The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is Rey a Super Jedi, Is Finn Force Sensitive?

By on December 23, 2015 8:07:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ohoh2

Join Date 07/2013
+2

Rey

How is it that Rey was able to over-power the mighty Kylo Ren during interrogation and defeat him in the end? We could blame the fact Ren was injured at the end but still Rey seems a little over-powered against someone who can stop a laser beam mid flight.

One thing i have learnt about people with over powered abilities is that they are always easily seduced by the dark side to keep that power. 

Anyway, back on point: Finn

Finn is able to survive so long against Kylo Ren during the lightsaber fight and manages to injure Ren in the process. I guess it could be one of those moments when noobs get lucky or because he's force sensitive, drawn to the light side, can't kill at the beginning of the movie, senses he's got a higher purpose either than running and as a result then mysteriously knows how to wield a lightsaber against a sith lord. 

Sigh..I have so many questions.

P.S

My favourite line in the movie is Spoiler: "The Scavenger resisted you"  Which translates to "Your Such a Noob"

29 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 23, 2016 9:15:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Rey's actress is 23, Ren's is in his 30's, their character ages are only a few years lower according to the internet.  Neither of them are playing children, even if one of them has the mental stability of a spoiled three year old.  Me thinks you try too hard.

January 23, 2016 10:55:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Saw the movie for real last week. Question...

What/who is the short orange alien with big glasses?

I'm guessing she is somehow connected to Yoda. (In the movie, Solo mentioned she had been around for 1,000 years.)...and just how did she get her hands on that light saber?...

June 10, 2016 4:31:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The lightsaber can be assumed to have not been dumped down a chute like Skywalker was, and was sitting around cloud city looking stupid together with a dismembered hand until someone found it and picked it up.  It's supposedly a touchy feely artifact, so if one can feel such things, it's not a stretch to "feel" it and go find it.  The alien with the big glasses is Chewie's sugar momma?  Doesn't exactly look like Yoda, no reason to assume they have to be connected, clearly are not supposed to be the same species with such stark physical differences.

June 28, 2016 11:00:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting psychoak,

The alien with the big glasses is Chewie's sugar momma?  Doesn't exactly look like Yoda, no reason to assume they have to be connected, clearly are not supposed to be the same species with such stark physical differences.

The orange alien may not be Yoda's species, but I'd be willing to bet that she will be filling the "Wise Old Mentor" role similar to Yoda.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: