The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Ugh... video driver.

Hardware based instancing...?

By on December 19, 2008 1:45:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can't run the game, I get an error message like this :

"Hardware based instancing required. Please ensure system has current video drivers."

Upon updating the driver to the highest allowed by my graphics card, I still get the same error message.

(My specs are VERY low end. This computer is five years old, damnit

My OS: Windows XP Professional

510 MB RAM. (spiffy? Hell yes. those are MEGABITES. Remember those?)

1GB free disk space. 38GB total hard drive space.

Page File: 627MB used / 3852 MB available.

Processor: Pentium 4 (1.8GHz))

...however, assuming this is a graphics card problem...

Graphics card: Radeon 9250

Driver: ATI Catalyst v. 6.11 (I am seeing that the latest is much much more advanced... 8.xx? however, my graphic card isn't quite that new... and doesn't accommodate that video driver version. What should I do?)

+3 Karma | 2 Replies
December 19, 2008 3:14:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

your Radeon 9250 is far too old, and doesn't have the required goods to play the game.

your machine is soo old it isn't funny. do yourself a favour; save up about $500USD, spend a weekend learning whats-what in current computer tech. and build yourself a new computer.

December 19, 2008 10:11:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guess it's time for me to stop being a cheap bastard and pay up to what's been put off for years and years.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000046   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.