The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Games You're Looking Forward to in 2016

By on January 7, 2016 2:43:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

We have a good post going about what games you played in 2015, so lets continue and find out what games you are looking forward to in 2016. While it's still early in the year, I have just a few I'm looking to grab.

Hitman - I've been a fan of the series for a while, and although I'm not sure about their release method, I have already pre-ordered.

Ashes of the Singularity - I mentioned this in the other thread as I've enjoyed it even in Early Access, and I'm excited for the release.

Battlefield 5 - I'm a big BF fan and look forward to the next version. Not sure if this will be a 2016 title though.

32 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 26, 2016 7:07:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 26, 2016 5:00:25 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I am definitely looking forward to Star Citizen, ARK: Survival Evolved, Subnautica, and Empyrion - Galactic Survival.

Star Citizen looks all set to be one of the greatest things ever made, the only problem is getting a computer capable of handling it.

ARK: Survival Evolved has a great premise, but there are so many grindy gameplay mechanics due to the emphasis on tribe based PvP, I am worried it won't live up to its potential and be a viable singleplayer experience.

Subnautica isn't just going be a game, but an underwater exploration, construction, and survival experience.

Empyrion - Galactic Survival is all set to be Space Engineers done right the first time.

There is also a backlog of stuff I am interested in, including StarCraft II, Diablo III, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Destiny, and plenty of stuff on the PS3.

February 26, 2016 10:56:23 PM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

Squadron 42/Star Citizen and No Man's sky at current.  But good luck in seeing SC this year.  Guessing Squadron 42 by Christmas.

Ashes of the Singularity? I'm divided.  I never liked Total Annihilation or Supreme Commander.  Just to big of a scope of a RTS for me to really enjoy.  Favorite RTS's for me are still Ground Control/World in Conflict/Homeworld. Like my squads more than my Army.

MOO will be up there, if its 2016.

March 1, 2016 3:39:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Primal_Savage no, I'm just regular backer. They're not doing much talking at all about the closed beta or development, it's been dead silent since their last gameplay video I think. Hopefully the EA is right around the corner, and those of us who just paid for the final product will get in on that.

March 2, 2016 9:09:32 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums
After the half-assed wreck that Rome II Total War is I will not be buying Warhammer Total War on release and amy not buy it at all, depending on reviews by players- not critics - the critics and computer game magazines are full of shit and painted Rome II as wonderful. They didn't even make a new game engine, just used the Empire Total War one which can't put units in proper formation in battle and can't handle using rams and ladders on walls in assualts on walled cities. That means it can't be fixed by patches, because the engine was never designed for the game.
March 2, 2016 9:17:05 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums
If you liked Fantasy General you should try Sovereignty - kind of Fantasy General style battles but dozens of different kingdoms and a campaign map to fight over. Don't expect fancy graphics - all 2 dimensional - but an ok game. It's in Early Access on Steam.
March 2, 2016 10:32:51 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Misfire_Bot,

MOO will be up there, if its 2016.

MOO is available now as Early Access.  AI is weak, there are several features yet to be implemented, but it looks nice and it has that familiar MOO flavor.  Its a bit more fun and lighthearted than MOO3 was, especially with the voice acting from several well-known voice actors (Worf and Q from Star Trek, Wash from Firefly, etc.)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time: