The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Hello/Suggestions/Questions

By on September 23, 2008 12:53:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well hey guys, I'm Pelorn, a couple of you may know me (Reaver? Or do you go by "the Rook" or something now?), I'm basically a SC/FA player who wasn't too exited by the look of Demigod initially, but am getting caught up in the hype. Now, I think it looks freaking amazing.

So, I have a couple questions and suggestions about the game and forums from just looking around, which is why this isn't in the OTF.

-lol, wasn't planning this to be first, but is there really no way to preview your post? Looking at the HTML and such, I can't really say for sure that this is a phpBB or vbulletin forum, and it looks somewhat insecure (don't worry, I'm not the type to deface sites). I did hear that these forums got a major server upgrade of some sort, and this is much improved from the "snail's pace" it used to be, but it would be nice to have them upgraded further eventually. (There's no option for a signature either? At least we get custom avatars...)

-Second, no, I'm not in the beta, so I would like some simple facts/opinions (yes, forum search blah blah, if you don't want to tell me, don't respond) about the game in general:

-How similar is it to DotA? From what I've seen, it's nearly identical.

-What are the stats/abilities like? I know this is only a engine-testing beta really, but what do we have so far?

-Have we heard anything about minimum system spec requirements?

-Since there's a thread titiled "boots give Rook +15% evasion" (or something), I'm assuming there's items like in DotA as well, what are these like/how many approximately? Will there be/are there recipices?

-Apparently there are no playable "general" demigods yet, but is the main difference between them and "assassins" that they can control their creeps/are weaker? Do assassins get any creep control at all?

-Are there a different set of creeps based off which demigod you play as?

-Thirdly, who exactly is in charge around here nowabouts? Scatthis is gone, so Tyo seems to be the head honcho, but I don't see any moderators/admins listed, and AFAIK, there's no memberlist (my search for "Tyo" also yielded no results...?)

-Other than that, just gimme any opinion/info that you feel like, go ahead and give me a 1000 word article on how you feel about the political correctness of minotaurs wearing armour or a "T" rating with Queeny around....I just want to get a general vibe for what this game is/is going to be like.

EDIT: what, no [list] tags?

+1 Karma | 6 Replies
September 23, 2008 2:05:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- never played DoTa much buts its simmilar but better

- very few skills so far but since they all assassins so far they all attack spells meant for seriously dmg dealing / iunno how to describe stats

- yea i think theres another thread saying them i forgot which thread tho

- theres no recipes and so far there arent much items maybe 40-50 altho some threads are discussin things like recipes and such

- assassins dont control any creeps only generals do and we dont know anything about generals yet cause we havnt got 1 to test out

- for generals theres 4 different creeps 1 for each of the 4 generals go to gamereplays to see them

- i dont think search engine works i tried searching 1 word that was was pretty much everywhere on forums (beta) and it didnt work but its tyo i guess

-cant really say anything to the last 1 but the game is fun thats all i can say to that

September 23, 2008 3:08:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Welcome Pelorn,

- Yeah there are some crazy problems with the forums, my first post was put into the "Journals" forum, effectively putting my post on the front page of the Demigod site as well as over on http://www.demigodthegame.com/journals.asp. I could have said anything I liked and people would have thought it was official, but I digress.

- Demigod is very similar to DotA in concept, there are (currently) a lot of differences though: A lot less Heroes (8 upon release) but they are all more detailed. i.e. a heck of a lot more skills and more item slots. There are also capture points that change the way the game plays out depending on who controls them. The main one we have so far is a central flag that gives the controling team more units per wave of spawns. You can also take over the enemies spawn points There will also be a few different maps instead of just one like DotA has.

- There are a bunch of stats, most are similar to DotA, I seem to link to my site a lot around here but there is a lot of info on this here: http://www.scarylogic.com/viewforum.php?f=4

- We haven't heard much about minimum system spec requirements except that it will take less to run than Supreme Commander did. So far I have found it runs on any PC that can run WOW.

- The items are currently quite like DotA's, you can see the full list in the link I posted above. Currently GPG haven't implemented item receipes or upgrade paths in the BETA build we have.

- Q: Apparently there are no playable "general" demigods yet, but is the main difference between them and "assassins" that they can control their creeps/are weaker? Do assassins get any creep control at all?
   A: The Assassins we have so far don't have any creep control either from skills or items, we are lead to believe we won't have any creep control as Assassin Demigods.

- Currently we only have one map (The Waterfall). The spawned creeps are the same for both sides jsut different colors for their alignment. One side has lighter textures i.e. good and the other has darker i.e. evil. From what we understand the spawned creep waves will always be the same units regardless of map. The units that the General Demigods control will be Demigod specific though.

- Tyo is the man but his nick is TyoArk. We are graced with the presence of a lot of different Stardock and GPG employees regularly and I am pretty confident that they read every thread posted here.

- As for any other info, the current BETA is already heaps of fun and we don't even have close to half of the full game, pre-order yourself a copy and tell your friends!
You can also find a list of Demigod News here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/321131

September 23, 2008 6:08:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there's lots more variety in the skills department; unlike in DotA you can tailor your DG to a specific role (that's limited somewhat to a few different flavours, but it's more variety than the 3 spells + 1 ultimate situation). this gives the game (this is IMHO) a huge leg up in the strategy department over DotA (which i've played a reasonable amount, but never been on any pro circuit).

on the topic of system resources; my 256MB (don't laugh) 8800GT is regularly maxxing out at 100fps (which means that GPG left the framerate limit in from SupCom) on max settings (without AA though, and at 1280x1024).

oh and there's no list tags (might be, but i don't know the [thingy] for them), but there is the list un-ordered list button up next to the ordered one.

September 23, 2008 9:28:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't really say for sure that this is a phpBB or vbulletin forum, and it looks somewhat insecure (don't worry, I'm not the type to deface sites).

It's not (ASP.NET system developed in-house), and any potentially risk HTML is stripped.

September 23, 2008 6:04:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im here, Pelorn, im here, and im me... I have turned you to the fold, HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH

same with Col. Jessep, and Hazar.... mwahahhah

my power grows... ok, not really, I just got these guys interested, heh heh

and DARN U, ask me, I play DotA all the time and can give you any feedback u need!

(and are you saying something about SCUs Avatar policy? )

September 24, 2008 8:41:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldn't say Demigod is that similar to DotA.
It has the core concept of there being two opposing bases, a spot where your Demigod spawns, heals, and shops, and the objective is to destroy the enemy's main building like DotA.
But i'd say it's as similar to DotA as UT2004 is similar to HL2.

I don't really like DotA much.. I love the idea of it, I just don't like the execution.

There are special creeps unique to each General.  Just one I think and the rest are shared.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.