The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Lord Erebus Bite Unbalanced

By on April 30, 2009 1:29:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus is stinking up the Pantheon all I get anymore is Two Vamps. First bite is way out of control he is the only DG that gets damage + heal+ - armor in one skill. Also the Mana cost is way to low and every 7 sec come on. Then you have the night walkers they should be equal in number and damage to the oaks spirits that was nerfed in the beta. While on the pantheon I think that light and dark should have unique DG there should not two of a kind unless you are in 5v5. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

+4 Karma | 88 Replies
April 30, 2009 1:32:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oak's Spirits move faster and can fly (which is a huge advantage).

What demigod were you playing?  What strategy did you try to defeat Erebus?  What was Erebus doing?  Not enough information.

April 30, 2009 1:48:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It does seem a little overpowering, particularly in early game and could stand to be toned down a touch. But still, its the main factor in Erebus' playstyle, therefore you need to play to anticipate his using this as much as possible.

If he opens with it, thats your window to unleash as much damage as possible, and then follow up with stuns or silences to prevent him casting his various escape spells or another bite.

If not, engage with caution and keep your silences/stuns ready when he loses a moderate amount of health as he'll be ready to steal some back.

Its also advised to engage in teams, as Erebus, like most DGs, is hard to kill outright alone.

April 30, 2009 1:58:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus is Overpowered - we all know that But not really groundbreaking imbalanace...

Let them fix up connectivity first then we can ask for a slight Bite nef (it does 800 damage now instead?)

April 30, 2009 2:16:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dont think erebus is overpowered.. an unclean beast can win it easily.. by my opinion.. but hey, im no his side on pantheon

April 30, 2009 2:20:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not really a good player, so take my comments with a grain or two of salt.

I just finished a pantheon game, rook and regulus (me) v. 2 human Erebus (Erebii)?  They were good, but we played together and beat them.

In the hands of a good player, Erebus is an absolute sodomite - he does really well.  But he can be countered by other gods, other players, or teamwork.  The consistent OP arguments just don't wash.

April 30, 2009 2:28:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol he can be countered by team work. YOu mean we need 2 or + demigod to kill 1 erebus.

Ya i know just playing with words.

But I agree ereubus is O.p if controled correctly

April 30, 2009 2:42:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Early game, First 30s-60s... it is hard to take a flag from him.

With his health, health regen (bite), he will in most cases force a demigod to retreat from said flag.

BUT imo this is not OP or imbalanced, getting first capture on a single flag does not win you a game.

A good player will fight Erebus, but flee into towers before getting close to giving Erebus a kill.

A ranged Demigod will flee very early, but keep harassing Erebus (a good Regulus player will often force me to flee and he'll retake it).

A good Oak player can do the same...  I may get first cap, but seeing how that has little to do with winning the game, I don't see the point.

April 30, 2009 2:46:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus is stinking up the Pantheon all I get anymore is Two Vamps. First bite is way out of control he is the only DG that gets damage + heal+ - armor in one skill. Also the Mana cost is way to low and every 7 sec come on. Then you have the night walkers they should be equal in number and damage to the oaks spirits that was nerfed in the beta. While on the pantheon I think that light and dark should have unique DG there should not two of a kind unless you are in 5v5. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

This is correct for the cost Bite does too many things lets give them some time to fix things.  I am sure they will deal with him with a proper over nerf just like they did this last time with him and took him too far make him too good after beta.

April 30, 2009 2:56:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He is fine. Very squishy.

Generals/Assassins that go with the large personal army route have little difficulity beating vamps.

April 30, 2009 3:12:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@OP The only way to guarantee unique demigods would be to force people to not be able to choose which one they are playing or force them to re-pick -- that does not sound fun to me one bit.  Not to mention it would take work on the devs part to implement, I don't see it being worth while.  In short get used to seeing more than 1 of the same demigod.

@ HorseRadish: For Erebus bite I could see scaling the movement penalty over the ranks.  So rank 1 bite's movement penalty is very small or non existant and then it would increase with time.  This would make him a little less dangerous early game in that it might be easier to get away from and live. 

Of course a great many other nerfs could also be done, mana cost could be increase, or damage reduced slightly.  I'm sure we'll see some balance changes here at some point, I just hope they don't over nerf as I think Erebus could use minor changes, but not drastic ones.

April 30, 2009 3:18:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and another erebus op thread.... Guys, read the forum an post only in one thread for same complaint. Now when people report only about pantheon i'm really septical. I mean it's random team so lot of chance to get bad teammates and no teamwork.

April 30, 2009 3:23:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,
Erebus is Overpowered - we all know that But not really groundbreaking imbalanace...

Let them fix up connectivity first then we can ask for a slight Bite nef (it does 800 damage now instead?)

wut about early levels? nerf it down to 200 and erebus now is barely survivable

April 30, 2009 3:44:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Jaradakar,

@ HorseRadish: For Erebus bite I could see scaling the movement penalty over the ranks.  So rank 1 bite's movement penalty is very small or non existant and then it would increase with time.  This would make him a little less dangerous early game in that it might be easier to get away from and live. 

His Mana is way too low for a skill like this example Bite 300hp reduction and 300hp heal plus a slow/armour reduction for 300 mana

Sedna gets a 600hp heal for 375 mana Same hp but none of the other bonus for 75 more mana.  Leave the skill alone I think it is unique but a big increase the MANA.

April 30, 2009 4:03:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just hope they don't over nerf as I think Erebus could use minor changes, but not drastic ones.

Well he is the only DG that can bat swarm(+damage) through Eight towers Stun(charm+damage)+ Bite(+ damage + heal) DG kill in your base mist and Bat swarm out with little damage to him. What is wrong here he should go back to the beta days when mist used health not mana and a 15 sec cool down.

April 30, 2009 4:54:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well he is the only DG that can bat swarm(+damage) through Eight towers Stun(charm+damage)+ Bite(+ damage + heal) DG kill in your base mist and Bat swarm out with little damage to him. What is wrong here he should go back to the beta days when mist used health not mana and a 15 sec cool down.

Do you remember how pointless he was back then?

April 30, 2009 5:00:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus is stinking up the Pantheon all I get anymore is Two Vamps.

Sounds like you're venting frustration in the form of crying for nerfs, because you suck.

April 30, 2009 5:06:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They should at least make it so erebus gains less life from bite. Like 75 percent of the damage.

Something needs to be done about it though.

April 30, 2009 5:27:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ this sounds like the most reasonable option

April 30, 2009 5:32:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've played Erebus and I've played against him.  I have to say that Bite is just plain too good for too low of a cost it does too much - life drain is really good, add to that the debuffs...

Obviously this is an opinion but if enough of us share this opinion I think we have to start thinking of it as a consensus.

April 30, 2009 6:39:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Obviously this is an opinion but if enough of us share this opinion I think we have to start thinking of it as a consensus.

I'm sorry sir, but a conensus doesn't justify a change to balance. A bunch of pug heroes fighting battles with players who dont even know eachother, or their demigod for that matter, don't know whats best for balance.

April 30, 2009 6:52:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm sorry sir, but a conensus doesn't justify a change to balance. A bunch of pug heroes fighting battles with players who dont even know eachother, or their demigod for that matter, don't know whats best for balance.

First i have been in the beta since it started last year and think i know i little more than you.

April 30, 2009 6:55:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok what is with all these posts about him being op i have killed him easy enough with sedna  and reg  it isn't hard  u just got to be careful if u charge  into him then ur bound to get fucked

it is like going to las  vegas thinking ur going to come out a billionare it anit going to happen

erebus isn't op his dmg with the skkill is only like 700 max  not exactly killing lvl and 7 sec reload time  that is plenty of time to force him to retreatnot to mention it is a close quarters move

lets compare him to the 2 light demi gens

1  sedna    her pounce is close range and does more dmg then his bite and also has heal and silence

2  oak   he has spirits to counter nightwalkers   shield makes bite do no dmg and makes it so u take no dmg and pentiece make him slower and reciveve more dmg dont for get his aoe attack

come on he isn't op  if ur bitching over a little debuff  like - armor

regs main  - speed

tbs  frost arua  - attack speed and speed

come on  there is so many things that debuff and ur moaning that he gets it all in 1 move  that is like bitching u get fries with burgers

April 30, 2009 7:20:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First i have been in the beta since it started last year and think i know i little more than you.

You know nothing sir. I'm sorry. Keep crying man, you won't get anything fixed without logic. Acting arrogant, just gets people to dislike you.

April 30, 2009 7:53:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i agree with extra  he tells it like it is  and doesn't sugar coat it

April 30, 2009 7:58:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Why is everyone talking about balance and change when the game doesn't even work?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000562   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.