The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

SUPPORT: Can't logon to Demigod

By on April 14, 2009 12:56:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1482

Problem: You load up Demigod, click Multiplayer, choose Internet, and type in your Impulse User Name and password and the game does not accept it.

Most common cause: You purchased the game via Impulse with a different email address (i.e. different account) than the one you're using.

Solution: Merge your accounts: http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

Second most common cause: You created a second Impulse account some other way. Solution is same as above.

Pinned, Locked Post 104 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 6, 2009 1:48:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

same issue for me. retail version. first account ever at stardock.com.... wrote the support team. hopefully they will react soon...

June 7, 2009 4:53:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same issue on this end over here. I created my impulse account after I bought a digital copy.  I've played about 35 Multiplayer games mostly fine. Crashes here and there. But after it crashed in the middle of a 4v4 it now does not recognize my usnername/password. First time it's happened.

June 7, 2009 5:39:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

Problem: You load up Demigod, click Multiplayer, choose Internet, and type in your Impulse User Name and password and the game does not accept it.

Most common cause: You purchased the game via Impulse with a different email address (i.e. different account) than the one you're using.

Solution: Merge your accounts: http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

Second most common cause: You created a second Impulse account some other way. Solution is same as above.

Happened to my account tonight - played around 30ish online games with the usual crash here and there, but after a fatal error during a game creation I get the same error.

Frustraighting as it leads one to think that its something they are doing wrong

June 7, 2009 7:44:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had succesfully logged into the online section and tried to join a game only for the game to crash. I restart it and what do you know I can no longer log into my account for online play. WTF. Anyone got a clue what's going on here. the list of people this is happening to grows longer by the day. My version of the game is retail and I have only one account.

June 7, 2009 7:46:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The current crash then fail to login seems to be happening only since the newest patch, but coincides with the Asia release of Demigod. From my experience the server does not seem to be flushing it's cache of logged on ID's.

CAN THIS BE LOOKED AT ASAP PLEASE

We want to play your game, but your server won't let us

June 7, 2009 8:01:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Add me to the list of people experiencing this failure.  It happened to me earlier this week: I was playing, got a CTD, and then couldn't log back in.  Since I'd experienced this with World of Warcraft, I just waited a couple of minutes and tried again, and it worked.  But last night it happened again, and I've been blocked out since.  

Adding to the appearance of amateurishness, at least when I encountered ths problem with WoW, the error message correctly identified the problem as "Another player is logged on using that account name."  Falsely telling people that their account name or password is invalid is surely creating a lot of unnecessary confusion and frustration.

June 7, 2009 8:08:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also experience the same problem mid week before the 3rd patch. As with you I just waited a few minutes and tried again for it to work. But just like yourself this time I seem to be locked out on a perminent basis. Trying to get a game up and runing is bad enough at times this just adds to the misery that players don't need. They move on quickly if they get to frustrated. We understand there would be teething problems but many of these seem like problems that should have been sorted at beta stage. Rant over.

June 7, 2009 8:23:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a SERVER issue NOT a local issue. The timed out ID's are not being forced off the list like they normally do. The servers have too much load on them to cope at the moment

June 7, 2009 8:32:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMFG!!!

Same login/password issues as mentioned all along this thread!

Stardock, i've paid 40$ to fuckin play the game which in fact i am not able to do now! 

There are just too many bugs in this game which i would merely call a beta version rather than a polished product, but being unable to at least log in is not acceptable. FIX IT!!!!

- Another pissed off customer -

June 7, 2009 8:50:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yep same here fatal error and now i can't get into the game

June 7, 2009 8:51:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't login the game since it will crashed.

Every day another future ("bug") with this game ...

June 7, 2009 9:07:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

its sucks that they havn´t come out with any info on the stuff, all we can do is to sit here and see if we can login, GIVE US SOME INFO on whats going on, stupid impulse...

June 7, 2009 9:11:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Got this last night, crashed while creating a game, Now I can't login.

June 7, 2009 9:12:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm having the same issue as well.  Logged in, opened custom games list, game froze and had to be closed with task manager (happens a few times a week, usually just CTD instead of the freeze).  Now I'm getting the same login error as listed, "You have entered an invalid username and/or password".

June 7, 2009 10:08:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same for me... crashed with an "out of memory" message, and now I can't get back in... feels great when you just bought the game...

June 7, 2009 10:10:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All my problems stem from the 3rd patch. before that I was sort of ok. got the crashes and the log in problems but they would clear quickly. I can only think the game has proved more popular than they thought and the servers have fallen over. Played single player to death so not much todo here till its fixed.Guess its back to my old stand by Dawnspire  till its fixed.

June 7, 2009 10:39:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All this down time has lead to playing against nightmare AI becoming to easy...

Looking forward to seeing Support post in here to keep us up-to-date

June 7, 2009 11:42:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I seem to have gotten back in   Sadly I have no time to test if I can get in to a game .

go try

June 7, 2009 11:58:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just got this today, and I only have 1 account, been playing this since release..looking at the posts I see there a flurry of new posts starting 6/6, 6/7..so something is obviously going on with the server.

June 7, 2009 1:40:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Additional info over here from login/pw failures last night... problems started around midnight ET and appear to have been resolved around 11:30-12:30am ET today.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/355265

June 7, 2009 4:08:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same here: lots of problems going online with demigod today.

Couples of crashes with out of memory, and second time today I can't login (invalid login/pw).

June 9, 2009 12:03:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Almost at 48h !

They Should Open a Problem Pantheon on the site.

Top Crash Ranked players

Top Disco/Quitters

and indeed my favorite

Top unable to connect to server time

DeusCaesar --> 46h

June 10, 2009 12:41:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's now something like 58h that i canNOT connect to DG multiplayer.

Will i make it to the 72h ... maybe even 108h !

Well here goes, you can vote for how long should i wait before i ask for refund : if you like the idea create a proper thread, i just think it's fun but to stupid to bother everybody.

--

D

June 10, 2009 5:40:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same deus ! Can't connect and Can't REGISTER MY SERIAL !!!!

"your serial is not an active registration" or something like that....

waiting for a stardock answer...

June 11, 2009 5:38:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here Goes

i could finally play YAY

To Solve : reinstall impulse !

also the magic loginfo helps

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000984   Page Render Time: