The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] "1st Smite" announcement is made only when a Demigod kills another Demigod

By on January 17, 2009 3:23:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but in my last game against the AI, the "first smite" announcement wasn't made until a Demigod killed another Demigod, even though the reinforcements and towers of both sides had killed several Demigods beforehand.  Of course, this could just be some serious announcement-lag; I haven't checked that yet.

+17 Karma | 7 Replies
January 17, 2009 4:09:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think First Smite has always been the first kill by a demigod, as opposed to the first death by one.

January 17, 2009 4:24:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can believe that.  I think it would make more sense if it was the first Demigod to die, however.

January 17, 2009 5:25:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it is somewhat traditional for Gods to be the ones doing the smiting

January 17, 2009 5:47:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, but usually some damage will have been done to the dead Demigod by one of the others, and it would be useful as a "this team got the first kill" indicator .  And these aren't full Gods anyway

January 17, 2009 6:50:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it makes sense that it should be only when a demigod gets the kill, hence the "smite."

However, I'm pretty sure this message gets played even when you're not the team to get first smite....

Oh, and we need the wraith-voice announcements back, the current ones suck.

January 17, 2009 7:33:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well then, I want a "first kill" announcement too

January 17, 2009 7:57:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or first death, perhaps?

Maybe there could be an achievement for being the first person killed in a game, but coming back from it to be most valued player.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.