The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

SUPPORT: Can't logon to Demigod

By on April 14, 2009 12:56:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1482

Problem: You load up Demigod, click Multiplayer, choose Internet, and type in your Impulse User Name and password and the game does not accept it.

Most common cause: You purchased the game via Impulse with a different email address (i.e. different account) than the one you're using.

Solution: Merge your accounts: http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

Second most common cause: You created a second Impulse account some other way. Solution is same as above.

Pinned, Locked Post 104 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 2, 2012 2:04:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Kingster1 - First thing I'd recommend you do is send an email to [email protected] and explain exactly what you've done along with the problem. If its just some weird registration issue, they can sort you out on their end. 

I'm assuming you have the steam version of the game.  I'm just going to throw out some things that might work for you.  Some folks reported having issues logging in through steam directly (eg launching Demigod from steam).  For some, simply running steam as an administrator seems to help.  Try that if you have not already.  For others with the same problem, they were able to get things working by running Demigod OUTSIDE of steam as an administrator.  There's a file called Demigod.exe.  Its somewhere in the steam directory - I don't know the exact location off the top of my head, but you should be able to find it by doing a search for demigod.exe.  When you find the file, adjust the properties to run as administrator.  Then run the game and try to log in to multiplayer.  If either of those work, please reply here.

Eh, well I figured since I already had a ticket open, I'd go ahead and give the second option a shot.

And wouldn't you know, it actually worked. Running the Demigod.exe file fixed the problem completely, though hunting the file in Steam's folder would have taken awhile if it had not been for the search bar. I guess the problem has to do with Steam's in-game overlay affecting Stardocks?

Either way, it doesn't matter. The game works fine now, and that solved the problem. Thanks!

January 2, 2012 10:48:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to hear you are in business!

February 5, 2012 12:08:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was playing Demigod just fine when after relog I got "invalid username or password" and can't play anymore.

Credentials are right I also tried a password reset same result.

Impulse and forums works fine with login, I do not have steam and I do not have a second account.

Already wrote to stardock support but posted here too in case someone have an on the fly solution so that I won't waste an opportunity to play since freetime is few.

February 5, 2012 12:17:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just saw open games.asp as completely empty and tried to log in.  There's a server problem on sd's side.  I'll open a quick thread and shoot an email to SD support.  I doubt this will get resolved immediately unless there is some sort of temporary server outage. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: