The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

We've been holding out...

By on December 26, 2008 3:05:09 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

In the next few weeks, we'll be close enough to release to start talking more about all the cool stuff that we haven't had in the betas so far. Stay tuned.

+897 Karma | 36 Replies
December 27, 2008 11:04:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wakka Wakka, you all know you want it.

Wakka Wakka!

December 27, 2008 4:58:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad tyo hear a Capture the Flag/King of the Hill mode is going to be in there.  It seems like a natural fit.  Can't wait to see what you guys get in here. Also, really looking forward to improvements in the netcode.  I have also been really annoyed by horrible launch multiplayer until the game is patched.  I am glad to purchase a game from a company that is privately held with a commitment to quality.  Hope everyone in stardock, gpg, and on the forums is having a great holiday.

December 27, 2008 10:38:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nights Edge,
But actually, what I was getting at, was that DoW2 and Demigod appear to have a lot in common: levelling up, purchaseable upgrades, no base building, territory control gameplay, small number of units to play with.

unfortunately, i've heard that DoW2's MP will be a lot like DoW1's. sucks, but atleast we'll still have DG to enjoy.

December 28, 2008 7:03:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well the previews show it as having capturable buildings on territory points that you then pay to upgrade (there's an idea: pay to upgrade the gold mines if ytou think you can hold them), plus a single-building main base that is difficult to destroy.

December 28, 2008 3:28:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nights Edge,
Looks great, but you've missed the obligatory kart racing and football modes.

I just had this weird image in my head of The Rook riding in a little go-kart with his knees up to his chest...

December 28, 2008 7:23:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if gold mines had a limited supply of gold. Would make end game more about killing Demigods and such AND make neutral mines VERY important.

December 28, 2008 10:15:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
What if gold mines had a limited supply of gold. Would make end game more about killing Demigods and such AND make neutral mines VERY important.

Based off this, it would probably be better that gold mines start off with a better "rate" of gold that slows down the longer it is claimed total.  Means there would be a rush for mine control and fights could center around them early game, but late game when lines are more established they would still have some use, but not game-changing so that demigod killing would be prefered.

Limited amount of gold would further encourage early rush strats, which seem overly prefered in competition already.  My experience, and my friend's experience.

December 28, 2008 10:42:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the gold would have to be totally rebalanced, but I think it'd offer a lot more aggressive defence of gold mine flags.

December 29, 2008 5:18:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would like to say I'm very excited to see Demigod in its polished form, and I am definately not regretting my pre-order especially after playing around with Beta 2. Even small new additions such as the custom death animations for each Demigod really goes to show that this game is going to look and play great when its done.

December 30, 2008 12:51:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Phazon88,
I would like to say I'm very excited to see Demigod in its polished form, and I am definately not regretting my pre-order especially after playing around with Beta 2. Even small new additions such as the custom death animations for each Demigod really goes to show that this game is going to look and play great when its done.

QFFT

December 30, 2008 2:56:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

"How many times have you bought a game and couldn't get it to work online"

Honestly, not that much. I'll be waiting of course for the final version of Reactor to see if it was really worth all the extra bother.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.