The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New tech will let you mix AMD and Nvidia video cards in a PC

By on March 15, 2016 8:55:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Borg999

Join Date 02/2006
+53
4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 15, 2016 10:26:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

mind blown.

The next question is....can this be applied to or work just as well with integrated graphics? For instance, some noob like me thinks he has bought this awesome gaming rig with integrated graphics and finds out it's not all it's cracked up to be and still has serious limits....will this apply to such a situation or would I still have to buy two cheap cards and totally abort the integrated graphics?

This  whole concept is something I have dreamt of for years but never thought possible. It really would be (no pun intended) a game changer for people like me who cannot afford to fork out $800 or even $200 for a video card when ever they felt like it or needed to. Hell, I have three or four video cards I bought over the years that are tucked away in plastic bags or their boxes. I could conceivably put together a nice little rig for my kid to game on. There's a state surplus store near me that has shelves and shelves of computer towers for sale cheap that a person could upgrade.

WHEN will this be available?

March 15, 2016 11:50:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have an HP ENVY Recline TouchSmart All-in-One 27-k350.

It has both Intel and nVidia graphics from factory.

It uses the Intel normally, switches to nVidia for gaming. I think that's how it works.

I realize after reading the article that this is not the same thing.

March 15, 2016 11:51:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

It uses the Intel normally, switches to nVidia for gaming.

But isn't what the article is suggesting is that you could use two cards together, at the same time?

March 15, 2016 11:55:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, Noah. But it seems to show the potential is already here? This is the first/only rig I have ever seen with two different graphics drivers/chips installed from factory.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time: