The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fun stuff from the lua files

By on September 5, 2008 10:15:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Post your interesting discoveries here! I'll be adding more as I continue to dig.

First off, Vampire Lord skill descriptions! Vampire Lord was the only one in strings_db--the descriptions/names for the playable characters seem to be in their ability files in the heroes directory.

Bat Swarm I/II: The Vampire Lord transforms into a swarm of bats, teleporting him to a new location and damaging everything in his path.

Bite I/II/III: Bites a target and drains 250/400/550 health. The Bite reduces target Armor by 200/400/600 and Run Speed by 20/40/60% for 5 seconds.

Mass Charm I/II/III: Stuns enemies around the Vampire Lord for 3/6/9 seconds. Demigods are stunned for half duration.

Mist I/II/III: Vampire Lord transforms into a deadly mist, dealing 50/75/100 damage every second to nearby enemies.  While in this form he will lose 6.5% health per second and is unable to move or use other abilities.

Poisoned Blood I/II: On death, the Vampire Lord drops a poisoned potion, dealing 500/1000 damage to whoever consumes it.

Conversion I/II/III: Grants a 35/55/75% chance to convert a grunt into a Vampire with base attack.  All other damage has a 5/10/15% chance to convert.

Coven I/II/III: Increases vampire minion damage by 20/40/60% and health by 10/20/30%. Increases max number of allowed vampires by 2/4/4.

Vampiric Aura: Grants 10% life steal to nearby allies for a short duration.

Attribute boosts: +120 Health +0.24 Health/second 6% Attack Speed Increase +60 Armor +200 Energy +2.4 Energy/second +8 Weapon Damage

+7 Karma | 42 Replies
September 16, 2008 7:04:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sakhapoo,

Quoting Hazar,
reply 22
there's also still some supreme commander stuff hanging around in some of them

Yeah , I want my Monkey Lord

Bonus creep

September 16, 2008 10:46:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gabberkooij,

Quoting Sakhapoo,
reply 25

Quoting Hazar,
reply 22
there's also still some supreme commander stuff hanging around in some of them

Yeah , I want my Monkey Lord

Bonus creep

no, only merc you can buy is the ML, GC is bonus Creep, and Fatboy is the last tier you stronghold turns into

September 17, 2008 3:05:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't been around, but is that another demigod I read about in the achivements?

The fact he already has achivements makes me think he'll be in release >.>.

September 17, 2008 3:40:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey in the GameTips.lua there are commented tips for the other demigods:

#    "Unclean Beast can offset the damage it takes from Ooze by purchasing health rengeration items.",
    #    "Use Foul Grasp on an enemy Demigod to heal.",
    #    "Venom Spit deals most of its damage over time.",

#    "A well-placed Aftermath can destroy a wave of reinforcements quickly.",

#    "Diseased Claws slow an enemy down, keeping them in range longer.",

#    "Inner Beast makes Unclean Beast's normal attack even more powerful.",
    #    "Sedna's Yetis are very hardy and can take many attacks.",
    #    "Arrow Shield defends Sedna's troops from enemy archers and Archer Towers.",
    #    "Keep Sedna near her troops to make sure they are healed.",
    #    "Sanctuary will keep an enemy from killing Sedna, but it has a long cooldown.",
    #    "Blinding Light protects Sedna and her troops from enemies that are in range.",

#    "Use Shield to defend an ally as they're escaping or healing.",
    #    "Penitence increases the damage a Demigod takes, great to use on a fleeing Demigod.",
    #    "Surge of Faith quickly turns the tables when there are many reinforcements nearby.",
    #    "Rise Again gives Oak one last chance to help your allies before dying.",
    #    "Divine Justice heals Oak allies only when he deals the killing blow.",
    #    "Oak's Spirits are swift flying units.",

#    "Oculus starts with a small sight range. Be careful against ranged Demigods.",
    #    "Dark Shroud reduces enemies' sight range, forcing them to close in to attack.",
    #    "Far Sight not only increases Oculus' sight range, it also increases his attack range.",
    #    "When Oculus summons an Eye, his sight range shrinks.",
    #    "Keep allied units away from Oculus when he's using Prism so the reflected damage goes to his enemies.",
    #    "Ignus Fatuus only works on soldiers.",
    #    "Eyes have a large sight range and can fly, making them great scouts.";

#    "Bite enemy Demigods to heal and make them more susceptible to damage.",
    #    "Vampire Lord cannot be damaged while using Mist.",
    #    "Bat Swarm is not only a strong opening move, it's great for escaping battles.",
    #    "Vampire Lord gains minions as he kills reinforcements.",
    #    "Vampiric Aura lets all nearby allies heal when they deal damage.",
    #    "Poisoned Blood can be deadly to your killer.",

#    "Shamblers can attack Towers of Light and Archer Towers from beyond their maxiumum range.",
    #    "Use Grasping Tendrils to slow enemies, then use Ground Spikes to destroy them.",
    #    "Bramble Shield is very effective against Demigods who deal damage to several units.",
    #    "The Queen of Thorns regenerates more health when closed, and she receives extra armor when in bloom.",
    #    "Shamblers cost energy to summon; consider buying energy potions.",
    #    "The Queen of Thorns regenerates health and can move when closed, but she cannot use any of her abilities.",

Which gives an idea about some of the demis!

This occulus guy is sounds... STRANGE! But what ever.

September 17, 2008 3:54:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting in the tips for Oculus... "Ignus Fatuus only works on soldiers."

Ignus Fatuus is Keeper of the Lights ultimate in dota: http://www.dotastrategy.com/hero-29-EzalorTheKeeperoftheLight.html

Easter Egg?

September 17, 2008 3:59:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great find mooey!!

September 17, 2008 5:21:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mooey is awesome, that be why

September 17, 2008 6:47:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nicely done! I missed that one entirely.

September 17, 2008 7:07:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

awesome stuff guys, occulus sounds like a creature with a zillion eyes.

September 17, 2008 9:40:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
awesome stuff guys, occulus sounds like a creature with a zillion eyes.

Or none.

IPB Image

I'm looking at the guy in the upper right hand corner.  He has something covering where his eyes would be, so it would appear he is blind or something.  Actually fits with his line of sight being small at first and growning coupled with the whole eye summoning business.  Plus I think he's the only unnamed Demigod with a staff, which goes along with the "Frickin' Laser Beams" achievement.  It looks like that staff shoots laser beams.

September 17, 2008 9:46:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kk, so in the portraits from right to left, top to bottom we got Sedna, [blank], Oculus, Oak, [blank], [blank].  ANyone have names for the blanks?

September 18, 2008 10:09:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Legerdemain,

Oculus

Frickin' Laser Beams - Deal 2,000,000 points of damage with your staff.

I LOL'd at this one.

September 18, 2008 11:02:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can someone please tell me how the hell is oculus!

they said there will be 8 demigod but with oculus it will be 9, what is going on?

except from that oak and vempire lord sound realy good to me.

September 18, 2008 12:07:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
kk, so in the portraits from right to left, top to bottom we got Sedna, [Yoshimitsu], Oculus, Oak, [Jenna], [Porygon].  ANyone have names for the blanks?

Fixed

September 18, 2008 1:15:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice find, Karryle.  +1 coming your way...

So let's see, Yoshimitsu would be from Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, Japanese Shogun.  I'm predicting a "Divine Wind" pushback ability and a bunch of Blademaster skillsets, maybe some creep buffs

Jenna has me stumped. 

Porygon - as in the Pokemon?  Special abilities might include shape-shifting and inducing epilepsy in Japanese Schoolchildren

September 18, 2008 1:40:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thx.

Didi you follow the links hidden in the names ? I provided nice pictures of each character.

Yoshimitsu is from the videogame Tekken

Jenna(Krista Allen) is the brown hair counterpart of CJ(Pamela Anderson) from Baywatch.

Porygon is a pokemon yeah !!!!

I hope GPG will not change the cast after my stupid joke

September 18, 2008 2:37:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol totally missed that, thought you had the scoop   Ah well

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.