The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The shows you watched in 2015

By on January 7, 2016 2:18:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Timmaigh

Join Date 05/2009
+44

If games can have thread like this, TV shows deserve one of their own too...

Personally i watched:

12 Monkeys:  not the best show ever and on occasion bit of a míndfuck, but overall i enjoyed and look forward to second season. I am sure many people would hate it, pick plotholes and whatonot and granted, it has its weaknesses, but its a show that makes you actually think, what is going on and guess, what might happen next. That is always a good thing in my book.

Vikings 3rd season: i think it kept its standard from previous years. Means its good, but personally prefer Game of Thrones more. Lot of pretty women in this one Anyway, bring on season 4.

Helix 2nd season: terrible show. Dont watch. I should have known better after terrible first season, but there was certain hope it may get better. It did not, surprisingly, LOL. The only good thing i took from it was the song "Do you know the way to San Jose" by Dionne Warwick - never heard it before watching this show.

Under the Dome 3rd season: another one i watched, cause of gained momentum i guess. Cause its not really good. Not as terrible as Helix, but still garbage. Again the only good thing about it over the past 3 years is the song called "End of the World" by Skeeter Davis - never heard it before and totally love it. Not good enough to fool me into watching it 4th year in the row, if there is one more season.

Falling Skies 5th and final season: thank god. Still dont understand why i kept watching it 5 summers in the row, cause i never really liked it. Maybe cause of the post-apocalyptic setting and overall atmosphere, but otherwise, it was IMO weak from the start, got only worse in time and this final season was just nail in the coffin. Probably the worst scifi show containing alien spieces i ever saw. 

Game of Thrones 5th season: better than season 4 IMO, not as good as initial 2, or maybe 3. Still looking forward to season 6th. Seeing the progress of the story so far, i doubt it will ever come to its conclusion. The ratings will bust long before.

True Detective 2nd season: not as good as season 1 IMO, but still fairly decent.

The Killing US (full series): probably the best of the lot i watched. Absolutely awesome. Great acting, screenplay, atmosphere, everything. Highly recommended.

The Bridge US (full series): not as good as Killing IMO, but still great and worth watching.

The Wayward Pines: new sci-fi. Got sort of surprised by certain thing, expected time travel based on what i read, but it was something else in the end, sort of unique for these kind of shows. Hope i am not spoiling too much. Otherwise, it was decent, but saw better shows before. 

Dark Matter: feels a lot like Stargate, cause same producers. I liked Stargates, so i fairly liked this. It was bit too episodic few times and felt like filler, but there was bunch of great episodes near the end, so hopefully that trend will continue next season. Overall i think they managed to get together mostly likeable bunch of actors, who have good chemistry together. Just like Stargate did. The main female actress is really hot. Looking forward to next season.

Kill Joys: competition to Dark Matter, similarly set in space. I guess overall i prefered DM, but kinda liked this as well. Certainly had its strong points. Both have sort of overarching mystery, DM concerning the past of the main crew, this one concerning local politics and some secret organisation, so it kept me interested even through those weaker episodes. Once again, main female character is incredibly hot, actually i cant say whether more than the one from Dark Matter or this one, I hope its not too sexist to say things like this, hahaha. Its not the reason i watched either of the shows, but it certainly did not annoy me to look at some pretty faces.

The Last Ship 2nd season: i actually kinda liked it. The over the top patriotism was over the top as usual, but this one had some nice antagonists, and overall i liked it more than first season.

The Extant 2nd season: pretty much the same feelings as in case of Last Ship. Did not think i was going to like it, but it was not that bad in the end.

The Whispers: it had interesting background mystery, just the small writ-up on the IMDB page concerning its plot made me want to watch it. It was fairly decent in the end IMO, but the ending was bit shit. 

The Dig: concerning some old prophecies and religion, taking place mostly in Jerusalem, fairly decent with weak ending (for different reasons) like Whispers. Once again the background plot hooked me in, the conclusion could be better though. But this one at least was closed story arc, so any possible second season will be about something else.

Allegiance: only saw 4 episodes so far, concerning russian spies in US. Not that great so far, but i am not giving up on it yet.

The Expanse: so far watched only 5 episodes, but its probably the second best show i watched. And its scifi set in space, yay! With spaceships and stuff. More serious than Dark Matter or KillJoys and i like that. Cant wait for the next episode. Highly recommended.

Thats it, quite a lot, did not realize until now, haha. Anyway, your turn!

28 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 7, 2016 2:56:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Great thread!

I don't watch a whole lot of TV shows, but this is what I was interested in.

Falling Skies - One of my favorite shows, and I'm glad they got to end the story even though I wasn't particularly happy with the final episode.

The Last Ship - My new favorite. It was a great season and the ending makes me excited for the next season.

Dark Matter - Started watching this on Netflix as it came up as a recommendation. Ended up watching the whole season and liked it.

Revenge - Another show my wife and I started watching on Netflix and ended up watching like all 5 seasons as much as we could. 

Narcos - Netflix did a really great job with this one.

January 7, 2016 6:52:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Extant - good to excellent.  Series was cancelled abruptly so the end-show was forced too quickly and was kinda lame.

Orphan Black - best -(only seen season one and two). Very witty dialog.

Dark matter - good.

Wayward Pines - Ok.

Helix - so-so.  Second season very quirky and unsettling.

Jessica Jones.  very good.

Bitten - good.

Lost Girl - very good.

January 7, 2016 7:26:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

12 Monkeys: not the best show ever and on occasion bit of a míndfuck, but overall i enjoyed and look forward to second season. I am sure many people would hate it, pick plotholes and whatonot and granted, it has its weaknesses, but its a show that makes you actually think, what is going on and guess, what might happen next. That is always a good thing in my book.

Gave it a shot but the plot holes (yeah you saw them too) were too glaring to ignore after a while.

Under the Dome 3rd season: another one i watched, cause of gained momentum i guess. Cause its not really good. Not as terrible as Helix, but still garbage. Again the only good thing about it over the past 3 years is the song called "End of the World" by Skeeter Davis - never heard it before and totally love it. Not good enough to fool me into watching it 4th year in the row, if there is one more season.

Also lost interest after it strayed waaay too far from the book.

Mine in no particular order:

1. Suits

2. The Blacklist

3. Game of Thrones

4. Haven (just have to see how it ends)

5. Person of interest (same reason as above)

6. House of cards

7. Shameless

8. The walking dead

January 7, 2016 7:55:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wow, I must be weird. Of all the shows listed in this thread, I did not watch any of them.

January 7, 2016 7:56:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting LightStar,

Wow, I must be weird. Of all the shoes listed in this thread, I did not watch any of them.

What, you weird?  Your'e on the web!      

January 7, 2016 8:08:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Downton Abbey

Jeopardy

January 7, 2016 8:10:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Since it began, NCIS is still my all time favorite.

January 7, 2016 9:03:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,

Wow, I must be weird. Of all the shoes listed in this thread, I did not watch any of them.
Ditto, and I thought #1 in reply #3 was Sluts.

January 7, 2016 9:18:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,

You doing an Ed Sullivan impersonation?

"A really big shoe!"  

January 8, 2016 5:44:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I didn't watch any of them too.

January 8, 2016 7:03:35 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Of all the shows currently...if you have never seen this one...do it.

She has to be the best actor in modern history...bar none.

January 8, 2016 7:06:16 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Latest season ofHomeland was/is the best.

Find an Australian underpants model...stick him in a period piece on the other side of the planet and you have the brilliant Vikings.

January 8, 2016 9:03:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Here's some of what we watch in the evenings.

NCIS (although hearing "what ya got for me Abby" gets a little old)

Foyle's War

Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries

Midsummer Murders

Broadchurch

Poirot

Murder She Wrote

Gotham

Wallander (both series)

Suits

I watch a lot while skinning but my choices tend to be more background. For instance, right now I'm watching, "Video Game High School"

January 8, 2016 9:04:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

oops

wasn't there a delete post button?

January 8, 2016 10:05:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Hankers,

Quoting LightStar,

You doing an Ed Sullivan impersonation?

"A really big shoe!"  

Lol, I was just playing a Zubaz. Fixed.

Actually, I watch NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, Bones, Lets Make a Deal, The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, The Curse of Oak Island, Mysteries at the Museum, News channels, many shows on HGTV, and several others.

March 23, 2016 7:02:06 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My list goes like:

1. Game of Thrones: Favorite show

2. Jessica Jones

3. Falling Skies.

4. The walking dead

5. Orphan Black is awesome!

March 23, 2016 8:25:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

1: Orphan Black

2: Game of Thrones

3: Da Vinci's Demons

4: Falling Skies

5: Lost Girl

6: Jessica Jones

7: Haven

8: Person of Interest

9: Bitten

10: Extant

11: Dark Matter

12: Helix

13: Under The Dome

14: Arrow

15: Bones

16: Castle

17: The 100

18: Blindspot

19: Quantico

20: Colony

There are others, but another time.

March 23, 2016 8:27:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

mine goes like this

Under the Dome awesome

Revenge loved it

Orphan Black

Lost Girl

Haven

Person of interest

Once upon a time

pretty little liers

the 100

Arrow

and many others, too many to mention

March 23, 2016 5:02:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Some more....

21: Salem

22: Hemlock Grove

23: Continuum

24: Rogue

25: Forever

26: Between

27: Dominion

28: The Messengers

29: The Whispers

30: Wayward Pines

31: Atlantis

32: The Librarians

33: The Magicians

34: Once Upon A Time

35: Jonathon Strange & Mr Norell

36: Constantine

37: From Dusk 'til Dawn

38: Outlander

39: The Shannara Chronicles

40: Grimm

There might be one or two more but that's enough for now

March 23, 2016 7:21:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Starkers....I took out the ones I don't...and ended up with those...

March 23, 2016 11:42:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Starkers....I took out the ones I don't...and ended up with those...

Probably cos you spend much more time at WC/Stardock than I do... tho I do have other reasons for watching more TV than you.  I don't get out much due to mobility and vertigo issues.... and I no longer drive for those very reasons and night blindness, which I somehow developed in the last 20 or so years, as did my sister.

Besides, if I'm paying for Foxtel and Netflix, I may as well get my money's worth.

March 24, 2016 9:12:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I rarely watch TV except for the news. It's hard to find a show that's engaging.

After the X-files and Fringe, it feels like it's all been done before, aliens, gov't conspiracies and cover ups, technology used for some nefarious purpose, genetic engineering, super soldiers, biblical prophecies, ancient advanced civilizations, eldritch abominations, unobtainium this, applied phlebotinum that, etc.

Same old same old recycled ideas.

March 24, 2016 5:09:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Agree....

March 24, 2016 11:32:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Agree....

Ditto.... in triplicate and on hard copy up in the 'cloud'

Tatiana Maslany is one super talented actress... and I'm not using a sexist term there, just recognising and admiring her as a woman with a huge talent... not to mention potential.  I mean, seriously, there have been actors/actresses who could pull off two roles [usually twins], but Tatiana has successfully pulled off 9 or 10 completely different characters and been convincing in each.

I read one guy's thoughts on a forum and he felt Orphan Black was just a promotional carriage for Tatiana Maslany and that it was poorly scripted, acted and produced.  I thought to myself after reading that: "You obviously not watching the same show I am."

Oh well, you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all of the time.

A couple of other shows, although not new, that I've been catching up on as well....

41: Terra Nova

42: Torchwood

43: Sanctuary

44: Painkiller Jane

45: Dollhouse

46: Dark Angel

I intend to revisit Fringe when new show releases slow down.  I bought the entire series on Bluray and can watch it at my leisure whenever I want.

March 27, 2016 11:41:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Have been, and still watching:

Agents of SHIELD: My favourite for some time.

Blindspot: Excellent new show and one I can binge watch. Pleased to hear it's been renewed for a second season.

Legends of Tomorrow: Just started watching this, not sure about it yet.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: