The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Star Wars Episode VIII Coming December 2017

By on February 15, 2016 10:41:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+745

We had a good thread about Star Wars Episode VII, so lets continue with the next movie. The filming for Episode VIII has started!

"Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII, which began principal photography at Pinewood Studios in London on February 15, 2016.

Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is written and directed by Rian Johnson and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis.  New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran."

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-now-filming

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 15, 2016 7:52:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hopefully in the next movie, we'll find out where that orange alien with big glasses came from and how she got her hands on a light saber.

February 16, 2016 10:12:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Borg999,

Hopefully in the next movie, we'll find out where that orange alien with big glasses came from and how she got her hands on a light saber.

Hopefully the next movie won't be a remake of one of the previous movies...

February 16, 2016 10:20:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I liked episode VII, with a caveat... the only way I'm keeping my opinion of VII as a good movie is if VIII or IX (preferably VIII) reveals Rey was previously trained as a Jedi and has had her memory blocked/wiped somehow. Or even better, some twist I'm not seeing. Else she was way OP.

Of course that doesn't fix Finn, no way he should have stood up to Kylo Ren for more than a second or two.

March 23, 2016 7:10:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes, this is what I am looking for too - find out where that orange alien with big glasses came from and how she got her hands on a light saber.. I hope it gets revealed in the next movie. High expectations from a big Star Wars fans!

March 23, 2016 8:09:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Star Wars was never my cup of tea, but I'm happy for the fans nonetheless.

[e digicons]:thumbsup:[/e]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: