The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What is the best PC gaming info\review site

By on February 25, 2009 9:55:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i am always on the lookout for a good PC game site to get previews and unbiased reviews but have never really found one that i thought was that great. so here i am looking for peoples suggestions for sites to check out, which one is the best?

+3 Karma | 10 Replies
February 25, 2009 9:58:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't have a "best". I always visit a bunch and see what they all say

February 25, 2009 10:02:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I mostly just check shack and look at metacritic for reviews.

February 25, 2009 10:05:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I read reviews made by other gamers from GameFAQs, one 0/10 review and a 10/10 review, that'll give an idea of what works and what doesn't Still, demos are the best way to see if you'll like a game.

February 25, 2009 10:21:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've grown fond of gamesradar.com (not just for pc though)

February 25, 2009 10:25:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I used to use Gamespot exclusively until I realised how biased they were.  Several EA game reviews opened my eyes to how badly they review stuff.  These days to get an unbiased (as I possibly could) review I use a couple of sites like Gamespot and IGN for general info and use Metacritic for an idea of how good it is.

February 25, 2009 10:33:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

thanks to everyone for the info

cheers

February 25, 2009 10:53:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I guess my top three (3) none strat sites would be:

destructoid.com

kotaku.com

videogamer.com

If you are in the UK, a brand new site - with a very cool concept, which I think will become bigtime within the year is: nowgamer.com

February 25, 2009 3:38:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

www.bluesnews.com

www.rockpapershotgun.com

Both of them focus mostly on PC games.

February 26, 2009 7:44:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I look at Metacritic for the individual review links.  I don't pay much attention to the metascore. 

It's useful to find sites that specialize in the particular game genre, like Tacticular Cancer or Strategy Informer for strategy games. 

Gamespot and IGN are dead to me.  They MUST be getting big payments to lie about the games they review.

February 26, 2009 8:17:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NelsMonsterX,
Gamespot and IGN are dead to me.  They MUST be getting big payments to lie about the games they review.

I concur to some degree. They both pimped Sins and as far as I know SD did not pay them for said reviews. Anyway, many "informed" gamers dont bother with those sites anymore for that exact reason - valid or not.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.