The end of it.

Was a great game on the Amiga 500 thats why I bought it, but it ends for me at the places one, two and three in worsed games ever.

May 19, 2009 4:47:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1. Civilization 3: Conquest, introduced everything that didn't work at all in the grand scheme. 

2. Master of Orion 3, even with the recent mods the game lacks soul. 

3. Ultima VIII: Pagan, talk about deviating from everything that made Ultima VII good.

May 19, 2009 10:13:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1 Spore, 2 Age of Empires 3, 3 Star Trek Legacy...

These games just piss me off.... I was expecting so much from AOE 3....

4 would be Deus Ex 2... GOD SERIOUSLY DEUS EX WAS GREAT BUT YA GONE AND FUCKED THAT UP! God if Deus Ex 3 sucks... jesus worst way for a great series to die...

May 19, 2009 11:11:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I love that game!!!  That has awesome multiplayer. Give it another chance.  Heck, I'll play with ya if you want. Haven't played in ages (haha pun) though.

1. Frontlines: Fuel of War-wouldnt work even though my pc is top-of-the-line

2. Genesis Rising: Universal Crusade- so much potential but didn't follow through with the promise of a great game,

3. C&C3 Tiberium Wars: Kane's Wrath- EA Game, 'nuf said...but no, it was good, don't get me wrong but the multiplayer stunk for me, even on said pc (#1) and fast internet...something just wasn't right with it, even fully patched...

Oh yeah and with Spore, I got the creature creator...$10 wasn't that big of a deal but after hearing so many bad reviews I did manage to avoid it as well, despite temptation haha...being and EA game didn't help it either...

May 20, 2009 6:40:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Phalnax811,

I love that game!!!  That has awesome multiplayer. Give it another chance.  Heck, I'll play with ya if you want. Haven't played in ages (haha pun) though.

ahaha I'll hold you to that. Show me how.

May 20, 2009 11:17:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ahaha I'll hold you to that. Show me how.

Sure, when's good for you? And is it just Age of Empires III vanilla? Not the two awesomer expansion packs?

And I'm not sure my profile name in the game but I'm pretty sure it is Phalnax.

May 20, 2009 3:47:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

um.. AOEII with Warchiefs expansion.

I don't know my profile name.. I don't think I have a profile.. lol

I never opened an account.

May 20, 2009 3:55:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

um.. AOEII with Warchiefs expansion.

Mmm The Warchiefs....good ole Aztecs haha

May 21, 2009 1:39:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have AOE III, no expansions though

May 21, 2009 9:27:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm.. when I become unlazy enough to figure out MP profiles and all that jazz.. we should all play.

May 21, 2009 1:16:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hmm.. when I become unlazy enough to figure out MP profiles and all that jazz.. we should all play.

Ha, k, it's not hard lol. But you can only have 1 profile per CD key so choose names carefully!

May 21, 2009 4:01:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Phalnax811,

Ha, k, it's not hard lol. But you can only have 1 profile per CD key so choose names carefully!

ah dammit.. I'm horrible at choosing names..

May 21, 2009 8:46:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1) Bio-Shock.

2) Fallout 3

3) Neverwinter Nights 2

May 22, 2009 2:05:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kerzain,
1) Bio-Shock.

2) Fallout 3

3) Neverwinter Nights 2

WHAT!? Why fallout 3? That's my all time fave game!

May 22, 2009 4:29:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting MishYu,

I guess I am biased, it didn't do the first game Justice. I recently played through the first Fallout again to prime myself for FO3, and it was so funny and so fun. but Fallout 3 left me bored and annoyed. It literally felt like a giant cut-and-paste of the same four tile sets over and over. I'd expect something like that in old school games, but not in 2009.

I was also not happy about S.P.E.C.I.A.L. meaning absolutely nothing any more. Stats actually meant something in the first game, they made a huge difference in how the game played and what your character could do, not os in FO3. I was bored.

May 22, 2009 4:43:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kerzain,

Quoting MishYu, reply 22
I guess I am biased, it didn't do the first game Justice. I recently played through the first Fallout again to prime myself for FO3, and it was so funny and so fun. but Fallout 3 left me bored and annoyed. It literally felt like a giant cut-and-paste of the same four tile sets over and over. I'd expect something like that in old school games, but not in 2009.
I was also not happy about S.P.E.C.I.A.L. meaning absolutely nothing any more. Stats actually meant something in the first game, they made a huge difference in how the game played and what your character could do, not os in FO3. I was bored.

Hmm.. I thought S.P.E.C.I.A.L made a big difference and I loved how massively loaded the maps and scenerios were. It was so random and each time I played, it was completely different than the last time. Wal Mart is having a Fallout Trilogy pack for sale for $20. Has Fallout 1, 2 & Tactics. Maybe I'll pick it up and test it out.. I haven't played the other 2 fallouts yet.

May 22, 2009 4:52:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

well lets see,

!.)Enter the matrix- mostly because outside Time warp you cant kill anything

2.)Spore- like alot of ppl apparently i got the CE too, that lasted ohh untilthe space stage then you just do the same things over and over.

3.)Might and Magic IX- it just sucked

on a side note i would like to see some of the older might and magics revamped for oblivion/crysis graphics.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000641   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.